Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Sony WI-1000XM2 Wireless Earphones

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Anything_Whatever

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2019, 08:11 AM   #1
High Supremacy Member

Talking Sony WI-1000XM2 Wireless Earphones

For those like me who prefer a neckband and lazy to keep those true wireless earbuds, i will recommend this. The sound totally blew me away, coming from my previous unit of Sennheiser M2 IEBT (which was no slouch either)

Spoiler!

There havent been many reviews but for the FEW that are available, they were spot on and no overselling, particularly on the sound quality part. nice punchy bass with very clear mids... they almost sound as good as a closed back headphone...
The noise cancellation works great and i can perhaps finally leave my trusted (but older model) of MDR-1000X behind when i travel

Please try it out if you have the chance.

Last edited by koroshiya8; 28-12-2019 at 08:15 AM..
koroshiya8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2019, 09:11 AM   #2
Master Member

What’s the damage?
Old 28-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #3
High Supremacy Member

SRP: $449
ConnectIT member: $429

i have some $40+ points , paid $383....
Old 28-12-2019, 11:05 AM   #4
Master Member

Thank you for the update.

Considering the price, I think more worth to go with a good pair of replaceable wire IEM and FiiO UTWS1.... best option where you can have wired and BT wireless... that’s just my opinion.

Happy New Year!
koroshiya8 likes this.

Last edited by Anything_Whatever; 28-12-2019 at 11:11 AM..
Anything_Whatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2019, 03:00 AM   #5
Supremacy Member

Thank you for the update.

Considering the price, I think more worth to go with a good pair of replaceable wire IEM and FiiO UTWS1.... best option where you can have wired and BT wireless... that’s just my opinion.

Happy New Year!
Not true. I tried Bluetooth adapter options for my FitEar ciems but the sound quality really went down a lot. On the other hand my Sony wf 1000dm3 and Jaybird vista sounds very good. FiiO option is only for convenience. Sound wise Sony is definitely better
GotBetrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2019, 01:34 PM   #6

Wow! That’s a good buy!

SRP: $449
ConnectIT member: $429

i have some $40+ points , paid $383....
theaudioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2019, 03:03 PM   #7

Try first coz for me, Noise cancelation is excellent, and the sound quality on offer appears to be very good indeed – battery life could be better, though. These earbuds feel comfortable, and their lightweight build makes them suitable for commuters, although not everyone will appreciate the minimalist design.
karlgantry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2019, 08:16 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

Just a slight update:

The battery life pales badly to my previous sennheiser but this one has a processor and i guess all that NC working behind the scene will take up power as well.
Separately charging also takes quite long perhaps due to the same reason.

Other than that i'm enjoying the NC as i have used it now in real use case, in a busy hawker centre and also in a classroom full of people talking away... jitao cancel the noises from them
Old 31-12-2019, 01:20 AM   #9

Just a slight update:

The battery life pales badly to my previous sennheiser but this one has a processor and i guess all that NC working behind the scene will take up power as well.
Separately charging also takes quite long perhaps due to the same reason.

Other than that i'm enjoying the NC as i have used it now in real use case, in a busy hawker centre and also in a classroom full of people talking away... jitao cancel the noises from them
Wa 10 hours with NC on as stated from Sony website leh. 15 hours with NC off very good leh. My Wf 1000xm3 only 6 with nc on. But I remove the nc off and exchanged it with volume control haha wear to gym a jog and walkabouts ~
Toader is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.