HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Sony 1000xm3

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2018, 04:31 PM   #76
High Supremacy Member

I got a feeling they are not selling local warranty sets. This is what I got from them when I asked.

https://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/goods/...code=578679517
Ok confirm not local Sony set. Whatsapp the seller, tell me story about how the sets are not meant for end customer. Aiyah so many pattern for what.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:45 PM   #77

Ok confirm not local Sony set. Whatsapp the seller, tell me story about how the sets are not meant for end customer. Aiyah so many pattern for what.
Wow sianz. Looks like wait for Stereo's better offer with their $50 off coupon. So far as a member I have yet to receive any Stereo's coupon.
waikiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #78

Was at Stereo today to have my hands-on audition of the XM3. The headphone is a disappointing experience. It lacks bite (or aggression), dynamism, sparkle and shine of the XM2. The sound signature was dark, tame and smooth over the XM2 which has been my constant driver day in day out. The headphone loses track of the instruments and resulted in an artificially bloated sound (the bass appears boosted and inflat) when all the instruments kick-in at the same time for the highs. For vocal, it is sweet and emotive in a simple setup but feel less warmth and not as forward as the XM2. I must admit the ANC is very good and a sharp improvement over the XM2. I couldnt hear any external voices at the cashier due to the good seal and bigger ear cup opening. Comfort is a joy on the XM3 and heat trap is significantly reduced than the XM2 during my 60-90 mins audition. However I will be keeping my XM2 for another year as sound quality is the soul and joy of the headphone. Sound is subjective and YMMV.

Last edited by waikiki; 11-10-2018 at 09:10 PM..
Old 11-10-2018, 09:55 PM   #79
High Supremacy Member

Was at Stereo today to have my hands-on audition of the XM3. The headphone is a disappointing experience. It lacks bite (or aggression), dynamism, sparkle and shine of the XM2. The sound signature was dark, tame and smooth over the XM2 which has been my constant driver day in day out. The headphone loses track of the instruments and resulted in an artificially bloated sound (the bass appears boosted and inflat) when all the instruments kick-in at the same time for the highs. For vocal, it is sweet and emotive in a simple setup but feel less warmth and not as forward as the XM2. I must admit the ANC is very good and a sharp improvement over the XM2. I couldnt hear any external voices at the cashier due to the good seal and bigger ear cup opening. Comfort is a joy on the XM3 and heat trap is significantly reduced than the XM2 during my 60-90 mins audition. However I will be keeping my XM2 for another year as sound quality is the soul and joy of the headphone. Sound is subjective and YMMV.
yes more superior.. but SQ wise XM2 is better.. XM3 is darker

I heard the different just from YouTube and can tell the xm2 is way way better in term of SQ.
Nakedtoes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:04 PM   #80

I heard the different just from YouTube and can tell the xm2 is way way better in term of SQ.
XM3 SQ is like a drugged Bose QC35-2 with a tad better bass definition and power but lacks control in heavy instruments laden songs.

Last edited by waikiki; 12-10-2018 at 12:20 AM..
Old 12-10-2018, 12:30 AM   #81
High Supremacy Member

That bad eh? All those Youtube reviews all say differently. Paid reviews?
Old 12-10-2018, 02:04 AM   #82

That bad eh? All those Youtube reviews all say differently. Paid reviews?
Most of these reviews focus on the tech and ANC quality.

I dont claim to have golden ears but there are music that we are familiar with and always play them. I playback those same songs on the XM3 and immediately noted the difference in the SQ. XM2 may lose some clarity and spatial awareness in the process but in terms of overall musicality, balance and presentation, it fares better as these does not come across as light-weighted or fluffy. This may have to do with the DAC and amplifier for the overly smoothness and tameness on the XM3.

Last edited by waikiki; 12-10-2018 at 02:10 AM..
Old 12-10-2018, 02:10 AM   #83
High Supremacy Member

Most of these reviews focus on the tech and ANC quality.

I dont claim to have golden ears but there are music that we are familiar with and always play them. I playback those same songs on the XM3 and immediately noted the difference in the SQ. XM2 may lose some clarity and spatial awareness in the process but in terms of overall musicality, balance and presentation, it fares better as these does not come across as light-weighted or fluffy. This may have to do with the DAC and amplifier for the overly smoothness and tameness on the XM3.
I specifically note the SQ part of those video and written reviews. Overwhelmingly they say it's better. But dunno lah, wait till I get mine then see how.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:15 AM   #84

I specifically note the SQ part of those video and written reviews. Overwhelmingly they say it's better. But dunno lah, wait till I get mine then see how.
You can drop by Stereo and have a listen for yourself. I spent abt 60 to 90 mins in the shop playing back every HiRes songs on my P2 to gauge the SQ and come back feel short-changed. It made me felt and thought that I was going back to the Bose QC35.2 after the session.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:37 AM   #85

Have you tried Sennheier’s PXC550? I was doing a comparison test at ConnectIT previously. Pxc550 was a ‘forgotten’ model. Quite like the fit too 😂

theaudioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:51 PM   #86
High Supremacy Member

Have you tried Sennheier’s PXC550? I was doing a comparison test at ConnectIT previously. Pxc550 was a ‘forgotten’ model. Quite like the fit too 😂
But I read the NC not as good, never really consider.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:56 PM   #87
Master Member

You can drop by Stereo and have a listen for yourself. I spent abt 60 to 90 mins in the shop playing back every HiRes songs on my P2 to gauge the SQ and come back feel short-changed. It made me felt and thought that I was going back to the Bose QC35.2 after the session.
60 to 90 mins???... Wah the staff there bei sian?
jackycar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 03:48 AM   #88

60 to 90 mins???... Wah the staff there bei sian?
I played my own sweet time without bothering them. Why should they be bothered since they were busying serving other customers too. I was left alone on my own and listen to all I want. It was non-peak anyway.
Old 18-10-2018, 07:59 PM   #89
Supremacy Member

Tried the new Sony 1000XM3. Really so much better than Bose QC35. Really beat it in terms of sound quality, noise cancelling and comfort.
The WH-1000 MX3 headphones cost $519 at Somerset 313 if you bargain a bit.

Have to pay full price to reserve a set as of now. no stocks available.

http://www.feed2all.eu/type/football.html
jokerpoker81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.