V-Moda :) is anyone here a fan

Bestsupps

Master Member
Reaction score
hello!
Audio newbie here.
I saw a facebook advert on this brand looks very cool and nice design and they claim very durable with japan system sounds.

does any use this headphones brand? i am interested in their new release "Crossfade 2 WITH CODEX". Is this one worth it? i can use for spotify and PC gaming.

They have a warranty plan called "Immortal life" plan that covers warranty world wide does this mean they have an office here so i can send in for repair if necessary.

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
interesting

but it seems... is just an upgrade plan... when your v-moda is out of warranty

https://v-moda.com/pages/immortal-life

as usual... headphone dont last forever

cables will break... pads worn out

the frame is well made, so frame probably wouldnt break

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While I like the sound of the V-Moda M100 I had a while back, I can't say I'd been impressed by the build quality....specifically, the material used. The headband padding started to flake and peel much to my chagrin, one does not expect this to happen on a headphone of that quality. Maybe it's our tropical weather but still, quite annoying and disappointing to see that happening to an otherwise fun sounding can. Much like the headband padding on my PSB M4U2 which had turned all sticking.....I hate these rubberized material used!

musicdreamer

Reaction score
A friend of mine who had a vmoda told me SG distributor "Immortal life" plan not valid in SG wor..End up he dump and change to Audio Technica.

archyng

Reaction score
ask yr frd to send an email to the local distributor to discuss abt this issue in black and white. he reject. then send an email to v moda usa request for clarification and if possible direct purchase using the immortal life plan.

my vmoda wireless crossfade 2 rose gold 3.5mm input cracked during warranty maybe it dropped or what i didnt know as i was using it with their vmoda boom pro mic. local distributor cant fix it and i request for his consent to directly deal with vmoda usa. i went ahead and vmoda usa actually provide me a 1 for 1 exchange. during the downtime i got myself a sonh wh1000mx2 now the brand new set is still in the box after months LOL.

A friend of mine who had a vmoda told me SG distributor "Immortal life" plan not valid in SG wor..End up he dump and change to Audio Technica.

Bestsupps

Master Member
Reaction score
ask yr frd to send an email to the local distributor to discuss abt this issue in black and white. he reject. then send an email to v moda usa request for clarification and if possible direct purchase using the immortal life plan.

my vmoda wireless crossfade 2 rose gold 3.5mm input cracked during warranty maybe it dropped or what i didnt know as i was using it with their vmoda boom pro mic. local distributor cant fix it and i request for his consent to directly deal with vmoda usa. i went ahead and vmoda usa actually provide me a 1 for 1 exchange. during the downtime i got myself a sonh wh1000mx2 now the brand new set is still in the box after months LOL.

hi so meaning you are happier with the sony 1000xm2? that is one of my considerations, but im prioritising the new codex edition....... (which is really dam costly tho :( )

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello!
Audio newbie here.
I saw a facebook advert on this brand looks very cool and nice design and they claim very durable with japan system sounds.

does any use this headphones brand? i am interested in their new release "Crossfade 2 WITH CODEX". Is this one worth it? i can use for spotify and PC gaming.

They have a warranty plan called "Immortal life" plan that covers warranty world wide does this mean they have an office here so i can send in for repair if necessary.

Not much of a fan but a V-80 user here. The new "Codex" looks interesting but is it really CD quality (average 1000kbps+)?

musicsg_com

Reaction score
Not much of a fan but a V-80 user here. The new "Codex" looks interesting but is it really CD quality (average 1000kbps+)?

The Codex version is only adding AAC support. If you are not using iOS, then you can just get the older Crossfade 2 gold version which already comes with aptX.

I reviewed both the Crossfade wireless Gen 1 and Gen 2, they sound great, just that the earcups are a little cosy.

V-MODA_Crossfade2_Wireless_8.jpg

It is generally easy to assume that the new Crossfade 2 Wireless is better. It has to be, but interestingly, I tend to prefer the first Crossfade Wireless. Analytically-speaking, the Crossfade 2 has better instrumental separation, tighter bass, clearer highs. As a result, music sounds less in-your-face, more detailed, instruments less crowded, bass less overpowering. Vocals sound more recessed, sound staging a little more spacious.

The original Crossfade Wireless is more forward-sounding, more powerful. Sound staging is closer, vocals are clearer, bass appear louder, highs are less articulate.

I spent a fair bit of time deciding which sound I prefer. I like the improved highs of the new Crossfade 2, but I prefer the musical impact of the old Crossfade.

https://musicphotolife.com/2017/10/v-moda-crossfade-2-wireless-review/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.