HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Like Tree552Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2020, 04:36 PM   #6091

If minus volume control function, what's the best buy can get for $30?
Preferably still able to switch left and right side instantly with no lags.

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
Either haylou GT plus, or qcy t5.

According to the review below, qcy t5 do not use the qcc3020 chip (therefore, should not have the weaker connectivity or the occasional pairing/connecting issues/lags u experienced in e12 ultra), but still support left/right hotswapping. I don't have a qcy t5 so I cannot say for sure.

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/qcy-t5-review

(Hmm.. some other reviews says qcy t5 is using the usual master-slave setup that don't have the ability to hotswap left/right. Really need a qcy t5 owner to comment on this.

Reason why I did not get the qcy t5: Not a fan on stem designs)

Last edited by Remless; 25-03-2020 at 04:51 PM..
Remless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 06:54 PM   #6092
Arch-Supremacy Member

Either haylou GT plus, or qcy t5.

According to the review below, qcy t5 do not use the qcc3020 chip (therefore, should not have the weaker connectivity or the occasional pairing/connecting issues/lags u experienced in e12 ultra), but still support left/right hotswapping. I don't have a qcy t5 so I cannot say for sure.

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/qcy-t5-review

(Hmm.. some other reviews says qcy t5 is using the usual master-slave setup that don't have the ability to hotswap left/right. Really need a qcy t5 owner to comment on this.

Reason why I did not get the qcy t5: Not a fan on stem designs)
Seems like these two are always the comparison for the lower price range.

Taken from scarbir:
The $25 QCY T5, which can be considered balanced with elevated upper-mids and highs, seems surprisingly bassy in comparison to the GT1 Plus. Its bass is fatter and more present. The bass of the GT1 Plus doesn't kick in as fast, but when it does, it sounds tighter than that of the T5. Upper-mids and vocals have more impact too, with vocals coming in clearer. The center-mids, like pianos and guitars, however, are more emphasized and sound more lifelike on the T5. It's tossing a coin between these two. Battery life is comparable; the QCY T5 has a nifty low-latency mode for gaming as a nice addition.
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 06:56 PM   #6093

Using GT1 Plus for 2 days. It is not bad. Sound quality acceptable, phone call is clear, long lasting battery and small in size, pocket friendly.
eBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 07:27 PM   #6094

Seems like these two are always the comparison for the lower price range.

Taken from scarbir:
The $25 QCY T5, which can be considered balanced with elevated upper-mids and highs, seems surprisingly bassy in comparison to the GT1 Plus. Its bass is fatter and more present. The bass of the GT1 Plus doesn't kick in as fast, but when it does, it sounds tighter than that of the T5. Upper-mids and vocals have more impact too, with vocals coming in clearer. The center-mids, like pianos and guitars, however, are more emphasized and sound more lifelike on the T5. It's tossing a coin between these two. Battery life is comparable; the QCY T5 has a nifty low-latency mode for gaming as a nice addition.
Yeah.

I am not sure how important the ability to quickly swap L/R earpiece to u, but do note that the moment you chosen a earpiece with aptx and qualcomm chip, you lost the ability for seamless connection and hotswap if you are not using a device with snapdragon 845 (and above).

I guess that's why manufacturers like samsung and sony do not use the qualcomm chipset and rather, develop their own proprietary bluetooth chipset that supports double master setup. This way, they can not only assure their earpieces connects and swaps seamlessly, but also ensure their earpieces connect/swap seamlessly on ios devices. Its the same case with Fiil. A trade-off between support for aptx and seamless connection/swap.

Now I am not that keen in tws+ and aptx anymore as I want the seamless connection and swap. Even on snapdragon 845 and above devices, there is still lag as the earpieces connect/disconnect when earpieces are swapped back and forth to their cases.

(And that's why you see 2 devices in bluetooth setting for tws+ setups. Its a hybrid setup that allows hotswap using non-master/slave setup if the device is snapdragon 845 and above, or fallback to master/slave setup when its not)

Unfortunately, at lower price points, if you want the hotswap capability, only the tws+ solution is available.

Further readup (note nanaholic's post on why they are thankful for having no aptx support):

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/offi....911305/page-3

Which is the same reason why I held fiil t1x with such high regards. At that price point, they can develop a non-master/slave BT solution that connect/swap as seamlessly as galaxy buds, sony wf-1000xm3 and apple airpods without locking the user to any ecosystem, that I don't actually want tws+ or aptx on it.

Last edited by Remless; 25-03-2020 at 08:05 PM..
Old 25-03-2020, 09:31 PM   #6095
Arch-Supremacy Member

hmm... I am using pocophone F1 which should be snapdragon 845, but I do experience the short lag with Sabbat E12 Ultra. So I am kinda suspecting qualcomm chip earbuds will experience this common issue.

