HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Sony unveils WF-1000XM3 truly wireless noise-cancelling earbuds

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2019, 10:43 AM   #61
Arch-Supremacy Member

No leh. Where can I find demo sets in SG?
No demo but must buy. Ask from AV One@Adelphi

If you check the net you'll find Dekoni tips are better than Comply. After prolonged use the Comply tips will be squashed whereas the Dekoni tips still retain their shape.

Pretty expensive for Dekoni 6pcs same size cost $29 if I'm not wrong. They don't come in different sizes but 6pcs same size per pack

Last edited by Apparatus; 14-07-2019 at 10:48 AM..
Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 10:54 AM   #62

No demo but must buy. Ask from AV One@Adelphi

If you check the net you'll find Dekoni tips are better than Comply. After prolonged use the Comply tips will be squashed whereas the Dekoni tips still retain their shape.

Pretty expensive for Dekoni 6pcs same size cost $29 if I'm not wrong. They don't come in different sizes but 6pcs same size per pack
Actually the Comply ones are also selling at $29 for 6 pcs
Old 14-07-2019, 11:34 AM   #63
Master Member

Wah, you power leh, use youtube train video to test the earphones!
I noticed that when ANC is turned on, it is more quiet than the "ambient control off" (which is purely isolation).

I also noticed that this earphones perform poorly in windy situations. The wind was blowing and I could hear the wind quite loudly. Anyone experience this too?
In the app, under the Ambient Sound Control, you can actually choose Wind Noise Reduction using the slider. Left most is Noise Cancellation, move it one notch to the right and you get Wind Noise Cancellation. The wind noise thing is purely a matter of physics, any earbuds that sticks out sufficiently will catch the wind and will in turn generate wind noise.
parchiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 11:44 AM   #64
Master Member

Orchard.

Yeah I tried all the modes - ANC mode, ambient sound, and ANC off. The store had a lot of background noise - people talking, music on speakers. I didn't really hear that much of a difference with ANC on and off which is a problem.

Probably works better for commute (low constant background noise) but might as well just get TWS IEM with a good seal.
Not just TW IEM, any IEM with a good seal, I want to know.

So I have the WF-M3 and the QC20, both have ANC. Will Shures be comparable to the two? Do I need to change the tips to get something comparable? Any other IEMs to consider, wired or not? No headphones for me, I believe the WH-M3 will be better, but its hard to use headphones in the kind of weather we have.

Last edited by parchiao; 14-07-2019 at 12:29 PM..
Old 14-07-2019, 12:51 PM   #65

In the app, under the Ambient Sound Control, you can actually choose Wind Noise Reduction using the slider. Left most is Noise Cancellation, move it one notch to the right and you get Wind Noise Cancellation. The wind noise thing is purely a matter of physics, any earbuds that sticks out sufficiently will catch the wind and will in turn generate wind noise.
Oh, I had it at noise cancellation all the time. Didn't use the adaptive sound control mode.

Last edited by fongwk8; 14-07-2019 at 12:57 PM..
fongwk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 02:59 PM   #66

in my wish list now!
Old 14-07-2019, 10:19 PM   #67

in my wish list now!
Mai Tu Liao~
Old 15-07-2019, 07:00 PM   #68
Arch-Supremacy Member

I visited Connect IT Somerset branch earlier to try out this earpiece, below are my thoughts. Just for reference, I own Apple AirPods, Shure SE535 and Sennheiser HD800S.

What I like:
Sounds very good to my ears, especially when ANC is on. Background chatter in the store was pretty much gone with ANC activated. Sound stage was pretty spacious, good detail and instrumental separation. Plenty of EQ options available through the Sony headphones app.

Good fit on my ears, stays firmly attached and doesn't look like it will drop out easily.

What I don't like:
Controls are terrible, even compared to AirPods. Single tap to pause music didn't work, even though double tap / triple tap to next/previous track worked fine. Also, the auto pause on removal of earpiece functionality didn't work even though the option had been enabled in the app. No way to control the volume using the earpiece. I'm using iPhone 6s plus with the latest iOS version.

