HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Like Tree140Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2018, 10:28 PM   #256

We did test various and re pair it.
Using tidal and such. The sound signature doesnít match its price. IMHO.
I Guess itís my sound preference. Each his own.
I had again retested it in Germany Frankfurt airport. Same. I do not particularly like itís sound signatures even after tuning it in Beoplay App

If you have ďspecialĒ way of pairing. I will retry it.
Yes. I agreed that some might not like the sound signature. I buy to test and do not loan from the manufacturers so I believed I am very fair in my opinions.
Gadgetfreakloh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 12:01 AM   #257

So my IconX 2018 that I placed order for on 4/2 in Qoo10 (Seller: Gold Medal, anyone has experience with this seller?) had been stuck at Shipping Requested. Not getting this by CNY, while not life and death, will be very irritating as I'm going on a trip and being to bring it along will be a bonus. I had just told them that if it's not delivered by CNY when reviews are saying that deliver are done in 2-3 days, then I'm going to charge back it.
meekiatah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 12:29 AM   #258
Honorary Member

So my IconX 2018 that I placed order for on 4/2 in Qoo10 (Seller: Gold Medal, anyone has experience with this seller?) had been stuck at Shipping Requested. Not getting this by CNY, while not life and death, will be very irritating as I'm going on a trip and being to bring it along will be a bonus. I had just told them that if it's not delivered by CNY when reviews are saying that deliver are done in 2-3 days, then I'm going to charge back it.
I got mine in 3 days lol, delivery came on a saturday. Gold medal. But i bought it quite some months ago. From my experience they can take quite long to reply to enquiries
FappingKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 01:26 AM   #259

thanks for the review. im interested in jabra too. but cant decide if i should wait for elite 65t or just get elite sports. they dont seems to compare these 2 type of wireless earbud. Hence i have no idea whats the selling point between these 2.

Jabra Elite 65t and active 65t is not available in SG yet.
I had Elite Sports for 2 yrs now and had tried many various. I have JH16pro with Hugo and Mojo. So I do have certain preference on sound.
So far, running and sports Jabra elite sports sounded sweet. Especially fitted with spinfit. It’s sports feature is interesting and after 2 years of using, cannot live without the voice prompts on heart rate and other stats while I run.

I tried E8, imho terrible sounding for the price. I like their portable BT speakers but E8 is Super disappointing.

Bose SoundSport free sounded interesting. Had details but not much of sound stage. Problem is ambient sound. Feel basically doesn’t even cancel anything. It’s comfortable though, the thing is big and sticking out but should be ok for run.
Oh and one thing, you tend to want to play loud due to ambient noise.

Erato Apollo 7s has interesting sound signature given its size. It’s similar but not close to Jabra. Fit is ok, but need to be careful if you run and Ensure you have good fit. So far this is close to my preference for running. Setback is batt. Heard it can charge 4x but info on web is only twice.

Have not tried Bragi Dash Pro but would be interested.
13luetooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 01:48 AM   #260
Arch-Supremacy Member

For those using TW, you might try the comply TW tips. They work well but do try spinfit true wireless tips.

They really make your TW sounds good. There are 3 sizes and I recommend you try them. Since they are made of special soft silicon you can wash them.
Noob Q. Whats TW? True wireless
wizardmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 01:58 AM   #261
Arch-Supremacy Member

You made me rethink about my decision again.
No issues with pairing my E8.

Sound quality meets my needs as a casual leisure person who listens to music via phone & want true wireless.

Battery capacity not exactly the best but so far i've not used it more than 4hrs at once. Max was about ~3hrs.

Idk how to say this but the E8 fits well into my ears in the sense that it doesnt feel uncomfy or feel like it might drop out. Its pretty securely snugged there.

But when i first got mine i noticed the huge difference in sound quality everytime i put on my E8. I then realized its becos im not fitting the angle correctly. This might vary depending on user.

Its not like typical iem which i've used whereby u just push it all the way in & u will get the best fit in terms of sound isolation & quality.

I had to adjust it quite a fair bit to get the "proper" sound quality imo. This is probably one downside if i had to point out. Idk why its like this either. Maybe other E8 users can share their experience on this as well
discoburg likes this.
Old 14-02-2018, 02:04 AM   #262
Arch-Supremacy Member

Whats your pairing guide?
If me i would say E8 users have to be careful not to hold both buds for 10secs.

