HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Like Tree464Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2018, 07:15 AM   #136

I haven't tried the jabra elites. I tried the jabra run, the Apollo 7s, soul ST-XS, air by crazybaby. So far the E8 and the Apollo 7s stand out for me. The E8s were more to my liking and cheaper than the Apollo 7s. The E8 clarity and comfort was the main factor I chose the E8s.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
chanbri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:50 AM   #137

when connecting E8, does yours autoconnect to your phone when you power it up?

Mine seems I power on the right bud then I take the left and right and press both for like 1-2 seconds till the right ear shows blue light. Then I go to my phone and open Bluetooth then click on E8. Then it will link to my phone.

Been doing this as this was what the sales guy taught me.

Are you doing it differently?
This is my only issue that my phone doesn't automatically link to my E8 when I switch the E8 on. I never off my phone Bluetooth. I'm using a Note8 btw.

Not sure which shop taught you this. For me. I will take out from charging case. Position on my ear and tap the right earbud. It will connect to my phone. Tap again, it will play my last played song. This i tried on 3 phones and all have the same behavior so i think is pairing step wrong.

Ok. try this if you have problem.

1. Delete phone BT E8 pairing and off phone Bluetooth.
2. take out E8 from case and press right earbud 1 time to switch on. (white light)
3. Press both earbuds together until it turns red. (hard reset)
4. Put back in case
5. Take out and keep them close 10cm and press right 1 time. wait for white light.
6. Press both for about 5 sec and you will see blue light.
7. On phone Bluetooth and search for E8
8. Pair and wait and it should have the profile.
9. Load the beoplay apps and insert the E8.

Done. it should auto connect once you take out from case and press right earbud.

Something i found out is you may need to do the step above a few times before it will auto connect. No harm trying.

Let me know if that works.
musicsg_com likes this.
Gadgetfreakloh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:00 AM   #138

I haven't tried the jabra elites. I tried the jabra run, the Apollo 7s, soul ST-XS, air by crazybaby. So far the E8 and the Apollo 7s stand out for me. The E8s were more to my liking and cheaper than the Apollo 7s. The E8 clarity and comfort was the main factor I chose the E8s.

I have tried E8, Apollo 7, Bragi dash, Sol amp air, Icon X, Sony WF-1000x, Earin M1. I have a shipped and yet to receive Crazybaby nano.

So far i can say that E8 has the best sound quality. Infact they are very comparable to a $200 pair of wired earphone. Only drawback is sound skipping when in open spaces. This are very common on some truly wireless earbuds due to Bluetooth signal non reflection.

The best connection without sound skipping and very powerful bass is from Sol Amp air. So far i have NEVER encounter any sound skipping from this set. Just a advise for anyone who want the best and reliable connection.
fireduke86 and musicsg_com like this.

Last edited by Gadgetfreakloh; 04-01-2018 at 10:27 AM..
Old 04-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #139

Am using Jaybird Run... love it except that left ear occasionally will drop connection. The sound quality and isolation is good
What phone are you using? I have a review unit and have tested with all my phones and none of them can deliver clean audio. I rank it one of the poorest audio quality TWE. Design-wise, not very fantastic too. But granted, the price is reasonable.
musicsg_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:50 AM   #140

Not sure which shop taught you this. For me. I will take out from charging case. Position on my ear and tap the right earbud. It will connect to my phone. Tap again, it will play my last played song. This i tried on 3 phones and all have the same behavior so i think is pairing step wrong.

Ok. try this if you have problem.

1. Delete phone BT E8 pairing and off phone Bluetooth.
2. take out E8 from case and press right earbud 1 time to switch on. (white light)
3. Press both earbuds together until it turns red. (hard reset)
4. Put back in case
5. Take out and keep them close 10cm and press right 1 time. wait for white light.
6. Press both for about 5 sec and you will see blue light.
7. On phone Bluetooth and search for E8
8. Pair and wait and it should have the profile.
9. Load the beoplay apps and insert the E8.

Done. it should auto connect once you take out from case and press right earbud.

Something i found out is you may need to do the step above a few times before it will auto connect. No harm trying.

Let me know if that works.
When testing my review unit, it also does not auto-reconnect. I have returned the unit back so I cannot retest this process. But for sure the above is the proper way to pair E8 to a new device, i.e. pair using Bluetooth settings before loading Beoplay app.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:54 AM   #141

This is also my conclusion after testing a handful of TWE. E8 and Apollo 7 offers extraordinary treble clarity. Between the 2, the Apollo 7 is clearer and more pronounced sub-bass, while E8 is slightly tamer and I feel more comfortable listen. Between the 2, I would also choose E8 for its design and more functions, although Apollo 7 supports aptx which produces better wireless audio.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:12 PM   #142

I have tried E8, Apollo 7, Bragi dash, Sol amp air, Icon X, Sony WF-1000x, Earin M1. I have a shipped and yet to receive Crazybaby nano.

So far i can say that E8 has the best sound quality. Infact they are very comparable to a $200 pair of wired earphone. Only drawback is sound skipping when in open spaces. This are very common on some truly wireless earbuds due to Bluetooth signal non reflection.

The best connection without sound skipping and very powerful bass is from Sol Amp air. So far i have NEVER encounter any sound skipping from this set. Just a advise for anyone who want the best and reliable connection.
Hmm.. how does iconx compares to the rest? Are they any good?

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT
earthtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:30 PM   #143

Bragi Dash Pro delivered to me last week. Till today, have done 2 updates. Connection is good, no drops encountered and very comfy in the ears. Plus points is can bring to the showers and the additional 4GB storage.
Got bragi the dash pro too, distributor is no longer lrt.

My set Bluetooth is good indoor however outdoor while walking audio stutter when phone is in the left & back pocket. No problem with right pocket. End up I still have to put the aluminum foil to try enhance the Bluetooth signal . So for people thinking of buying bragi, beware ~
sugarcane88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:06 PM   #144

My set Bluetooth is good indoor however outdoor while walking audio stutter when phone is in the left & back pocket. No problem with right pocket. End up I still have to put the aluminum foil to try enhance the Bluetooth signal . So for people thinking of buying bragi, beware ~
This is very common with true wireless earbuds as the antenna is very small. I remember using laser to cut the aluminum stickers for my bragi dash too.

I thought bragi has already solved the BT issue with the right earbud for the pro. Looks like is slight improvement only due to insufficient space for bigger antenna.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:09 PM   #145
Master Member

No issues for mine~
mudxblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:09 PM   #146

Hmm.. how does iconx compares to the rest? Are they any good?

Not sure on the 2018 icon x. My first gen icon x has very short battery life but connection is good. Sound is normal. However my ears hurts quite badly when I use them.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:19 PM   #147
Honorary Member

Not sure on the 2018 icon x. My first gen icon x has very short battery life but connection is good. Sound is normal. However my ears hurts quite badly when I use them.
Looks like the pressure on the ears are the same for the first gen and 2018 version.
FappingKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:19 PM   #148

I went Samsung experience shop to see if I can try a set. The sales person tell me that there is no demo. Casually I just asked her why? how do people decide to buy if there is no demo. She replied:" everyone who buy knows the function so no need try." -.-

earthtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:07 PM   #149

No not true. I am running the latest update. No issue at all. Infact i actually taught one of the Stereo guy on how to pair the E8. Hope they got it right.

Video playing lag is very very minimum. Infact this is one of the best i have tested for video lag.
How did you update yr E8?
Xrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:36 PM   #150

How did you update yr E8?
Not sure what you meant. The beoplay apps will prompt if there is any update.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.