HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Sony unveils WF-1000XM3 truly wireless noise-cancelling earbuds

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2019, 11:34 PM   #76
High Supremacy Member

Concurred.....challenger plenty of stocks..............
Old 17-07-2019, 09:08 AM   #77
Supremacy Member

I visited Connect IT Somerset branch earlier to try out this earpiece, below are my thoughts. Just for reference, I own Apple AirPods, Shure SE535 and Sennheiser HD800S.

What I like:
Sounds very good to my ears, especially when ANC is on. Background chatter in the store was pretty much gone with ANC activated. Sound stage was pretty spacious, good detail and instrumental separation. Plenty of EQ options available through the Sony headphones app.

Good fit on my ears, stays firmly attached and doesn't look like it will drop out easily.

What I don't like:
Controls are terrible, even compared to AirPods. Single tap to pause music didn't work, even though double tap / triple tap to next/previous track worked fine. Also, the auto pause on removal of earpiece functionality didn't work even though the option had been enabled in the app. No way to control the volume using the earpiece. I'm using iPhone 6s plus with the latest iOS version.

The blue LED blinks all the time while the earpiece was on my ears, contrary to what another forumer said. Really looks damn ah pek, totally ruined the sleek earpiece design imo.

I think you have to think hard if the ANC and sound quality justifies the price tag and poor controls. Personally I'll wait it out until the software improves and price goes down a bit since my AirPods / SE535 still serves me well.
Oh wow, from a se535 you can accept AirPods just for the wireless?
runningman.snsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 09:18 AM   #78
Great Supremacy Member

As mentioned by someone, the blinking blue light when put on is because the auto power off after 5 mins when not in use function is turned off in the app. If turn on this function, there's no blinking light when the buds are in your ears.
fongwk8 likes this.

Last edited by DigDub; 17-07-2019 at 09:58 AM..
DigDub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 06:07 PM   #79

Concurred.....challenger plenty of stocks..............
Lol sian.. still waiting for my pre order with Sony.
quiksive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 08:12 PM   #80
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh wow, from a se535 you can accept AirPods just for the wireless?
Different use case bro. When I'm jostling with the rush hour crowd or going for a jog, I don't want to have wires dangling from my ears. Last time my SE535 wires ever kena tio hook by an auntie's umbrella while she was exiting MRT. Sibeh dulan

Airpods = Jogging, daily commute
SE535 = Plane travels
HD800S = Serious listening at home

With WF-1000XM3, I was hoping it can be used for daily commute and plane travels ... but I'm still gonna wait and see.
Old 17-07-2019, 09:47 PM   #81

Lol sian.. still waiting for my pre order with Sony.
Wah, you pre-order from Sony, still need to wait one ah... Did you place a deposit? Otherwise, buy from outside liao.
Old 17-07-2019, 09:49 PM   #82
Great Supremacy Member

All the shops restock liao.
Old 17-07-2019, 10:05 PM   #83
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah, you power leh, use youtube train video to test the earphones!
I noticed that when ANC is turned on, it is more quiet than the "ambient control off" (which is purely isolation).

I also noticed that this earphones perform poorly in windy situations. The wind was blowing and I could hear the wind quite loudly. Anyone experience this too?
Yup, windy and you can hear the wind noise. Secondly, I can hear my colleagues talking softly inside the company bus with ANC on alone without music on.

I think if Sony cannot make better ANC I believe no one can

BTW, I'm talking of the ANC for WH-1000XM3

Last edited by Apparatus; 17-07-2019 at 10:08 PM..
Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 10:14 PM   #84

Yup, windy and you can hear the wind noise. Secondly, I can hear my colleagues talking softly inside the company bus with ANC on alone without music on.

I think if Sony cannot make better ANC I believe no one can

BTW, I'm talking of the ANC for WH-1000XM3
If I'm not wrong, the bus engine + road noise is very very soft... Then people talking is very soft.
Old 17-07-2019, 10:26 PM   #85
Arch-Supremacy Member

If I'm not wrong, the bus engine + road noise is very very soft... Then people talking is very soft.
People talking is louder especially those char bors laughing and giggling
Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 10:32 PM   #86

People talking is louder especially those char bors laughing and giggling
HAHAHA! For the first time, the basking along orchard road is noisier than the road noise too.
Old 17-07-2019, 10:51 PM   #87

Wah, you pre-order from Sony, still need to wait one ah... Did you place a deposit? Otherwise, buy from outside liao.
Paid already. Think tomorrow I go over Sony and check..
quiksive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 01:48 PM   #88

Went jurong east Stereo and Connect-IT, both black colour sold out, walked over to Challenger and got stock and same member price.

The equalizer and clear bass is good.

I went on the same day to Stereo except evening time and I got the black.
Old 18-07-2019, 05:50 PM   #89
Great Supremacy Member

I went on the same day to Stereo except evening time and I got the black.
I went Westgate one they no more stock for black. But yesterday they restock again.
Old 18-07-2019, 08:52 PM   #90

I am considering between WF-1000XM3 and PowerBeats pro. I understand these are two very different headset....

I am hoping to hear from the owner about these two points:

1. How secure is the fit? Do you think it can stay well in the ear while jogging? I know it is not design for workout and has no sweat proof etc, but I do need to use it for jogging occasionally.

2. How is the call quality for the other party? Can the other party hear your clearly, comparable to talking on the phone?

I Used Sony headphone before and really love its sound signature, much more than the Bose QC35 that I bought after that. In fact I regretted my purchase of QC35.

I am iPhone user so Beats has a lot of advantages plus it can meet above two criteria. I was actually waiting for the Beats to be available to purchase it. However with Sony coming out with 1000XM3, I kind of changed my mind, but worry it cannot meet above two requirement.

Thanks in advance!
longdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.