HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Like Tree405Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2018, 06:03 PM   #1111
Arch-Supremacy Member

So heading for service Centre for exchange?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Not yet. Yesterday was a one-off, monitor first.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:58 PM   #1112

Decided to get the Nuarl NT01 after trying a few brands. Though is not a big brand, the sound quality is indeed cool

xiaovanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:19 PM   #1113
Arch-Supremacy Member

Decided to get the Nuarl NT01 after trying a few brands. Though is not a big brand, the sound quality is indeed cool

Yeah the sound quality is good

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT
lorettatay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:06 AM   #1114
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the info. I almost wanted to buy the 65t

your earbuds using the latest firmware?

i contacted jabra support multiple times to ask them about the crackling sound.. they cant give me a solution to it than replace my device...

i replaced once before.. with oem firmware if got interference only will disconnect but wont 'crackle'..

once i update the firmware, the crackling is back
Jeremy1 likes this.
Matrock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #1115

Thanks for the info. I almost wanted to buy the 65t
i'm not sure if the devices that are on the shelves now are using the OEM firmware..

if dont update i think its ok.. connection drop = No sound on left bud only
boOz08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:17 PM   #1116

Been using the Jabra Elite Active 65T for a little over a week now for commuting to work mostly.

Firmware
  • 2.10.0 (1033) (English)
  • Forgot to check what was the original firmware out of the box, but updated once since downloading the app.

Connectivity
  • Pairing was straightforward, and subsequent automatic connections upon taking the earbuds out of the case are pretty quick (you may hear the connection sound when putting on the earbuds if you are really quick)
  • Range is about 3 meters of direct line of sight.
  • Don't notice any delay when watching videos from YouTube/Streamable.

Interference
  • Maybe about once a day, the left earbud drops and reconnects instantly, not sure why but it is not too big of a deal since I expected worst when wanting to try out true wireless.
  • EZ-Link
    • I only got the chance to sit directly in front of the card reader once.
    • It seems to crackle mainly on the left earbud when people are tapping while existing the bus, but does not seem crackle every single tap. It is mostly quiet otherwise.
    • I have not sat near to the card reader enough for further analysis.

Battery Life
  • Unable to comment much since I put the earbuds into the case whenever I am not using it.
  • When I get home, I try to make sure all my devices are charged so I have not been in a situation where the earbuds are low on juice.

Peeve
  • The sound sometimes leans towards the left ear a little.
  • There is some white noise during use, and you may be able to hear it during very quiet moments of some songs.
    • Try pausing a song and you should be able to hear the white noise stop after about 2 seconds.

So far, I feel that the Active 65T has been an overall upgrade over my previous commuting earbuds, the Beoplay H5, especially the battery life because the H5 needed its USB charging cradle, and did not work with my power bank so it was pretty much useless if I was travelling for longer periods of time.
Raynesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:45 PM   #1117
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone here using or used Liberty Zolo plus? Does it live up to the Bluetooth 5.0 expectations? I am using a brand less (safvy) earbuds which is on 4.1, seriously the connectivity sucks.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 06:01 PM   #1118
Supremacy Member

Been using the Jabra Elite Active 65T for a little over a week now for commuting to work mostly.

Firmware
  • 2.10.0 (1033) (English)
  • Forgot to check what was the original firmware out of the box, but updated once since downloading the app.

Connectivity
  • Pairing was straightforward, and subsequent automatic connections upon taking the earbuds out of the case are pretty quick (you may hear the connection sound when putting on the earbuds if you are really quick)
  • Range is about 3 meters of direct line of sight.
  • Don't notice any delay when watching videos from YouTube/Streamable.

Interference
  • Maybe about once a day, the left earbud drops and reconnects instantly, not sure why but it is not too big of a deal since I expected worst when wanting to try out true wireless.
  • EZ-Link
    • I only got the chance to sit directly in front of the card reader once.
    • It seems to crackle mainly on the left earbud when people are tapping while existing the bus, but does not seem crackle every single tap. It is mostly quiet otherwise.
    • I have not sat near to the card reader enough for further analysis.

Battery Life
  • Unable to comment much since I put the earbuds into the case whenever I am not using it.
  • When I get home, I try to make sure all my devices are charged so I have not been in a situation where the earbuds are low on juice.

Peeve
  • The sound sometimes leans towards the left ear a little.
  • There is some white noise during use, and you may be able to hear it during very quiet moments of some songs.
    • Try pausing a song and you should be able to hear the white noise stop after about 2 seconds.

So far, I feel that the Active 65T has been an overall upgrade over my previous commuting earbuds, the Beoplay H5, especially the battery life because the H5 needed its USB charging cradle, and did not work with my power bank so it was pretty much useless if I was travelling for longer periods of time.
thought someone who has elite active didn't encounter this interference issue..seem like active series is not spare from this interference issue neither. .

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT
doki81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:59 PM   #1119
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any reviews on the awei ak8?
Thinking of either getting this or the xiaomi wireless earbud
tokcocksingsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:45 PM   #1120

I have this same problem. Usually the left side will crackle and drop connection. Replaced it once and didn't update the firmware. Thought everything was okay until it happened again.

Considering making another change but not sure if it'll help.

can try change already dont update firmware first..

Connection drop will not have crackling sound.. but update liao confirm have.. haha u can try

jabra side cant give me any solution to this.. only tell me maybe set fault ask me replace
Old 08-07-2018, 09:24 PM   #1121

Ya, apparently this was better than my Sony wf1000 and very good price point with bluetooth 5.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:02 PM   #1122

Not yet. Yesterday was a one-off, monitor first.
I can confirm having this issue as well, thought that i did not place the earbuds properly into the case so i ensured that there's red blinking lights before closing the charging case, the next day. the left earbud just did not turn on, its battery simply went flat.

Had to take it out and put it back again to "re-charge" it...
jenson419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:33 AM   #1123

Harvey Norman having GST absorbed promotions for selected items. Jabra 65T active is now selling for $278.50. If u subscribed to their newsletter, you will have $10 e voucher which can be used to offset the online order. Eventual price is $268.50. Considered the cheapest you can get atm.

For those who wish to get the 65T, can go to singtel website where they are selling for $218.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Last edited by kirium76; 09-07-2018 at 12:36 AM..
kirium76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:07 AM   #1124

It was reviewed in Amazon.jp that the sound in right earbud have the tedency to drop even in room environment. Can verify that?, before i pull the trigger.

lesliehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 04:24 PM   #1125
High Supremacy Member

Hi guys, I'm really interested in getting the B&O E8 earbuds. Could anyone share their experience with this pair on flight?

Any problem connecting to the in-flight entertainment system? I usually fly with SQ or LTH. Do I have to get a separate bluetooth dongle? Any recommendations?

Sorry, I'm pretty bad at these hi-techie techie stuff. Thanks in advance!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.