Toxic Cables - Are they dangerous to my ears?

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take your time bro.

Anyway, what u hoot again? Super curious...
was an unexpected buy. went ion to test the ie800 again. hopefully by now should be pretty well seasoned. duno if my ears playing tricks but I do seem to hear less obstrusive treble, although on the whole still considered a lot and probably just tipped over my threshold. on certain tracks it was okok already, but some tracks still unbearable. treble was so hiong that it came off as needle sharp and artificial. I still love the bass and mids. anyway, no more promo with the digizoid. was quite discouraged especially the price tag. asked about how many hours burn in already but the staff didn't know, so didn't have any reference with my first audition also.

tried the denon d7100 again after reading kenz's review. err... his meat is still my poison lol... everything is just off, way off.

tried the esw11ltd again. bass seems to have simmered. however I still don't really like the upper-mids emphasized signature.

finally... it just caught my attention as i'm sitting right in front of it. I tried the momentum again. somehow I began to like it. still have a bit of bass tilt (approaching my threshold), but the rest was very satisfying. $569 standalone, $718 or 9 bundle with audio technica at-ha21 amp and justmobile headphone stand. I have not heard it before and have no time to audition it there. if the ha21 was really portable, I might have gotten the bundle even without auditioning the amp. unfortunately it was quite big, didn't really like. so......

I hooted the momentum standalone. but.......... I didn't get it from stereo. :o

Last edited:

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was an unexpected buy. went ion to test the ie800 again. hopefully by now should be pretty well seasoned. duno if my ears playing tricks but I do seem to hear less obstrusive treble, although on the whole still considered a lot and probably just tipped over my threshold. on certain tracks it was okok already, but some tracks still unbearable. treble was so hiong that it came off as needle sharp and artificial. I still love the bass and mids. anyway, no more promo with the digizoid. was quite discouraged especially the price tag. asked about how many hours burn in already but the staff didn't know, so didn't have any reference with my first audition also.

tried the denon d7100 again after reading kenz's review. err... his meat is still my poison lol... everything is just off, way off.

tried the esw11ltd again. bass seems to have simmered. however I still don't really like the upper-mids emphasized signature. at $700+ I felt it was overpriced.

finally... it just caught my attention as i'm sitting right in front of it. I tried the momentum again. somehow I began to like it. still have a bit of bass tilt (approaching my threshold), but the rest was very satisfying. $569 standalone, $718 or 9 bundle with audio technical at-ha21 amp and justmobile headphone stand. if the ha21 was really portable, I might have gotten the bundle. unfortunately it was quite big, so didn't really like. moreover, I have not heard it before and have no time to audition it there. so......

I hooted the momentum standalone. but.......... I didn't get it from stereo. :o

Went to tried the ie800 too. Only like the bass apart from tt i think 8a is my cup of tea

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
I tried the IE800 and really love it. Love it loads.
Unfortunately, $1,139 is really really awfully steep.

The Dream Earz 7x is really looking more and more interesting.
Especially for a 7 driver customs at around USD 800 with shipping.

And oh, the last remaining piece of Scorpion has been snapped up.
The MO officially starts now.

Interested parties, please dun hesitate to contact me for demo sessions.

Rubick, this invitation is especially open to you.
I'm sure your 8A and 4A would love the demo.

:D

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried the IE800 and really love it. Love it loads.
Unfortunately, $1,139 is really really awfully steep.

The Dream Earz 7x is really looking more and more interesting.
Especially for a 7 driver customs at around USD 800 with shipping.

And oh, the last remaining piece of Scorpion has been snapped up.
The MO officially starts now.

Interested parties, please dun hesitate to contact me for demo sessions.

Rubick, this invitation is especially open to you.
I'm sure your 8A and 4A would love the demo.

:D
If u love the ie800 u will love the 8a even even more.
I think after hearing the 8a, the ie800 is not worth tt type of money. Just cant seems to justify it

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup just place order for it. So cant buy cable Lol

ah... once you hear them ... erm ... well, at least for me, Silver is DX100's good friend. :D

tried the esw11ltd again. bass seems to have simmered. however I still don't really like the upper-mids emphasized signature.

Hey weng, :)
it's an acquired taste i guess. :D
ps. i do enjoy m&m pizza and hot fries dipped in vanilla ice-cream (and yes, my frens call me nuts)

Tried the ESW11ltd also. the bass is there though seems tame. the upper mids signature seems in kinda like a milky veil off sorts. some probably like them, just didn't giggy with it. May try it again later to see how it seasons.:)

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
Went to tried the ie800 too. Only like the bass apart from tt i think 8a is my cup of tea

Think the ie800 need extra long seasoning. didn't enjoy the signature coming out of it. :(

The 8A was more like love at first listen. :D

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ah... once you hear them ... erm ... well, at least for me, Silver is DX100's good friend.
Hey weng, :)
it's an acquired taste i guess. :D
ps. i do enjoy m&m pizza and hot fries dipped in vanilla ice-cream (and yes, my frens call me nuts)

Tried the ESW11ltd also. the bass is there though seems tame. the upper mids signature seems in kinda like a milky veil off sorts. some probably like them, just didn't giggy with it. May try it again later to see how it seasons.:)

Bro kenz u also another poison. Think I gotta quit this forum soon. No more money to spend.
Btw u getting ak100?

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think the ie800 need extra long seasoning. didn't enjoy the signature coming out of it. :(

The 8A was more like love at first listen. :D
Not just first listen. I am still loving it much. Btw how come u sell it?

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro kenz u also another poison. Think I gotta quit this forum soon. No more money to spend.
Btw u getting ak100?

no la. after experiment on stock cables (mainly copper) with DX100, felt the silver kept the warmth nature of the DX100 to a level where it made the DX100 signature shine.

try and let us know when you have it ya. :)

erm... ak100... maybe... just burned a hole with something made with echizen lacquer...

Not just first listen. I am still loving it much. Btw how come u sell it?

Already have JH 13pro. Considering the source changes more often, kept the 13pro since it's more flexible (ie. neutral) with sources. Still do miss the 8A. :(

Last edited:

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no la. after experiment on stock cables (mainly copper) with DX100, felt the silver kept the warmth nature of the DX100 to a level where it made the DX100 signature shine.

try and let us know when you have it ya. :)

Already have JH 13pro. Considering the source changes more often, kept the 13pro since it's more flexible (ie. neutral) with sources. Still do miss the 8A. :(

The new jh13pro seems much better from review.
Think after getting dx100, will stick to my magnus1 cable. Cannot hoot things liao. Later gf hoot me lol

racoiaw

Reaction score
The new jh13pro seems much better from review.
Think after getting dx100, will stick to my magnus1 cable. Cannot hoot things liao. Later gf hoot me lol

time to change status and hoot more gear liao.

actually me jin jelly=:p=:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.