Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw a YouTube review on the e8 vs Galaxy buds. The e8 has a little lag on pubg. The Galaxy buds lag alot. But still wanting to see Galaxy buds on Scalable codec, if it has better latency. The reviewer wasn't using a Samsung phone.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Interesting, my Galaxy buds doesn't lag when watching videos, I'm using Pixel 3.

Cheese Steak

Reaction score
Saw a YouTube review on the e8 vs Galaxy buds. The e8 has a little lag on pubg. The Galaxy buds lag alot. But still wanting to see Galaxy buds on Scalable codec, if it has better latency. The reviewer wasn't using a Samsung phone.

When we look at True wireless, i believe that looking at gaming latency is a bit too far off. Be glad that there is no lag when streaming videos. Most of the wireless earbuds cant handle youtube let alone gaming. The airpods should be the best in gaming performance, but comes at the cost of sq.

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What phone the reviewer use then??

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually why would there be a difference be it streaming music off youtube on mobile or playing mobile games?

I dont play games on my mobile so cant test. But using pixel 2 xl for music and occasional youtube. No audio lag noticed when streaming from youtube.

thumbtacked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually why would there be a difference be it streaming music off youtube on mobile or playing mobile games?

I dont play games on my mobile so cant test. But using pixel 2 xl for music and occasional youtube. No audio lag noticed when streaming from youtube.
I game on my phone.

Or rather I just want the best ones that can do everything. I watch only a little YouTube. But for the times that I do, I don't want to experience the lag and then have to think about buying something else haha.

If you see the e8 from that comparison video, in YouTube the lag is really really minimal and can be said to have very little to no impact on video watching. Plus you can adjust audio delay if need be.

Look at the pubg test. Gun shot sound lags the visual pretty noticeably. And that will make a difference if you're listening for footsteps, for example. The enemy would've appeared before u can hear him coming.

thumbtacked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When we look at True wireless, i believe that looking at gaming latency is a bit too far off. Be glad that there is no lag when streaming videos. Most of the wireless earbuds cant handle youtube let alone gaming. The airpods should be the best in gaming performance, but comes at the cost of sq.
I know it's not possible for lagless gaming on TW now. Just looking for the ones that come closest.

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I game on my phone.

Or rather I just want the best ones that can do everything. I watch only a little YouTube. But for the times that I do, I don't want to experience the lag and then have to think about buying something else haha.

If you see the e8 from that comparison video, in YouTube the lag is really really minimal and can be said to have very little to no impact on video watching. Plus you can adjust audio delay if need be.

Look at the pubg test. Gun shot sound lags the visual pretty noticeably. And that will make a difference if you're listening for footsteps, for example. The enemy would've appeared before u can hear him coming.

No offence bro. I assume you watched the video, you could've also just told us what smartphone he used instead of making me watch.

I had to watch for 6minutes 10seconds into the video then that fella mention his smartphone. I heard "oppo r17 pro" which I then googled and could only find either oppo r17 or oppo rx17 pro. I stopped watching and shall just conclude that youtuber reviewer isnt worth my time anymore.

Just my two cents :o

uplorry

Suspended
Reaction score
This latency thing differs from model to model for both the wireless earphones and device types. It's just hard to recommend based on personal experience.

Even 2 pairs of the same model NT01AX MT3 can cut off at different distances when paired to the same laptop. And one has better connection and less drop out than the other.

Last edited:

thumbtacked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No offence bro. I assume you watched the video, you could've also just told us what smartphone he used instead of making me watch.

I had to watch for 6minutes 10seconds into the video then that fella mention his smartphone. I heard "oppo r17 pro" which I then googled and could only find either oppo r17 or oppo rx17 pro. I stopped watching and shall just conclude that youtuber reviewer isnt worth my time anymore.

Just my two cents :o
Actually.. I forgot :(

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
I game on my phone.

Try Earin M2. Pretty lag free.

ahkok

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the new Redmi Airdots?
It's a re-release of the Xiaomi Airdots, but in black and under a cheaper branding.
Only $37.70, very tempting but a lot of the cheap China branded earbuds I tried have bad connections, audio cutting off in one ear (usually left).
Wonder if these will have the connection problems too.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/AUhJwFq

audioenslave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im using shure bluetooth rmce-bt2 coupled with my shure 846.
sq checked, eight hours playback on one charge checked, lag free youtube n gaming playback checked, 15mins charge to get 2 hrs playback checked.

its the next best alternative without carrying a charging case and still being able to use my iem. the only con is the price.

Last edited:

Cheese Steak

Reaction score
im using shure bluetooth rmce-bt2 coupled with my shure 846.
sq checked, eight hours playback on one charge checked, lag free youtube n gaming playback checked, 15mins charge to get 2 hrs playback checked.

its the next best alternative without carrying a charging case and still being able to use my iem. the only con is the price.

Used to want to go this route, but I prefer using true wireless for times I’m w/o a bag or at the gym. I use my wired ls200is when I’m at the desk or commuting with a bag.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
X-mini™ LIBERTY vs xiaomi airdots
which one is gd?
Bro u want to sub my liberty? U take go play first, see like or not then say bah. Tried a few such lower price end wirless earbuds, give up. The left right can never stay connected prolong wan. So I am using Creative Outlier one plus, have wire yes but also Bluetooth lah and so far no issues with connection. Silly though, the left right should not have issue for One plus, if have is ought to be slapped le... Haha

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.