HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Like Tree447Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #151

Looks like the pressure on the ears are the same for the first gen and 2018 version.
I have the Iconx 2018. Initially I thought the default medium size fins suits my ear beteer but it hurts after prolong listening (2 hrs of running), then I switch to the smallest fins and it fits perfectly.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:35 PM   #152
Honorary Member

I have the Iconx 2018. Initially I thought the default medium size fins suits my ear beteer but it hurts after prolong listening (2 hrs of running), then I switch to the smallest fins and it fits perfectly.
I think it really depends on the size and shape of the ears. The default medium size can't even get into my ear, I changed to the small one and it will hurt after prolong usage.

Too bad Samsung don't let people try these things out at their experience stores
FappingKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:53 PM   #153

I think it really depends on the size and shape of the ears. The default medium size can't even get into my ear, I changed to the small one and it will hurt after prolong usage.

Too bad Samsung don't let people try these things out at their experience stores

Try the comply TW. I have good result from them. Also can try spin fit.
Gadgetfreakloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:01 PM   #154

iPhone 7 Plus... it was unstable with the old firmware... after the latest firmware upgrade, the Bluetooth connection was much better... not much drop connection... the only thing tt I dislike now is it does not sync when watching movies.

What phone are you using? I have a review unit and have tested with all my phones and none of them can deliver clean audio. I rank it one of the poorest audio quality TWE. Design-wise, not very fantastic too. But granted, the price is reasonable.

Authorized Agent of Mageline. Beauty without Make UP!

https://www.magelineinternational.com

If You never try, You will never know... Always do your best...

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6766218404.png
blurpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:08 PM   #155
Honorary Member

Try the comply TW. I have good result from them. Also can try spin fit.
Hmm it's the wingtip part cause it's there to prevent the earbud from falling out of the ears.

The wingtip sort of exert too much pressure.
FappingKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:15 PM   #156

Hmm it's the wingtip part cause it's there to prevent the earbud from falling out of the ears.

The wingtip sort of exert too much pressure.
For my icon x. I trimmed off the wingtip.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:59 PM   #157
Master Member

Was searching in youtube for wireless earbuds options, with the established brands like Jaybird Run, Sony Wf1000x, B&O E8 etc. All these are over SGD$200 sia....

Wanna upgrade from my Jaybird Bluebuds X, coz wire already exposed and also turned sticky...

Then somehow chance upon this video

Since it's only USD$19, ie ~SGD$30, went ahead to hoot one.

Man, am I surprised by the SQ....Bass is actually more powerful than the Jaybird Bluebuds X, though mids are not as good, but still decent enough for those bass-heavy or EDM kinda music.

The cons is occasional drop-out from one earbud, but not very common, and understand this can also happen on those >$200 ones too.

Really impress with the price-to-performance value of this earbuds.
FuNKySoULyBrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:50 PM   #158

Was searching in youtube for wireless earbuds options, with the established brands like Jaybird Run, Sony Wf1000x, B&O E8 etc. All these are over SGD$200 sia....

Wanna upgrade from my Jaybird Bluebuds X, coz wire already exposed and also turned sticky...

Man, am I surprised by the SQ....Bass is actually more powerful than the Jaybird Bluebuds X, though mids are not as good, but still decent enough for those bass-heavy or EDM kinda music.

The cons is occasional drop-out from one earbud, but not very common, and understand this can also happen on those >$200 ones too.

Hmm does it have volume control?

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT
earthtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:09 AM   #159
Master Member

Hmm does it have volume control?

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT
Nope, gotta control from source, ie phone.
FuNKySoULyBrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:27 AM   #160

I have tried the lower range too and most of them have right and left sync issue. Volune unequal on both side are quite common. More on how lucky you are getting a good set. The more expensive do have better quality control, better materials, specs, finishing , design , sound quality....etc. Basically is a chicken and egg thing.

One thing is for sure. Alot of manufacturer still cannot get the connection to work 100%.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:46 AM   #161

ERL Wireless Earbuds

Anyone has experience using the ERL wireless earbuds? Going at US$49 with free shipping.

Think it was mentioned in one of the HWZ articles previously.
creator88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #162

Anyone has experience using the ERL wireless earbuds? Going at US$49 with free shipping.

Think it was mentioned in one of the HWZ articles previously.
They are not even shipped. Think is from Jan 18. Just a side note. I got the Crazy baby nano from indiegogo on Nov 16. They promised to ship by Nov end. Until now I have not receive them. So unless you can wait. Or else stay far far.
discoburg likes this.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #163

Here I would like to share with you 2 local brand TWE. Local warranty, local shops carry them, you can test them, and you support local brands.

GTA Insight: nice design, mids-centric sound quality, short battery life, but charging case can charge more than 10 times. Retail price below S$200. I wear them for runs, no problem.

Alpha & Delta JAAP: Kickstarter, 5-hour battery life, unique dual-charging cable. Bass-heavy, generous accessories and earbuds. Retail price below S$100. It looks massive and not so pretty, but it's the most secure, and you can loosen the earbuds once a while without removing the unit from the ears.

But personally, I will still go for Jabra Sport Elite if I am serious in enjoying good music and stat tracking for my runs. I mean, you don't buy cheap shoes if you are really into running ya?

For non-runners, I recommend Beoplay E8 or Erato Apollo 7, excellent audio clarity and sound considering they are true wireless. But, being true wireless, there will be occasional connection issues and battery charging hassle.
musicsg_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:35 PM   #164

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?sp...919063:6536025

Isn't this the same as ERL? They take the OEM brand and rebrand it?

Look at the actual real life pictures.

Apparently they are also the same one who made the X2T

Last edited by earthtk; 06-01-2018 at 12:48 PM..
earthtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:53 PM   #165

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?sp...919063:6536025

Isn't this the same as ERL? They take the OEM brand and rebrand it?

Look at the actual real life pictures.

Apparently they are also the same one who made the X2T

Must be careful when getting from Kickstarter. I got conned from the Kanoa Kickstarter. They just take your money and delay the shipping until they run away.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.