HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Like Tree617Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2020, 03:44 PM   #6346

looks quite nice. but no like half in-ears.
Yeah... It seems to be those 'Looks good, but.....' category.

For me, I am not particularly a fan of stem designs. Just for info as I think there are people that likes the design.

I don't like the battery life at all when its going to cost $100+.
Remless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 04:44 PM   #6347

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I eventually went for the Air2. After 2 days of use, my thoughts:

Pros: good sound quality, fit is good due to buds of various sizes, call quality is ok, good aesthetics, great value for relatively low cost
Cons: reconnectivity is clunky as sometimes the left earbud will have no sound. Ease of connection not as seamless as Sony wh1000. Charging case feels filmsy and cheap. The cover feels like it is going to snap off anytime.

All in all, happy with my purchase with outlay of $100
I bought it at $105 lol. Overall I am pretty satisified with it.
wwh5210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 05:55 PM   #6348
Arch-Supremacy Member

haha. yeah. i think that's the complain most ppl have, since some songs are louder, some are softer, and not all music players are able to normalise the volume. needing to take out phone to adjust volume might be a bit of a hassle for some. Though it's strange that the Truedots which is likely built by the same company, has volume controls for the aptx model. Maybe they will silently update the model in the future again and change the controls. haha.

Not sure if i'm in the minority but i rarely use the controls on the earbuds, maybe because my phone is always near me. If i'm using tws at home, my phone in on my desk, and it's easier to reach for my phone than to lift my arms. When i'm jogging i hold my phone in my hand, so again, easier to just control volume there. When I'm on public transport and walking around, my phone is in my hand most of the time too. Maybe once in a while when it's in pocket i'll use it to change tracks or what. So the controls not really a deciding factor for me. haha.
Just got to know of your channel. Rare to see a local review channel. Subscribed
Btw, any recommendations for
  • seamless connection, can switch between left right side (I understand QC cant right?)
  • volume control
  • <S$40

Pardon me, asked a few times here le.

FIIL has a new earpiece released: the FIIL CC.

Just for info.

Some aspects of it I feel its an upgrade, while some I feel its a downgrade from T1x (the battery life of CC is only 3-4 hrs, and it actually cost more than the T1x). It has ENC (inferior to ANC) and the CC portion of the app is more capable than t1x (custom EQ, 3 latency modes, DSP sound improvement, etc)

FIIL+ app had been upgraded to ver 3.3.3. T1x users can upgrade the app by scanning the QR code on the manual, but not a must. So far, they only added support for FIIL CC and a new login to their own portal on the android version (not sure what that is for).

Spoiler!

https://hifigo.com/blogs/news/fiil-cc-tws-released
https://www.xiaomitoday.com/fiil-cc-...or-just-86-99/
https://www.geekbuying.com/item/FIIL...es-423991.html
wah, it does look quite futuristic chio. Too bad they work hard on the looks, but not on the functions...
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:17 PM   #6349
Great Supremacy Member

there is a bunch of peeps who looks for earbuds instead of in ears

Redmi note 8 pro + Mi 9T pro + xperia xzp
chesterqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:40 PM   #6350

there is a bunch of peeps who looks for earbuds instead of in ears
And there are a few people who loves to act like a moderator, when they aren't.

Redirecting to the first post by TS:

hi,

looking for wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS,

meaning like air pods, with just 2 small things to put into your ear without any interconnecting cables,

thinking between the sony WF-1000X but seems like have connection issues and not so cheap

criteria :

battery life at least 5 hrs

water proof or resistant, not going to swim with it but if dirty or get caught in rain, dont have to worry,

sound quality, currently use SHURE 215, more bass person

connection : should have strong connect so that wont keep drop and affect your listening experience,

can anyone share their experience of current ear buds on the market ?

thanks !
So what does air pods classify into?

Few pages earlier, there are even people talking about bone conduit earphones and recommending things like creative outlier one in this thread.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:18 PM   #6351

Just got to know of your channel. Rare to see a local review channel. Subscribed
  • seamless connection, can switch between left right side (I understand QC cant right?)
  • volume control
  • <S$40

wah, it does look quite futuristic chio. Too bad they work hard on the looks, but not on the functions...
I think you need to wait for Alex to receive and review qcy T4. If it indeed can be customised in-app to include volume controls (and give up some other controls, just like liberty air 2 and liberty pro), then you got your buds.

FIIL cc do have the functions (app support with eq, low latency modes, seamless switching, ENC etc), but its the design (to me) and battery life...
Old 10-04-2020, 08:00 PM   #6352
Supremacy Member

• volume control
  • <S$40

gam xia! haha. i'm guessing you're using iOS? if so then QCC chipset can't do seamless.

But on android it can. Normally when connected will see like both L and R sides. If I put in the side that isn't connected as the master, music just keeps playing with no pause. When take out, resumes almost immediately. When i put in the one that is connected, it will take a sec or 2 to reconnect to the other side, then music resumes. Then if i take out the other side now, music comes on the other side almost immediately.

For KZ S2 with newer realtek chip works a little differently. There's only 1 connected device on the phone (no L or R). When I put in either side, no pause to music at all. but once i take it out, it pauses for a sec to say "turn on, pairing successful" before music resumes. This works on both android and iOS.

