HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Like Tree158Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2018, 09:08 PM   #466

I'm almost convincing myself to get the B&O E8, but looking at some saying the pairing need a bit of toggling between the phone's BT settings and the Beoplay app.

I'm currently using AirPods in which has pretty good sound, though no isolation. But AirPods connect to the iPhone independently, unlike the E8 which has a master and the other side a slave connected to it and will have some skips. The AirPods rarely skips.

Why I'm looking at the E8 is for sound quality. Before I used AirPods I was using Earin M-1 and sound is also pretty decent. So now considering thoroughly as don't wish to regret spending so much for the E8.
I have Earin M1 and E8. The E8 are just so much better. Totally no fight.
Gadgetfreakloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #467
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have Earin M1 and E8. The E8 are just so much better. Totally no fight.
I understand that the E8 is among the best in class, but what about the connection? The Earin M-1 is quite notoriously good in dropping connection on right side (as master is on left) and then disconnecting on its own.
Old 13-03-2018, 10:40 PM   #468
Arch-Supremacy Member

Used the E8 since jan.. daily driver during commute.

No disconnections except split second when near certain areas. E.g. boarding & alighting bus like a bros also mentioned here.

Im using it without the app. Lazy to mess around.
discoburg likes this.
wizardmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 05:28 AM   #469

I understand that the E8 is among the best in class, but what about the connection? The Earin M-1 is quite notoriously good in dropping connection on right side (as master is on left) and then disconnecting on its own.

Ok. Just to clarify. Earin m1 master is the left earbud and Bluetooth to it's slave on the right. The Bluetooth from phone to master is good. Only problem is the Bluetooth from master to slave is not strong enough and give connection problem with always the right earbud dropping.

For E8. The master is right earbud. Master to slave is using magnetic induction. So electrically induced magnetic signal will caused interference. This includes magnetic scanners, another magnetic induced TW earbud nearby etc. When this happens. You will know is due to magnetic interference and can move away to avoid.

Last edited by Gadgetfreakloh; 14-03-2018 at 05:32 AM..
Old 14-03-2018, 06:54 AM   #470
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ok. Just to clarify. Earin m1 master is the left earbud and Bluetooth to it's slave on the right. The Bluetooth from phone to master is good. Only problem is the Bluetooth from master to slave is not strong enough and give connection problem with always the right earbud dropping.

For E8. The master is right earbud. Master to slave is using magnetic induction. So electrically induced magnetic signal will caused interference. This includes magnetic scanners, another magnetic induced TW earbud nearby etc. When this happens. You will know is due to magnetic interference and can move away to avoid.
OK noted. So I can presume the connection between the earbuds of the E8 is more stable as compared to Earin M-1.
Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 12:42 PM   #471

OK noted. So I can presume the connection between the earbuds of the E8 is more stable as compared to Earin M-1.
Yes. for M1 you do not know when it will skip. It can be anywhere. For E8 very rare and you can move away from the source.
Old 14-03-2018, 03:13 PM   #472
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes. for M1 you do not know when it will skip. It can be anywhere. For E8 very rare and you can move away from the source.
All right, thanks for the explanation.
Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 04:27 PM   #473

currently using beo play e8 best of Bluetooth inner ear bud. Excellent sound quality and almost no drop (unless the places you walk pass got some interferences) even so it recover fast maybe just 1second or less drop (very seldom happening drop)

sick look and comfortable abit costly but worth every penny.
discoburg likes this.
demonqiyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 12:37 PM   #474
Arch-Supremacy Member

Stocks are coming into Challenger stores today.

Got mine at Westgate
$254 for members.

Sent from LGE LG-H930 using GAGT
daniel_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 04:17 PM   #475

Got mine at Westgate
$254 for members.

That's a better price than IT Show. They only give a $10 CapitaLand voucher. No discount from the standard retail price of $268. But Best Denki gave a $20 voucher which was immediately used to offset. So nett is $248. Not worth braving the crowd.
Shadow79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 05:01 PM   #476

Got mine at Westgate
$254 for members.

Is it as good as its hype?
Zijin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 05:37 PM   #477

I think you can get it off amazon for about S$235 including delivery to SG.
michaelakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 06:54 PM   #478
Supremacy Member

Is it as good as its hype?
erm...for me...I think sports elite still like better... Dunno why I feel like the treble to too high on 65t...but good thing is this 65t can connect to 2 phone at once.. simultaneously..

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT
doki81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 07:37 PM   #479
Arch-Supremacy Member

Finally bought the B&O E8 and just placed the earbuds into the charging case. First impressions that the look and feel is premium upon opening the box. I noticed that when the charging case is plugged in, there're white charging lights behind which are flashing and in front got an orange flashing light too.

I downloaded the Beoplay app and got it to connect. But the thing is, seems like transparency settings and other tweaks needed the earbuds to be placed into your ear in order to set? So lets say I'm listening to Spotify on the E8, I've to open the Beoplay app too and tweak settings simultaneously?
Old 15-03-2018, 07:46 PM   #480

erm...for me...I think sports elite still like better... Dunno why I feel like the treble to too high on 65t...but good thing is this 65t can connect to 2 phone at once.. simultaneously..

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT
I saw review and saw that eq can adjusted on the apps.
I like to ask if the earbuds really has no delay? Like when. Watch movie or something on the phone
Zijin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.