When i first got my E8 as im not used to handling ture wireless buds, one mistake is often easily touching the left or right touch surface.

Touching isnt as bad as holding onto.

I realized the E8 can register "holding" touch gestures even when placed on certain flat surfaces. I once removed my E8 from both ears and placed them on an area of my laptop surface.

This somehow caused both earbuds to go into pairing mode. Then to hard reset of pairing devices.

1) hold both buds for ~5secs for pairing mode(blue led indicator on right bud)

2) hold both buds for ~10secs for resetting all paired devices.

If u ever go into accidentally resetting all paired devices, then all yr other devices will need to delete/forget & redo the pairing with the E8 again.
discoburg likes this.
Old 14-02-2018, 07:53 AM   #263

1. Delete phone BT E8 pairing and off phone Bluetooth.
2. take out E8 from case and press right earbud 1 time to switch on. (white light)
3. Press both earbuds together until it turns red. (hard reset)
4. Put back in case
5. Take out and keep them close 10cm and press right 1 time. wait for white light.
6. Press both for about 5 sec and you will see blue light.
7. On phone Bluetooth and search for E8
8. Pair and wait and it should have the profile.
9. Load the beoplay apps and insert the E8.

Done. it should auto connect once you take out from case and press right earbud.

Something i found out is you may need to do the step above a few times before it will auto connect. No harm trying.
Thanks. Insightful.
But come to think about it, you need to do this specially for E8 is a bit queer as BT supposedly ease use. Never did I need to do so for my BT. Only once when I hange my phones.
mathew_soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 08:09 AM   #264

Jabra Elite 65t is available for testing at Stereo Plaza Sing. Saw on headphones.sg the release date is 19 Feb. Saw the limited reviews online including Amazon UK and YouTube and the feedback was great.

Last edited by SuperDecker; 14-02-2018 at 08:11 AM..
SuperDecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 08:23 AM   #265

Thanks. Insightful.
But come to think about it, you need to do this specially for E8 is a bit queer as BT supposedly ease use. Never did I need to do so for my BT. Only once when I hange my phones.
Yes. Agreed with you on the pairing. Infact I try to pair for 2 hours when I first got the E8. Was thinking if I got a lemon. Lol.

The best thing is when I went to Stereo to get my spinfit and they saw me using the E8 with V30 and they politely asked me how come I can use without problems. They actually have quite a few returns due to cannot pair with android. Lol.
Old 14-02-2018, 09:13 AM   #266

Yes. Agreed with you on the pairing. Infact I try to pair for 2 hours when I first got the E8. Was thinking if I got a lemon. Lol.

The best thing is when I went to Stereo to get my spinfit and they saw me using the E8 with V30 and they politely asked me how come I can use without problems. They actually have quite a few returns due to cannot pair with android. Lol.
Android pairing has immense issues with various platforms.including chord Poly.
Old 14-02-2018, 09:14 AM   #267

Jabra Elite 65t is available for testing at Stereo Plaza Sing. Saw on headphones.sg the release date is 19 Feb. Saw the limited reviews online including Amazon UK and YouTube and the feedback was great.
It will be interesting. But funny thing they removed all sports HRM functions and does not use their sports app anymore.

Only thing is if it sounds same or better than elite sport.
I am inclined towards Erato but will listen to a few more.
Old 14-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #268

It will be interesting. But funny thing they removed all sports HRM functions and does not use their sports app anymore.

Only thing is if it sounds same or better than elite sport.
I am inclined towards Erato but will listen to a few more.
Erato A7 only have 2 hours battery life. Personally tested and video lag is 0.5 Sec. Sold liao.
Old 14-02-2018, 02:56 PM   #269

Erato A7 only have 2 hours battery life. Personally tested and video lag is 0.5 Sec. Sold liao.
Yep. I know.
The person told me A7s is different...
So I am researching on that one.
Otherwise I can just wait. Bose ambient noise is too much for me to handle.
Old 14-02-2018, 03:25 PM   #270
Master Member

Went there to try earlier. But feel a bit bulky.

swgj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.