Same, I appreciate the seamless and swapping sides, so I guess I have to avoid QC chip earbuds till there is a further tech advancement
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 09:37 PM   #6096

hmm... I am using pocophone F1 which should be snapdragon 845, but I do experience the short lag with Sabbat E12 Ultra. So I am kinda suspecting qualcomm chip earbuds will experience this common issue.

Same, I appreciate the seamless and swapping sides, so I guess I have to avoid QC chip earbuds till there is a further tech advancement
Same here. I also use pocophone. Both truedots and sabbat e12 have lag when swapping. Bo bian.... its the tws+ thing and budget ones all use qualcomm's readily available tws+.

The rest using realtek chip cannot swap at all since they use master-slave setup.

Only fiil t1x is the odd one out (that i encounter so far) that actually has a double master solution for a budget earpiece.

Its not that tws+ is bad. It offers a solution to manufacturers to enable their earbuds to have the ability of having L/R independent use, which usually is limited to manufacturers that have the capacity to develop their own proprietary tech for hotswapping like samsung, apple and sony.

Just that its not as seamless as compared to them.

Last edited by Remless; 25-03-2020 at 09:51 PM..
Old 26-03-2020, 09:47 AM   #6097
Arch-Supremacy Member

lazada will have sale tonight / tml
Old 26-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #6098

Using the first gen. So far so good. I really like its sound signature. Minimum cut outs, battery life is good. Not bad at all for its price. Gen2 shld be better (USB-C + longer battery life). Had minor issues with the buds dislodging inside the case and connecting to my phone. Not sure if 2nd gen fixed it.

Is liberty 2 pro still a good buy now?

Think shopee if consider cashback and everything is around $165.

Lazada will have sale soon and guessing after cc + shop discount prolly around 150-170ish
Jlyong0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 11:55 AM   #6099

lazada will have sale tonight / tml
I am hoping that the '?' is a 6, so that I can get another set of this near perfect earbuds.

Old 26-03-2020, 03:14 PM   #6100
High Supremacy Member

I am hoping that the '?' is a 6, so that I can get another set of this near perfect earbuds.

I will be tempted if its just $60.
Old 26-03-2020, 03:17 PM   #6101

I will be tempted if its just $60.
Same.

But looks like more good news coming our way.

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/new-qualcomm-chips-could-bring-noise-cancelling-to-budget-bluetooth-buds

By the end of the yr, we might have ANC as a standard feature in most buds.
Old 26-03-2020, 03:52 PM   #6102
High Supremacy Member

Same.

But looks like more good news coming our way.

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/n...bluetooth-buds

By the end of the yr, we might have ANC as a standard feature in most buds.
For ANC i will still go back to Sony.
I just need something cheap for my jogs and cycle. This Fiil doesn't have ambient mode but i guess at this price point its fair.
Old 26-03-2020, 04:10 PM   #6103
Master Member

Though I heard Sony fitting is not the greatest. Maybe 1 more? Though from post, you seems like only considering main stream Brandís. Then if so Sony is your best bet.

But do take know current ANC TWS water resistance sucks so if you are a 汗宝宝 like me or got into a heavy rain why running the your Sony can prepare to go

For ANC i will still go back to Sony.
I just need something cheap for my jogs and cycle. This Fiil doesn't have ambient mode but i guess at this price point its fair.
davidwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 04:21 PM   #6104
High Supremacy Member

Though I heard Sony fitting is not the greatest. Maybe 1 more? Though from post, you seems like only considering main stream Brandís. Then if so Sony is your best bet.

But do take know current ANC TWS water resistance sucks so if you are a 汗宝宝 like me or got into a heavy rain why running the your Sony can prepare to go
Yes, moi is a 汗宝宝, that's why this Fiil with its IP rating is good for me during sports.

I have the WI-1000XM2 for my daily wear so not looking at WF-1000XM3.
Old 26-03-2020, 04:41 PM   #6105
Master Member

Unfortunately currently current crop of ANC TWS all sucks at ANC. There are new models coming out with better IP rating but you need to wait. Cos so far I check with ANC With good enough fitting (got wings) is 1 more.

As for Fiil, need to ask REMLESS bro cos I havenít received mine yet. If really at 60 the itís a good buy my by the time factoring in shipping as ad remless bro 70ish

Yes, moi is a 汗宝宝, that's why this Fiil with its IP rating is good for me during sports.

I have the WI-1000XM2 for my daily wear so not looking at WF-1000XM3.
davidwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.