HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Like Tree636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2019, 10:37 AM   #3871
Supremacy Member

I think main connection is on the left for tws? Hence left is always more stable than right. When I tested, right side keep on cutting OFF too.
For outlier air can choose either as main actually. For me the only time i hear stutter is mostly on the left side, and when I accidentally use the Right side as the main. If use left as main I don't have any issues. This is with Pixel 2/3a though, with Samsung/LG phones it seems more reliable for me.
Alexz_Hong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:43 AM   #3872
Supremacy Member

$5 off for 9.9, then i have a 10 off 30 coupon which I think can stack. so S$47.99. HMMMMMM
Old 07-09-2019, 03:30 PM   #3873
Master Member

For outlier air can choose either as main actually. For me the only time i hear stutter is mostly on the left side, and when I accidentally use the Right side as the main. If use left as main I don't have any issues. This is with Pixel 2/3a though, with Samsung/LG phones it seems more reliable for me.
I'm using Samsung.. no lag on YouTube.. the issue is the fit and Bluetooth reliability
AlwaysHardAlwaysReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:58 PM   #3874
Supremacy Member

I tested on the spot with my Sony wf1000xm3, Sony suffered much lesser cut off. About 3 very short cut off as compared to outlier, right side was basically unusable. Both tested on my mate 20x.
tohchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:17 PM   #3875
Supremacy Member

Finally received the BT cable from KZ, and paired with even the ZSN Pro, it sounds better than any true wireless earbuds I've tested so far. :/ And this combo is like around $36 for me only. Paid $15.41 for the ZSN Pro, and $20.92 for the BT cable.

Slightly different sound compared to wired, like slightly lesser details in the highs and lows, but not a big difference at all and is still really good. It's super loud as well, on Pixel 2 just need to use like 50% volume only. Also it supports aptx-HD.

Just that the cable is a bit long for my liking, and can't really use this for jogging for me. Can't wait for the ZS10 Pro to reach.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:34 PM   #3876

Finally received the BT cable from KZ, and paired with even the ZSN Pro, it sounds better than any true wireless earbuds I've tested so far. :/ And this combo is like around $36 for me only. Paid $15.41 for the ZSN Pro, and $20.92 for the BT cable.

Slightly different sound compared to wired, like slightly lesser details in the highs and lows, but not a big difference at all and is still really good. It's super loud as well, on Pixel 2 just need to use like 50% volume only. Also it supports aptx-HD.

Just that the cable is a bit long for my liking, and can't really use this for jogging for me. Can't wait for the ZS10 Pro to reach.
Thanks for your input! So you feel this cable is really better than the previous Bluetooth cable? BTW, is the charging for the cable micro or USB-c (can't seem to find any info regarding this on AliExpress)? Also, is the length of the wire when hung around your neck just nice?
nickmx1896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:53 PM   #3877
Supremacy Member

Thanks for your input! So you feel this cable is really better than the previous Bluetooth cable? BTW, is the charging for the cable micro or USB-c (can't seem to find any info regarding this on AliExpress)? Also, is the length of the wire when hung around your neck just nice?
Yeah. it's a definitely upgrade over the previous one. the preformed earhooks, and aptx-hd are a nice to have. It's microUSB sadly. lol, and the length of the cable is a little too long for my liking. Not sure where to cable shorteners that will fit the cable. Used to have for the Samsung Level Active, but threw those away already, and the jaybird X2 ones doesn't fit since they use flat cable. Maybe just have to live with it.

Interestingly, notice a bit of a volume jump at around 55%-60%. Like one click would make it go up in volume more. But not as crazy as the jump on the KZ T1 though. still ok for me.

EDIT: Length comparison jaybird x2 vs the KZ cable. Jaybird length is spot on for me.

Last edited by Alexz_Hong; 07-09-2019 at 06:17 PM..
Old 07-09-2019, 06:43 PM   #3878

Top 3:

Sony wf-1000xm3
Mpow t5
Anbes 359
Any recommendation of TWS earbuds for small ears?
user168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:26 PM   #3879

Any recommendation of TWS earbuds for small ears?
Earin m2. Smallest in the world. Using it as always get earache from the rest of TWS.
Gadgetfreakloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:28 PM   #3880

Earin m2. Smallest in the world. Using it as always get earache from the rest of TWS.
Wah really small, afraid will lose easily. Maybe wait for Jabra Elite 75t to launch then go try
Shortlisted Jaybird Vista but seems like Jaybirds TW not lasting?
user168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:46 PM   #3881

Yeah. it's a definitely upgrade over the previous one. the preformed earhooks, and aptx-hd are a nice to have. It's microUSB sadly. lol, and the length of the cable is a little too long for my liking. Not sure where to cable shorteners that will fit the cable. Used to have for the Samsung Level Active, but threw those away already, and the jaybird X2 ones doesn't fit since they use flat cable. Maybe just have to live with it.

