HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Like Tree488Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2019, 04:55 PM   #2266

You can consider the Samsung Galaxy buds too. They are a bit cheaper than the Nuarl and mavin. I like the sound quality and features of the Galaxy buds out of the rest, but too bad cannot try.
Interesting, how does it stand out from the rest though? Do they come with AptX HD? Because im planning to change my phone soon (due for recontract) and im not sure if im going with another samsung device (Mate X is sexy AF, while S10 doesnt support AptX HD from what i read). Thanks.
BlackRozeInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 05:39 PM   #2267
Great Supremacy Member

Interesting, how does it stand out from the rest though? Do they come with AptX HD? Because im planning to change my phone soon (due for recontract) and im not sure if im going with another samsung device (Mate X is sexy AF, while S10 doesnt support AptX HD from what i read). Thanks.
I like the Samsung Galaxy buds for it's mature sound tuning (i.e. no boomy flabby bass, no tinny treble, no muddy mids). It supports bluetooth AAC, and if used with a Samsung phone it also uses the proprietary Samsung scaleable codec. Don't worry about the aptx support, it is also a lossy codec like AAC, and some say AAC is even better than aptx. Aptx HD isn't common on most phones and bluetooth buds now, maybe it requires a much higher bandwidth than standard aptx. Maybe LDAC will become more popular first instead.

Last edited by DigDub; 29-03-2019 at 05:45 PM..
DigDub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 05:45 PM   #2268

I like the Samsung Galaxy buds for it's mature sound tuning (i.e. no boomy flabby bass, no tinny treble, no muddy mids). It supports bluetooth AAC, and if used with a Samsung phone it also uses the proprietary Samsung scaleable codec. Don't worry about the aptx support, it is also a lossy codec like AAC, and some say AAC is even better than aptx.
Cool thanks mate. Ill check out other reviews on it. In the mean time, i'll head down to stereo before making a decision.
Old 29-03-2019, 07:30 PM   #2269

If I not wrong true wireless now still no aptx hd. Momentum tw do have aptx LL.
Gadgetfreakloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 07:55 PM   #2270
Master Member

I like the Samsung Galaxy buds for it's mature sound tuning (i.e. no boomy flabby bass, no tinny treble, no muddy mids). It supports bluetooth AAC, and if used with a Samsung phone it also uses the proprietary Samsung scaleable codec. Don't worry about the aptx support, it is also a lossy codec like AAC, and some say AAC is even better than aptx. Aptx HD isn't common on most phones and bluetooth buds now, maybe it requires a much higher bandwidth than standard aptx. Maybe LDAC will become more popular first instead.
I actually think aptx hd would be better received, since it's from Qualcomm

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
thumbtacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 07:56 PM   #2271
Great Supremacy Member

You can consider the Samsung Galaxy buds too. They are a bit cheaper than the Nuarl and mavin. I like the sound quality and features of the Galaxy buds out of the rest, but too bad cannot try.
where can try the samsung one?
s-ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 08:17 PM   #2272
Great Supremacy Member

I actually think aptx hd would be better received, since it's from Qualcomm

LDAC is inside Android 8 liao. Aptx HD still not so common yet. Anyways I think aptx or aac good enough for streaming audio liao given current battery limitations.
Old 29-03-2019, 08:18 PM   #2273
Great Supremacy Member

where can try the samsung one?
Maybe Samsung stores will allow trying?
Old 29-03-2019, 08:28 PM   #2274
Great Supremacy Member

Maybe Samsung stores will allow trying?
shall check it out
s-ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 08:50 PM   #2275

If I not wrong true wireless now still no aptx hd. Momentum tw do have aptx LL.
If not mistaken the Nuarls NT01AX has AptX HD. Thats why im considering it.
Also Huawei already has AptX HD capability. Along with a few other major brands. Its strange why samsing hasnt adopted it eventhough it already has AptX..
Old 29-03-2019, 09:26 PM   #2276

Also Huawei already has AptX HD capability. Along with a few other major brands. Its strange why samsing hasnt adopted it eventhough it already has AptX..
Not sure if there is aptx hd. Only mentioned aptx. If got will be very interested. Good price. I looking at MTW. Only concern is the fitting. Currently using earin m2. Excellent fit but sound is also neutral.
Gadgetfreakloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2019, 08:06 AM   #2277
Master Member

Iirc only aptx.

thumbtacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2019, 12:18 PM   #2278
Honorary Member

I am using the Jabra elite 65t for about 5 months now. So far very good and reliable compared to my crazybaby nano, which I have dumped it after one week of using.
does it holds well during running?
Old 30-03-2019, 12:21 PM   #2279
Honorary Member

Another hoot.

u use it while cycling?
Old 30-03-2019, 12:23 PM   #2280
Honorary Member

Lol all waiting for review when itís easier to go stereo and try yourself
someday will pop in and try
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.