Sony unveils WF-1000XM3 truly wireless noise-cancelling earbuds

precise

Reaction score
just did my DIY to replace the battery. it is easy but just need to be careful and slow.

now charging and hope the ear piece can play longer. keep you all posted.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn’t know the batts could be replaced for TWS earbuds, usually they’ll just replace the whole bud/s.

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody has got issues with Sony?

I sent my set in for repairs (under warranty), and after a week when I got it back they told me they have exchanged a set for me. So i brought it home to try. And shockingly, the supposedly new set has the exact same issues i had encountered for my old set.

1. Frequent switching of modes
2. Frequent disconnect and reconnects.
3. The right side will disconnect and doesn't work anymore until I off/on my bluetooth.

Somehow I got the same exact issues with my "exchanged set". It makes me wonder if they did anything at all, or if all of their 1000XM-3 are having the same problem.

Worse thing is when I called the helpline, the person was nonchalent and said there is nothing she can do. The service centre doesn't have a helpline and I can only bring it down to 313 again. I found that extremely bad customer service. I mean, the customer service is almost non-existant.

Anyone has any advise on how I can get any help except going down to 313 again?

precise

Reaction score
just did my DIY to replace the battery. it is easy but just need to be careful and slow.

now charging and hope the ear piece can play longer. keep you all posted.
ok. tested and the new batt can last up to 2 hours with anc and dsee on. quite disappointed. Guess the batt in the market are not the original varta batt.

precise

Reaction score
I called up Varta to find the original battery. They told me for the coin battery, it is OEM, i.e. they made and delivered to Sony. There is no distributor for the same Varta battery use on Sony XM3.
Suggest us to buy other mfg of the same size to replace the battery.
So has to live with the 2 hours battery life now till I find the next earpiece replacement.

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I called up Varta to find the original battery. They told me for the coin battery, it is OEM, i.e. they made and delivered to Sony. There is no distributor for the same Varta battery use on Sony XM3.
Suggest us to buy other mfg of the same size to replace the battery.
So has to live with the 2 hours battery life now till I find the next earpiece replacement.
if i were u, i take this chance buy new xm4... y go so far for a batt?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.