HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Sony MDR1000X

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2017, 02:41 PM   #46
High Supremacy Member

Anyone has tried sony LDAC technology with the MDR1000s? Would it be worth the investment? What is the cheapest available device with LDAC?
Only if your files are loseless with higher than 320kpbs.
Flac files like 1.44mbps and above than you can get the benefit.
If not standard BT connection from any device will do fine.

Cheapest will be Sony Walkman A3X with LDAC.
BTW please take note Walkman A3X is not based on Android,
if you are using Spotify you have to use your own HP or
get a network based HP.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:16 PM   #47

I am using Xperia X Performance for LDAC. Good!
lersheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:14 AM   #48

thanks all for your input.

From what I read on the other sony thread, muahchee997 probably has the cheapest LDAC kangtao.

"no mind old model, Changi t3 Sony store now have promotion on Nw-A26hn @ sgd186. Is a nw-a20 series with 32gb plus the NC ear phones"
sigur_ros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 04:30 PM   #49

I'm selling my Sony mdr 1000x. Less than a month old and barely used it. Complete accessories and box. Need to fund another gadget. Anyone interested?
iceis10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 02:34 PM   #50

Qoo10 giving $100 voucher off this weekend .. worth considering if you're purchasing some high ticket items
dancingqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #51

Qoo10 giving $100 voucher off this weekend .. worth considering if you're purchasing some high ticket items
Sony MDR1000X sold out at Stereo shop Qoo10!
Vladimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 01:49 AM   #52

Sony MDR1000X sold out at Stereo shop Qoo10!
Hoot 1 liao, waiting for a while for this promo.
us spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #53

Hoot 1 liao, waiting for a while for this promo.
oh yes, they had stocked up 9 pieces the last i look this morning. but beige grey only.
Vladimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 03:21 PM   #54

I also hoot the black one
us spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2017, 05:54 PM   #55
Supremacy Member

My corlick bought for use on his recent rrip., Swears by it. Tried it, not bad. But din buy cos I dun fly that often. Prefer to use IEMs cos its smaller
hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:27 AM   #56

Anyone else facing issue on the left earphone joint cracking? Something similar to what is discussed in this link https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/309028
~Dragonite~ likes this.
ianlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:32 AM   #57

I did. Use a piece of paper and slip thru the rotating joints to clean the dirt. It'll fix it.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:53 AM   #58
Supremacy Member

Bought mine at almost free but took a few mths.

Find a friend who work at Sony Malaysia, paid 2 headset for S$850. (after exchange rate)

Sold one at $540. Effectively personal use headset cost S$310. Maybe after few years sell it for $400 or $350.

Took a few mths as need someone flying from MY to SG to help bring in.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
zippy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2017, 04:14 PM   #59

Anyone else facing issue on the left earphone joint cracking? Something similar to what is discussed in this link https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/309028
Good luck to those who're having the headband / ear up joint cracking issue - Sony Singapore WILL NOT cover this under their warranty as I've just confirmed with their senior customer support officer, Radah.

Tried escalating the issue up their management since this problem is fairly well known in many discussion forums but she didn't sound very helpful at all, giving the excuse that the problem is not known to Sony Singapore and the higher management will still give the same answer.

I've left my number and email address with Sony and I'll see how they respond to the issue.

From this initial experience with this single customer service officer from Sony Singapore, I would say I've lost my long established faith in the entire Sony brand and will not buy another piece of electronic from Sony unless they are able to do some proper service recovery.

Perhaps the other users can share if they have similar problem with their Sony MDR 1000X plastic headband cracking, and whether they have it repaired / replaced by Sony Singapore?
TanSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:51 AM   #60

Good luck to those who're having the headband / ear up joint cracking issue - Sony Singapore WILL NOT cover this under their warranty as I've just confirmed with their senior customer support officer, Radah.

Tried escalating the issue up their management since this problem is fairly well known in many discussion forums but she didn't sound very helpful at all, giving the excuse that the problem is not known to Sony Singapore and the higher management will still give the same answer.

I've left my number and email address with Sony and I'll see how they respond to the issue.

From this initial experience with this single customer service officer from Sony Singapore, I would say I've lost my long established faith in the entire Sony brand and will not buy another piece of electronic from Sony unless they are able to do some proper service recovery.

Perhaps the other users can share if they have similar problem with their Sony MDR 1000X plastic headband cracking, and whether they have it repaired / replaced by Sony Singapore?
I have managed to do an exchange couple of months back. No charges. Unfortunately, the replace headset has similar cracks again and I have sent it in for their assessment last week. Spoke to the staff there and asked if there are similar cases to which he replied from his knowledge, no other cases.
I do wonder if the crack are an inherent design issue whereby it's not suitable for folks with a larger head (myself is an example).
ianlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.