HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Like Tree403Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2018, 08:18 AM   #376
Master Member

Can I make a conclusion that the Sony wireless NC earbuds are crap (from the fact that it's not being discussed here at all)?
You mean the wf1000x?

Not bad leh
RocketBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:28 AM   #377
Supremacy Member

You mean the wf1000x?
Not bad leh
Ah ok, cos I scrolled back a few pages and it seems like Jabras and Samsung's are the most popular TWEs, didn't seem like anyone was talking about the Sonys. Wanted to pick up a pair but Amazon reviews are full of connectivity problems, so now a bit hesitant ...
deodorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:30 AM   #378

Can I make a conclusion that the Sony wireless NC earbuds are crap (from the fact that it's not being discussed here at all)?
I recall it was being discussed before. I just finished reviewing and sadly it was underwhelming, considering I have had high hopes on the 1000 series. The neckband and headphones are excellent, but the TWE version is not so.

Love the unique design but ANC is not aggressive, audio is generally clean, little compression artefacts considering it only supports SBC codec. The fit is not IEM-style tight, not like Bragi or Jabra sports fit, although they never fall off during my runs.

Review link
musicsg_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:42 AM   #379
Supremacy Member

I recall it was being discussed before. I just finished reviewing and sadly it was underwhelming, considering I have had high hopes on the 1000 series. The neckband and headphones are excellent, but the TWE version is not so.

Love the unique design but ANC is not aggressive, audio is generally clean, little compression artefacts considering it only supports SBC codec. The fit is not IEM-style tight, not like Bragi or Jabra sports fit, although they never fall off during my runs.

Review link
i have chance to demo it when they pre-ordering it but it's not really fancy me..the SQ is too balanced..and one side of the earpiece..signal keep dropping.

the staff told me it can be due the unit they got is pre-production unit..but this really make a huge bad impression for me. as if you going to send the demo unit for the shop for consumer to decide on their pre-order and yet you give them a unit which full of issues.. how do you expect consumer to pre-order it?
Old 01-03-2018, 12:02 PM   #380

Review link
Actually the WF-1000X supports AAC as well.
Shadow79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:02 PM   #381

i have chance to demo it when they pre-ordering it but it's not really fancy me..the SQ is too balanced..and one side of the earpiece..signal keep dropping.

the staff told me it can be due the unit they got is pre-production unit..but this really make a huge bad impression for me. as if you going to send the demo unit for the shop for consumer to decide on their pre-order and yet you give them a unit which full of issues.. how do you expect consumer to pre-order it?
Ya I heard poor reviews on launch units, and Sony has apparently improved with new firmware. This review unit had no major connection problems. In fact, I faced worse with the Bragi The Dash Pro review unit.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:06 PM   #382

Actually the WF-1000X supports AAC as well.
Yes you are correct. AAC works only for Apple devices. Non-Apple devices do not have the other premium codecs like aptx, aptx HD, not even LDAC which Sony is proprietary.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:26 PM   #383
Supremacy Member

Thanks for replying. Will take a look at it in Stereo this Sunday.
It's 3rd party eartip replacement.
discoburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:52 PM   #384
Supremacy Member

Interesting. Might take a closer look at the neckband Sony. My wife has wh-1000xm2 and I kind like it except that headbands are a bit bulky (I don't normally carry any bag around with me), was looking for maybe TWE that can put in pocket 🤔
deodorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:23 PM   #385

Any recommendations for something to use at the gym?
mozzozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #386

If can wait, then the upcoming sony WF-SP700N, 2nd gen wireless might be good since WF-1000X is their 1st gen.
radon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:01 PM   #387
Master Member

Just on board this TWEs train. Got this Jabra Elite Sport from oric1.

After much adjustment, settled with med earwings and removed all original eargel. Using samsung AKG earpiece eargel on this Jabra Elite Sport. It sealed super tight on my left ear while on right ear is just nice.

Music: The bass just felt right, just need to adjust it more. Im using POWERAMP player which can have further equalizer tuning. Yes it can achieve very nice bass boost.

Tried Gym with Jabra Sport App... and i would say, it is wonderful.

Heart rate is in sync properly, same as my Garmin Fenix 5x and also the same as treadmill and cross trainer.

Earbuds fit into ears tight, no loose feeling at all.

More review after weekend running.
oric1 and musicsg_com like this.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:40 PM   #388

Interesting. Might take a closer look at the neckband Sony. My wife has wh-1000xm2 and I kind like it except that headbands are a bit bulky (I don't normally carry any bag around with me), was looking for maybe TWE that can put in pocket 🤔
I use neckband mostly as it is non-intrusive and long batt. Suitable for calls and music especially travels.
I have both MDR1000X as well as the neckband version WI-1000X. These are solid noise cancellers. Especially the MDR as compared side by side with Bose QC.

I did not try the TW versions though since it is still dangling outside your ears like the Bose SoundFree.

Most importantly, it has no protection against elements like water/sweat, since I use TW mostly for sports. So I dropped the idea of Sony WF1000.
musicsg_com likes this.
mathew_soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:47 PM   #389

Any recommendations for something to use at the gym?
For me, so far, only Jabra Sport Elite works well, and the sound signature suits sports.
It has proper HRM (I mean comparable to those in Apple Watch and Garmin devices). I tested the HRM of Jabra Sport Elite while wearing Apple Watch monitoring HR. Than I tried using Garmin Vivo HR. They are very close.
Since I am not a super sportsman, a good enough HRM is good enough. Apple watch HRM is notoriously accurate as reported via various medical forums.

Out of all TW, Jabra Sport Elite has special sports app that enhances use in Gym training, and running. It has various exercises and routines to train. I think this is really unique to it.
Unfortunately, the latest Jabra Active Elite 65t, besides water/sweat resistant, has no other functions. Kinda sad. Hopefully they change their minds during final product launch and put in the features.
fireduke86 and musicsg_com like this.
mathew_soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:56 PM   #390
Supremacy Member

For me, so far, only Jabra Sport Elite works well, and the sound signature suits sports.
It has proper HRM (I mean comparable to those in Apple Watch and Garmin devices). I tested the HRM of Jabra Sport Elite while wearing Apple Watch monitoring HR. Than I tried using Garmin Vivo HR. They are very close.
Since I am not a super sportsman, a good enough HRM is good enough. Apple watch HRM is notoriously accurate as reported via various medical forums.

Out of all TW, Jabra Sport Elite has special sports app that enhances use in Gym training, and running. It has various exercises and routines to train. I think this is really unique to it.
Unfortunately, the latest Jabra Active Elite 65t, besides water/sweat resistant, has no other functions. Kinda sad. Hopefully they change their minds during final product launch and put in the features.
they have one elite 65t active for sports...but I think it didn't have HRM function...

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT
doki81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.