HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Like Tree189Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #1876

Got the Audio Technica ATH-CKR7TW for around $250 from Stereo.

Good deal using discount coupons from Q0100.

Great soundstage.
Excellent for pop or mainstream music.
Not so detail as Seinnheiser true wireless. Acoustic.
Loud, some wireless buds volume are very soft.
AptX. I feel it is a must for any wireless buds.

If you are using this for YouTube. You will be disappointed.
Latency is obvious. (Voice and video don't synch well).
Some phones auto corrects this issue. Samsung etc.
Please test in stores first if YouTube is essential to you.
I have other wired Bluetooth senn cx 7.0bt for that.

I use Sony DAP.
tugboatsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 12:23 PM   #1877
High Supremacy Member

Got the Audio Technica ATH-CKR7TW for around $250 from Stereo.

Good deal using discount coupons from Q0100.

Great soundstage.
Excellent for pop or mainstream music.
Not so detail as Seinnheiser true wireless. Acoustic.
Loud, some wireless buds volume are very soft.
AptX. I feel it is a must for any wireless buds.

If you are using this for YouTube. You will be disappointed.
Latency is obvious. (Voice and video don't synch well).
Some phones auto corrects this issue. Samsung etc.
Please test in stores first if YouTube is essential to you.
I have other wired Bluetooth senn cx 7.0bt for that.

I use Sony DAP.
Just curious, the DAC is done after the signal is passed via Bluetooth right? It is done at the earbud right? In that case, why use a Sony DAP?

Or is there something I'm missing out.

Sent from Don't Be Afraid To Fart While You Urinate, There Is No Rain Without Thunder using GAGT
PiPiChew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 01:19 PM   #1878

If you are on a tight budget maybe try Aukey EP-T1. I personally feel that the bass isn't that bad. Battery performance a little disappointed.
recruiterpalsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 03:39 PM   #1879

Just curious, the DAC is done after the signal is passed via Bluetooth right? It is done at the earbud right? In that case, why use a Sony DAP?

Or is there something I'm missing out.

Sent from Don't Be Afraid To Fart While You Urinate, There Is No Rain Without Thunder using GAGT
Using DAP is just my preference.

For Bluetooth buds...the codec plays the most important role.
Sbc codec from my dap will sound worse than AptX codec.

Think the seperate dac provided may have improve static interference??
So far, Have not encounter same interference as previous Senn wired Bluetooth.
tugboatsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 09:50 AM   #1880
Arch-Supremacy Member

Btw, for those with MTWs, does your case discharge quite fast? Sometimes I found that my case just go flat without 10+ hours of usage

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6010 using GAGT
moozmoow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 10:29 AM   #1881
Master Member

Btw, for those with MTWs, does your case discharge quite fast? Sometimes I found that my case just go flat without 10+ hours of usage

mine seem okay, but i'm not a heavy (daily) user so maybe I don't realise the discharge.

but there was once, the buds turned on themselves (and played music) while in the case... till today I dunno how or why it happened :\
maumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 01:12 PM   #1882

anyone owns the xoundpods can confirm the following:

1. if used for calls, with both pods connected, need to take out one to speak into as mic?
i think the pickup pattern kinda sucks.

2. above situation, speak through phone mic still works?
f4ll3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 01:18 PM   #1883

anyone owns the xoundpods can confirm the following:

1. if used for calls, with both pods connected, need to take out one to speak into as mic?
i think the pickup pattern kinda sucks.

2. above situation, speak through phone mic still works?
I don't have to take one out to use as a Mic but yes, the pickup pattern sucks. People usually can't hear me and even if I take out one side it sounds horrible still.

As for the phone mic, it depends on what phone. The iPhone doesn't let you select the mic independently but I believe some Android phones can.
dawo5010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 02:52 PM   #1884

hmm another friend and i tried. taking out one piece as mic to speak into works better..
otherwise i'll end up talking too loudly.

anyway, seems like battery life on a single charge isnt great either; 2h-ish on 60% laptop volume
f4ll3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 10:10 PM   #1885
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, would like to ask, if I am using a true wireless Bluetooth earbud, such as Beoplay E8, assuming I'm using the file format mp3 320kbps, will there be a noticeable sound quality between a DAP vs a phone say Samsung Note 9?

For an IEM I know there will be as there is less noise etc in a dedicated DAP with no interference etc.

But for Bluetooth my understanding is the Codec used such as LDAC Aptx etc is a major factor. Since the signal is already passed through the Bluetooth, the DAC quality inside a phone or a DAP should not affect the sound quality right? Inteference from other components inside a Samsung Note 9 should not have any effect right?

So if I have a Beoplay E8, is it still worth it to invest in a DAP?

The sound quality will be mainly restricted by the codec. For example, SBC is easily the worse, with much lower bitrate. AptX is ideally the best if you are not going using iphone, due to the largely AptX-capable smartphones in the market. There's the Sony one, bit from what I heard, the codec is limited to Sony's smartphones and DAPs.

The DAC is unable to affect the sound quality too much due to the restrictive bitrate of bluetooth connections, so if you do not have a DAP in the first place and is living life fine, there is no reason why you need one specifically for your TWEs. DAPs are more suitable for fully-wired IEMs and headphones.

There's a reason why I still don't match my SenM3 to my DAP, that's because my DAP is reserved for my wired CIEM, which wired-combination is able to bring out both DAP and CIEM's potiential. My SenM3 is mainly used for my smartphone, watching videos mostly.
Shdwfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 10:12 PM   #1886
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nope, mine doesn't seem to drain that badly. Faulty battery in the case?
Old 23-01-2019, 09:24 AM   #1887

How has the mileage been for you thus far, any complains or second thoughts on the senTWE?

Nope, mine doesn't seem to drain that badly. Faulty battery in the case?
Old 23-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #1888
Arch-Supremacy Member

How has the mileage been for you thus far, any complains or second thoughts on the senTWE?
Daily communting trips back and fore, about half hour of videos each. Additional random usage, an hour plus or so each time (sometimes playing music when deskbounded). I charge the case every two or three days.

The SenM3 only problem is it doesn't really secure into your ears with those wingtips like Jabra, Sony, Bose, or even ATH. It sits nicely into your ears, doesn't loosen easily, good sealing with stock tips, but it WILL come out if you jerk or bump your head or body hard enough. That's because it doesn't have those securing wingtips, so it is no suitable for active sports usage. Normal usage it fits and sits fine.
Old 23-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #1889

I got my Funcl AI this week,

Ordered on 30th Dec, 2018 and got on 21st Jan, 2019

I have to say, its really great for the price I paid for [$49+$5 (shipping)=$54], it supports APTX.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/f...s/x/19990191#/
sajokj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 04:05 PM   #1890

Sennheiser M3. No brainer. Tighter budget, CKR7TW. 65T sounds terrible, SP700N has unreliable connections.

Man I'm still debating between M3 and CKR7... I like bass.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.