HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Tidal Hifi or Spotify?

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2018, 08:09 PM   #16
Master Member

Red face

If go for tidal, must get the hi rez one then make sense?

How much is it?
Depends on how well your ears can hear the difference between the Premium and HiFi (Lossless audio) it kind of depends on the type of music you're listening to in order to be able to hear the difference.

For pricing.
If you're Singtel mobile customer, you can sign up thru them for S$15.90 per month on 12 months contract, or the Tidal Premium with first 2 months for $1 at singtelmusic.com

If you sign up online directly with Tidal, it's USD19.90 monthly, S$28.06 as of 30 Dec according to Visa, you can get a $0.99 fr 3 months trial direct from their site.
Old 31-12-2018, 12:19 PM   #17
High Supremacy Member

Depends on how well your ears can hear the difference between the Premium and HiFi (Lossless audio) it kind of depends on the type of music you're listening to in order to be able to hear the difference.

For pricing.
If you're Singtel mobile customer, you can sign up thru them for S$15.90 per month on 12 months contract, or the Tidal Premium with first 2 months for $1 at singtelmusic.com

If you sign up online directly with Tidal, it's USD19.90 monthly, S$28.06 as of 30 Dec according to Visa, you can get a $0.99 fr 3 months trial direct from their site.
The tidal account signed thru singtel is only on a 12 month contract and can't continue past 12 months assume I continue to use the same line keep the w/o contract running?

Can sign this app with non contract sim plans?
Shutterbox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2019, 11:29 PM   #18

tidal does not seem to have alot of songs leh.... like i search jay chou only afew songs and hard to find chinese songs they do not take in han yu pin yin as search. =(
demonqiyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 08:12 AM   #19
Master Member

TIDAL is mostly for English songs. They don't have a lot of Asian content.

Not a problem for me since I primarily listen to jazz
Cookee likes this.
Old 16-01-2019, 10:42 AM   #20

That why, hopefully some company come out with English, Chinese, Thai, Vietnam, Japanese, Korean songs that is Hi-Fi quality.
Cookee likes this.
Old 29-01-2019, 10:39 AM   #21
Master Member

Try Xiami, cheaper than Spotify, has lossless

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
thumbtacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 05:47 PM   #22
Supremacy Member

I have Spotify Premium simply because it has a wide selection of music in various genres, also mostly for when I'm out and about, music quality (that is Lossless) isn't a factor as I'm using just my LG G7+ with one of my IEM's (Jupiter, IE800, Parterre. Senfer 4in1).

Even on my desktop, Spotify Premium at High Quality streaming sounds decent enough on my various headphones + DAC stack/combos I have. Now listening to Phil Collins' 'Do You Remember' (2016 Remaster) and it sounds just fine on my Dharma D1000 + iFi Micro iDSD BL. Sometimes I use my desktop monitor (KRK Rokit5 G3) and I can't complain about SQ, given that there's just so many songs to choose from.
Gaminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:02 PM   #23

Lossless is one thing, but if you want the best audio exp must really get good speakers. If you got the money shell out for 2 Play 5s paired in stereo. Your ears will thank your wallet. Ever since I switched to sonos everything else sounds like crap. Also, there is more TIDAL japanese content coming also. Which is good news for me.
Hi, I am using B&O e8 IEM when am out and Audio Engine a5+, Sub S8 and D1 Dac with The Chord clearway RCA and The chord USB (almost all cables is changed to chord except RCA from active speaker to SUB)
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.