HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Like Tree642Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2019, 10:12 AM   #2311

Oh I see
What were the other budget options available
Personally I'm not sure as I only looked at the Nuarl NT01L, but Stereo has a few options.. You can look them up on their site..

Hello, need some recommendations...

My Bose soundsport ( not fully wireless ) is giving me battery problem. I tried AirPod v2 but I do not like the sound quality. The Bose Free seem to have a lot of connectivity issues, so I need so some recommendations for for a good sound quality pair but budget ard $200+. Pairing with iPhone and iPad.
Thanks in advance.
For sub-250 SGD, you can go for Nuarl and Jabra. I've also heard good things about the Creative Outlier Air, seems to punch above its price point. Downside is that there is no way to test the Outlier unless you have a friend who already has it, and only comes with 2 pairs of eartips with no aftermarket options.
BlackRozeInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:11 AM   #2312

I'm currently reviewing Mavin Air-X. I compared to RHA TrueConnect and find the Mavin is more balanced. Bass is not too excessive, treble is not too bright. What I like is the Mavin Air-X delivers detailed highs with sufficient transparency and precision for TWE. There is a little grain in the treble but doesn't sound like transmission issues.

Mavin Air-X supports Qualcomm TrueWireless and aptX, delivery is clear. I tested on Huawei P20 Pro which does not support TrueWireless mode but it supports aptX.

Comes with silicone jacket to get better grip when using it for runs. I like to keep it permanent to protect the glossy body.

Retails at S$249.
musicsg_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:32 PM   #2313

I'm currently reviewing Mavin Air-X. I compared to RHA TrueConnect and find the Mavin is more balanced. Bass is not too excessive, treble is not too bright. What I like is the Mavin Air-X delivers detailed highs with sufficient transparency and precision for TWE. There is a little grain in the treble but doesn't sound like transmission issues.

Mavin Air-X supports Qualcomm TrueWireless and aptX, delivery is clear. I tested on Huawei P20 Pro which does not support TrueWireless mode but it supports aptX.

Comes with silicone jacket to get better grip when using it for runs. I like to keep it permanent to protect the glossy body.

Retails at S$249.
Any recommendations for below 150
Viren_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:25 PM   #2314
Supremacy Member

wah no more bragi dash =/

https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/01/...ware-business/
vofzxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:36 PM   #2315
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah no more bragi dash =/

https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/01/...ware-business/
I find the Dash Pro overpriced and it's not as popular among consumers as I thought it would be.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:46 AM   #2316

anyone can share their experience of using the RHA TrueConnect ?

my erato 7 is getting on my nerves, use once and then put back into the case to charge and not after long, battery low again, it has been 1 year already,

thinking to get the RHA TrueConnect but hope to hear some feedback,

it seems good on the internet review but hope someone can share their experience
v1hypersg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:16 AM   #2317

Using my Nuarl for a few days. Need to manage my expectations as wireless really cannot compare with wired.
SQ wise i find my Nuarl is good but not great. If want great SQ must go wired.
But the freedom and ease of using is really different experience.
Nt10ax connects flawlessly every time. The fit is really impressive, with the spin fits.
ZergRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:48 PM   #2318

Using my Nuarl for a few days. Need to manage my expectations as wireless really cannot compare with wired.
SQ wise i find my Nuarl is good but not great. If want great SQ must go wired.
But the freedom and ease of using is really different experience.
Nt10ax connects flawlessly every time. The fit is really impressive, with the spin fits.
There will always be degradation with wireless be it networking, gaming peripherals, etc. Audio is no difference. But convenience comes with a price. But the SQ of wireless isnt too bad if you get the correct buds.
BlackRozeInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:40 PM   #2319

Any recommendations with good voice call quality? Below 150, leaning towards balanced sound sig

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
queerquirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:31 PM   #2320

Any recommendations with good voice call quality? Below 150, leaning towards balanced sound sig

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
It's either cheaper Chinese products or $200+ for the more popular models. Maybe up your budget a bit and get the popular models
ZergRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:10 PM   #2321

Get earbuds with 10 hours listening time.

my erato 7 is getting on my nerves, use once and then put back into the case to charge and not after long, battery low again, it has been 1 year already,

it seems good on the internet review but hope someone can share their experience
mankind66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:33 PM   #2322

I’ve used it for 2 months, and I found out that it has a darker sound signature as compared to my IM02 and LS200. There’s only a slight disconnection once a week or every 2 weeks. The connection strength is quite strong and the latency is generally acceptable when compared to the Jabra 65t I tested at stereo.
Cheese Steak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:10 AM   #2323
Master Member

I have the same problem with my crazybaby nano as the earbud's battery life is less than 30 mins. I gave up after using for one week. I am using Jabra active elite 65t now. No major issues except for occasional no sound from left earbud.
Spongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:17 PM   #2324

I have the same problem with my crazybaby nano as the earbud's battery life is less than 30 mins. I gave up after using for one week. I am using Jabra active elite 65t now. No major issues except for occasional no sound from left earbud.
Crazy baby Nano is rubbish. My charging case cannot retain charge and must plug in to charge. The earbuds give me headaches everytime I use it. True rubbish instead of true wireless.
Gadgetfreakloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 02:17 PM   #2325

The powerbeats pro cost 329, but at that price I would rather consider the e8 or the MTW. Hopefully someone here can do a comparison.
Cheese Steak is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.