Interestingly, notice a bit of a volume jump at around 55%-60%. Like one click would make it go up in volume more. But not as crazy as the jump on the KZ T1 though. still ok for me.

EDIT: Length comparison jaybird x2 vs the KZ cable. Jaybird length is spot on for me.

Oh ya, heard the Bluetooth cable when connected, produces a slight hissing sound?
Old 07-09-2019, 09:26 PM   #3882
Supremacy Member

Oh ya, heard the Bluetooth cable when connected, produces a slight hissing sound?
oh yeah. but it's not really that bad though. Only really notice it when I was in a quiet room and when the music just nice stops. while music playing does really affect the sound quality. I did encounter another potentially bigger issue. while using on my pixel 2 using aptx-hd, the music suddenly just became like a static noise. Skip the track then became normal again. not sure phone issue or aptx-hd issue, need to test more

Last edited by Alexz_Hong; 07-09-2019 at 09:36 PM..
Old 08-09-2019, 12:31 AM   #3883

oh yeah. but it's not really that bad though. Only really notice it when I was in a quiet room and when the music just nice stops. while music playing does really affect the sound quality. I did encounter another potentially bigger issue. while using on my pixel 2 using aptx-hd, the music suddenly just became like a static noise. Skip the track then became normal again. not sure phone issue or aptx-hd issue, need to test more
Maybe a one-off issue? TWS also will sometimes disconnect or have static anyways, at least for those I've tried. Now I thinking whether to splurge on the Zs10 pro or just go basic with zsn pro XD
Old 08-09-2019, 08:35 AM   #3884
Supremacy Member

Maybe a one-off issue? TWS also will sometimes disconnect or have static anyways, at least for those I've tried. Now I thinking whether to splurge on the Zs10 pro or just go basic with zsn pro XD
Not sure though. have to test more when i have the time. haha. it's not like those soft static noise too. It's like those old TV channel with nothing on kind of static noise, and it plays at the same volume as the music you're listening too. Really shocked me when it happened. lol. But then when i switch to using my old samsung phone with just aptx (not aptx-hd), didn't encounter that. haha.

I think hard to recommend since really have to know what type of sound you're into, and to know that have to actually test them out. For me I ultimately decided to buy the ZS10 Pro because according to some reviews and comparisons that I've seen, they mentioned the highs are not as harsh as the ZSN Pro (which i do feel like it is slightly), so it might be less fatiguing to listen to for me, and it's also why I didn't just go with the even newer ZSX even though the price difference is like S$8-9 more only. From a few reviews I've seen they mentioned it might be more fatiguing to listen to. but I might be getting the ZSX for review anyway, so might be able to compare them then. haha
Old 08-09-2019, 10:49 AM   #3885

Not sure though. have to test more when i have the time. haha. it's not like those soft static noise too. It's like those old TV channel with nothing on kind of static noise, and it plays at the same volume as the music you're listening too. Really shocked me when it happened. lol. But then when i switch to using my old samsung phone with just aptx (not aptx-hd), didn't encounter that. haha.

I think hard to recommend since really have to know what type of sound you're into, and to know that have to actually test them out. For me I ultimately decided to buy the ZS10 Pro because according to some reviews and comparisons that I've seen, they mentioned the highs are not as harsh as the ZSN Pro (which i do feel like it is slightly), so it might be less fatiguing to listen to for me, and it's also why I didn't just go with the even newer ZSX even though the price difference is like S$8-9 more only. From a few reviews I've seen they mentioned it might be more fatiguing to listen to. but I might be getting the ZSX for review anyway, so might be able to compare them then. haha
Wah, the static so bad ah. Now I need reconsider again liao, maybe wait for more of your reviews regarding this. Maybe you try go the developer options to adjust aptx to aptxhd on your current phone and see if the problem goes away? Oh ya, any delays in videos or gaming?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.