HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Sony wh 1000 xm4

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2020, 11:40 AM   #1

Sony wh 1000 xm4

Anyone hooting this?

A question on the internal mic and Audio.

I plan to use this for PC games, discord chats as well as for commuting.
I understand that there is no way to chat and listen to the game audio at the same time (wirelessly)

The solution is to get an wired external mic and connect to the 3.5mm jack of the xm4.

Question:
Instead of the above solution, can I connect the (included) 3.5mm cable from the headphones to my PC (wired) for audio and use the internal mic (Bluetooth connection to PC) for discord chats?

Will this allow me to chat and listen to the game audio at the same time?

Granted, I know this isnít a gaming headset but I am getting this As a multi purpose headset. For mobile phones, music, gaming and movies on phone.
YOlkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 04:18 PM   #2

Anyone hooting this?

A question on the internal mic and Audio.

I plan to use this for PC games, discord chats as well as for commuting.
I understand that there is no way to chat and listen to the game audio at the same time (wirelessly)

The solution is to get an wired external mic and connect to the 3.5mm jack of the xm4.

Question:
Instead of the above solution, can I connect the (included) 3.5mm cable from the headphones to my PC (wired) for audio and use the internal mic (Bluetooth connection to PC) for discord chats?

Will this allow me to chat and listen to the game audio at the same time?

Granted, I know this isnít a gaming headset but I am getting this As a multi purpose headset. For mobile phones, music, gaming and movies on phone.
Hi, the 1000XM4 audio and mic will work with PC. Once you paired the headphones to the PC, go to the audio settings and you should be able to see the speaker and mic options, and 1000XM4 should be pre-selected. With that, the software will make use of the audio and the mic from the 1000XM4.

If you want to choose different source for speaker and mic, that is also possible.

musicsg_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2020, 12:05 AM   #3

Hi, the 1000XM4 audio and mic will work with PC. Once you paired the headphones to the PC, go to the audio settings and you should be able to see the speaker and mic options, and 1000XM4 should be pre-selected. With that, the software will make use of the audio and the mic from the 1000XM4.

If you want to choose different source for speaker and mic, that is also possible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sony/commen...m_source=share

This thread explains fully the problem. And therefore I am posting my question in my first post.
YOlkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2020, 09:07 AM   #4

https://www.reddit.com/r/sony/commen...m_source=share

This thread explains fully the problem. And therefore I am posting my question in my first post.
Ah I see, this is what you are referring to. That is correct: Bluetooth cannot support high quality wireless audio with mic at the same time.

To answer your question, no, the included 3.5mm cable only carries 2 channel and no wired mic. You would need to buy a separate cable with built-in mic, like the image on the reddit thread above.
musicsg_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:44 AM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

What the best price currently for this model? Worth to get it over the xm3?

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
mamboeidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 02:50 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

What the best price currently for this model? Worth to get it over the xm3?

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
apply credit bank credit card .. if you were not a customer in the last 12 months.

Get it for free.. read their T&Cs.
mp4005 help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 09:01 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

apply credit bank credit card .. if you were not a customer in the last 12 months.

Get it for free.. read their T&Cs.
Tried n fail leh.... Dunno y they reject me.... My rating on the CB they give free is AA leh....

Posted from PCWX using SM-N960F
mamboeidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 09:17 AM   #8
Supremacy Member

Tried n fail leh.... Dunno y they reject me.... My rating on the CB they give free is AA leh....

Posted from PCWX using SM-N960F
ask a family member to apply ?

i have gotten so far, free Samsonite luggage, free Airpod pro and $200 from those credit card moneysmart, singsaver deals type. Some need min spend, some just apply can liao.

after 6 months or so , i just terminate. then hopefully 1 year later got some other deals then try to apply again.
mp4005 help is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.