The blue LED blinks all the time while the earpiece was on my ears, contrary to what another forumer said. Really looks damn ah pek, totally ruined the sleek earpiece design imo.

I think you have to think hard if the ANC and sound quality justifies the price tag and poor controls. Personally I'll wait it out until the software improves and price goes down a bit since my AirPods / SE535 still serves me well.
Old 15-07-2019, 08:22 PM   #69
Master Member

What I don't like:
Controls are terrible, even compared to AirPods. Single tap to pause music didn't work, even though double tap / triple tap to next/previous track worked fine. Also, the auto pause on removal of earpiece functionality didn't work even though the option had been enabled in the app. No way to control the volume using the earpiece. I'm using iPhone 6s plus with the latest iOS version.

The blue LED blinks all the time while the earpiece was on my ears, contrary to what another forumer said. Really looks damn ah pek, totally ruined the sleek earpiece design imo.

I think you have to think hard if the ANC and sound quality justifies the price tag and poor controls. Personally I'll wait it out until the software improves and price goes down a bit since my AirPods / SE535 still serves me well.
Agree about the sensitivity of the controls. What I did was to turn off everything and set the music to pause when one bud is removed.

Regarding the LED blinking light, I had the same experience as you did. Strangely, it does not blink anymore.

But I do have a question regarding the SE535. Does it really block out a lot of noise with the silicon tips or do you need to use the foam tips to get maximum sound isolation similar to the Sony?
Old 15-07-2019, 08:32 PM   #70
Arch-Supremacy Member

Agree about the sensitivity of the controls. What I did was to turn off everything and set the music to pause when one bud is removed.

Regarding the LED blinking light, I had the same experience as you did. Strangely, it does not blink anymore.

But I do have a question regarding the SE535. Does it really block out a lot of noise with the silicon tips or do you need to use the foam tips to get maximum sound isolation similar to the Sony?
Did u do any firmware update such that the LED doesn't blink during usage? Are u on Android/iOS? For me the music pause on removal of earpiece doesn't work at all when i tested the demo unit earlier.

I don't have any ANC headphone/earphones, but I always bring my SE535 on my business trips. With the foam tips, I basically can't hear crying babies on the plane when music is on.
Old 15-07-2019, 09:14 PM   #71
Master Member

Did u do any firmware update such that the LED doesn't blink during usage? Are u on Android/iOS? For me the music pause on removal of earpiece doesn't work at all when i tested the demo unit earlier.

I don't have any ANC headphone/earphones, but I always bring my SE535 on my business trips. With the foam tips, I basically can't hear crying babies on the plane when music is on.
I am using an iPhone 8 plus. The app on the phone has a control where you can toggle that in turn sets up the earbuds to pause when either bud is removed. I am not sure if a firmware update was done as I left it on as a default. A check on the version that the buds run on is 1.2.3.
Old 16-07-2019, 08:47 AM   #72

I'm using the earphones on a Samsung S10+.

Nope, didn't update any firmware to stop the LEDs from blinking. I also saw from the Manual (https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wf100...arch=indicator): "In the factory setting, when you wear the headset, the indicator turns off. If you change the setting on the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app so that the headset does not turn off by the automatic power off function by wearing detection, the indicator will not turn off even when the headset is worn."

I guess that the wrong settings kept the LEDs blinking all the time.

Pause when earbuds is removed worked well for my phone. But yes, I am slightly disappointed that we can't adjust the volume on the earbuds.
Old 16-07-2019, 04:37 PM   #73
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone use it in airplane yet? good in filter out jet engine noise?
Old 16-07-2019, 04:38 PM   #74

this looks really good
doubtingthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 05:20 PM   #75
Great Supremacy Member

Went jurong east Stereo and Connect-IT, both black colour sold out, walked over to Challenger and got stock and same member price.

The equalizer and clear bass is good.
DigDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.