HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

want to replace my headphone cable with one that has 3.5mm

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2020, 10:54 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

want to replace my headphone cable with one that has 3.5mm

i would like to replace my long stock headphone cable which is 2 x 3.5mm (headphone end)-> 6.35mm (1/4")

I want a shorter cable which ends with a 3.5mm connector so i don't have to use adaptor. when I go to lazada i can see a few sellers probably China sellers and unknown brands like "audiocrast", "leory", "8cores".

Any guidance on reputable sellers I can buy from, whether online or from SG?
limster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:43 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

To close the loop, I went to Lazada to buy an unknown brand 4.4mm -> 2 x 3.5mm cable (as my Fiio can take both 3.5mm and 4.4mm) for $69 since the stock cable is really bulky and that 1/4" connector super inconvenient. I just hoped the high seller rating meant that I won't get some dud product.

the cable I got didn't exactly match the photo. geometry was correct but 2 of the 4 leads seemed to be silver-plated OFC rather than OFC as shown in the photo. Fortunately my Elear treble is quite smooth so I'm satisfied with the performance so far compared to the stock cable.
limster is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.