But volume control seems harder to find for some reason. haha. Maybe some of the QCY could be an option like Remless mentioned. I don't exactly recall if it's using realtek too, but i remember it supports a similar style switching. Not sure if it's the same for iOS though, as back then i didn't test that feature on an iPhone. already gave it away to a friend so can't really test.

The new T4 has an app that can change the buttons, and T5S which i'm guess is just a T5 with app support should be able to do the same. So those could be an option? just have to see if the sound is as good. haha

Few pages earlier, there are even people talking about bone conduit earphones and recommending things like creative outlier one in this thread.
haha. well the thread name is wireless bluetooth earbuds, which covers those things too technically.

I think you need to wait for Alex to receive and review qcy T4. If it indeed can be customised in-app to include volume controls (and give up some other controls, just like liberty air 2 and liberty pro), then you got your buds.

FIIL cc do have the functions (app support with eq, low latency modes, seamless switching, ENC etc), but its the design (to me) and battery life...

this one screenshot from the video. haha.
Alexz_Hong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:15 PM   #6353

haha. well the thread name is wireless bluetooth earbuds, which covers those things too technically.

this one screenshot from the video. haha.
Yeah. I don't think anyone here tries to make that kind of distinction, whether its in-earbuds, on-ear like airpods or other solutions. Only perhaps certain people who thinks they are 'representatives' of the general crowd.

The qcy t4 app really seems to do things like the soundcore app, and probably its the same app that T5s will be using too.
Old 10-04-2020, 08:36 PM   #6354

gam xia! haha. i'm guessing you're using iOS? if so then QCC chipset can't do seamless.

But on android it can. Normally when connected will see like both L and R sides. If I put in the side that isn't connected as the master, music just keeps playing with no pause. When take out, resumes almost immediately. When i put in the one that is connected, it will take a sec or 2 to reconnect to the other side, then music resumes. Then if i take out the other side now, music comes on the other side almost immediately.

For KZ S2 with newer realtek chip works a little differently. There's only 1 connected device on the phone (no L or R). When I put in either side, no pause to music at all. but once i take it out, it pauses for a sec to say "turn on, pairing successful" before music resumes. This works on both android and iOS.
That's what we are experiencing for the QCC chips. One of them is still acting as a master, so its not that seamless as L/R buds do not work in the same way. When the master is removed, there are pauses. Some times, I even encounter no sound from the master when I take it out.

KZ S2 fits in more to what we know as seamless switching and connection. Just that maybe different manufacturers do it differently. For FILL T1x, when we put any one of the earbuds back and close the case, there is a beep. No pauses to music.

When I take the bud back out from the case, music do not pause also. It just fades slightly into the background for 1 sec while a voice prompt says in chinese 'connected'.

Probably because fiil t1x does turning on and pairing instantly when we open the case, which is why we don't hear the on/off prompts.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:25 PM   #6355

Anyone know where can I get MTW2 online for now
ksksksks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:51 PM   #6356
Arch-Supremacy Member

That's what we are experiencing for the QCC chips. One of them is still acting as a master, so its not that seamless as L/R buds do not work in the same way. When the master is removed, there are pauses. Some times, I even encounter no sound from the master when I take it out.

KZ S2 fits in more to what we know as seamless switching and connection. Just that maybe different manufacturers do it differently. For FILL T1x, when we put any one of the earbuds back and close the case, there is a beep. No pauses to music.

When I take the bud back out from the case, music do not pause also. It just fades slightly into the background for 1 sec while a voice prompt says in chinese 'connected'.

Probably because fiil t1x does turning on and pairing instantly when we open the case, which is why we don't hear the on/off prompts.
Yup, same situation for my Sabbat E12 Ultra. It will be detected as 2 devices on my phone. Btw, I am using android. I realise such earphones which work on detecting 2 devices, usually will have the lag when switching sides.
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:00 PM   #6357

Yup, same situation for my Sabbat E12 Ultra. It will be detected as 2 devices on my phone. Btw, I am using android. I realise such earphones which work on detecting 2 devices, usually will have the lag when switching sides.
Yah.. really no choice and bo bian... since tws+ works that way.

If you are adventurous, maybe take a look at taobao. Some chinese earbuds there may meet your requirement. There are some unique offerings there.... like negative ion bluetooth earbuds that's supposed to improve your well-being while u listen to music.

Last edited by Remless; 10-04-2020 at 11:05 PM..
Old 10-04-2020, 11:04 PM   #6358

Anyone know where can I get MTW2 online for now
Sennheiser also shutdown now. Think all will be delayed. Can try https://www.connect-it.com.sg/wirele...m3-ietw-2.html
Gadgetfreakloh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 12:54 AM   #6359
Great Supremacy Member

And there are a few people who loves to act like a moderator, when they aren't.
Excuse me what the ****?

I was saying there are people who looks for wireless earbuds instead of in ears that's why brands still produce them?
E.g. not liking the feeling of inserting the earphones, the blocking feeling, ease of removal, want to hear surrounding etc etc.

Why you gotta come in thread and be a dick?
You think CB means come online and be CB Kia?
Old 11-04-2020, 01:01 AM   #6360
Great Supremacy Member

God dang newbies coming into threads like everyone owe them a living

Redmi note 8 pro + Mi 9T pro + xperia xzp
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.