Sony unveils WF-1000XM3 truly wireless noise-cancelling earbuds

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$235 is still really cheap compared to what most people here got it for.

True, i got mine liao... Nice earbuds. the fit is better than my Outlier Air.
Sony itself selling at $319 after $30 cashback for Vday promo. So $235 is a steal.

stanleyluilai

Reaction score
Battery life is rated at six hours on a charge with noise cancellation enabled. If you turn it off, that extends to eight hours. Both of those numbers are on the high end for true wireless earbuds.

Kindovic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
finally gotten myself this wonderful earbuds :)
anyone can recommend a good casing?
thanks

sajokj

Reaction score
New Firmware update

Firmware update for Sony WF-1000XM3 is out: Version 2.3.0

Nothing exciting, was expecting Aptx HD or Aptx, just some bugs fixes.

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Update :

Wore it and went for jog yesterday. It suddenly rained heavily and my wf1000xm3 exposed to the heavy rain! (for quite a long time I exposed myself) I was drenched and soaking wet from the rain. Right far bud still OK but there's some shrilling on my left ear bud. Reached home and quickly dried them and charged (to give some heat for the moisture inside my left bud to evaporate ). Currently the shrilling gone, buds still going strong!

Conclusion:
These buds are good for gym and running.
Don't expose it to rain although mine did survive the really heavy thunderstorm last night. What an adventure! ~

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update :

Wore it and went for jog yesterday. It suddenly rained heavily and my wf1000xm3 exposed to the heavy rain! (for quite a long time I exposed myself) I was drenched and soaking wet from the rain. Right far bud still OK but there's some shrilling on my left ear bud. Reached home and quickly dried them and charged (to give some heat for the moisture inside my left bud to evaporate ). Currently the shrilling gone, buds still going strong!

Conclusion:
These buds are good for gym and running.
Don't expose it to rain although mine did survive the really heavy thunderstorm last night. What an adventure! ~

This is the worst advice I come across - never never never charge a wet device, it will shot circuit the component inside.
What you should have done is dry the outside and put in a sealed Tupperware container together with a cup of uncooked rice or silica gel, leave it for 2 days.
If you are impatient, then do leave it in sealed Tupperware container with a bottle of thirsty hippo, leave it for one day.

Trust me... your left earbud may seem to work now, maybe. One week done the road, you might feel it has deteriorated once the trapped water moisture start to corrode the sensitive diodes inside.
Water damage takes time to occur.... so don’t be too happy too soon.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.