HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Like Tree429Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-12-2017, 05:57 PM   #106

may I know what phone you are using to pair?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
I am using LGv30+ and Mi Mix.
Gadgetfreakloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2017, 09:05 PM   #107
Honorary Member

Not sure about 2018 icon x. 2017 I find it is very bearable. The worst video lag I have tried is from my ERATO Apollo 7.
Hmm I thought there's only 2 version of iconx.

The one they are displaying and selling now they call it Iconx 2018. Then there's the previous one with lousy battery life.
FappingKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #108

Hmm I thought there's only 2 version of iconx.

The one they are displaying and selling now they call it Iconx 2018. Then there's the previous one with lousy battery life.
The first version is called IconX with poor battery life and HRM. The latest version released this year (2017) is called IconX 2018, great battery life but no HRM.
musicsg_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #109
Master Member

Loving the E8. Been using for a week now and it's just really sleek looking. The sound is exciting!
do they drop out easily?
Old 26-12-2017, 07:10 PM   #110
Master Member

Bragi Dash Pro delivered to me last week. Till today, have done 2 updates. Connection is good, no drops encountered and very comfy in the ears. Plus points is can bring to the showers and the additional 4GB storage.
mudxblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 08:26 PM   #111

Bragi Dash Pro delivered to me last week. Till today, have done 2 updates. Connection is good, no drops encountered and very comfy in the ears. Plus points is can bring to the showers and the additional 4GB storage.
How does the sound quality compare to others? Local set from LRT?
Gadgetfreakloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 08:16 AM   #112
Arch-Supremacy Member

can share where did you get it and price?
any review on sound and the touch gestures?

thanks!
xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 09:04 PM   #113
Honorary Member

The first version is called IconX with poor battery life and HRM. The latest version released this year (2017) is called IconX 2018, great battery life but no HRM.
I see. Thanks for the feedbacks guys.

Just ordered one set ended paying around 180 thanks to the $50 Qoo10 coupon I won yesterday. Hopefully the connection is as solid as described when I'm on the move
Old 29-12-2017, 08:30 PM   #114

can xiaomi earphones trigger the hi-fi quad dac on LG G6?
rerear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2017, 10:21 PM   #115

Jabra Elite Sport offers balanced audio across the frequency. Good plushy bass and forward mids and sufficiently clear treble, similar sound signature as the Jabra Sport Pulse. Very tight fit on the ears, like wearing CIEM.

I am testing this, Beoplay E8, Samsung IconX at the same time. Jabra is my preferred and comes with coach voice features and heart-rate monitor.

Beoplay E8 is slightly more exciting sound, with slight V-shaped frequency, clear treble and responsive bass. Design-wise, it is the nicest.

IconX is the worst, when testing with non-Samsung phones, audio quality is very poor. But the advantage is in-ear storage.
Just finished a proper review of the Beoplay E8 and the Jabra Elite Sport. Both are neck-to-neck as my favourites.

The E8 has one small drawback: some phones I connected to does not deliver good audio quality, while Elite Sport seems to be good with all the phones I tested with.

Also, Elite Sport has a lot more tech like HRM, accelerometer, the app that provides voice coach, etc. But between the 2, I would rather wear the E8 because it's more comfortable and not so chunky. The audio is also more transparent and spatial, while the Elite Sport is cosier and more mid-forward.

Beoplay E8 Review: http://musicphotolife.com/2017/12/be...ess-earphones/

Jabra Elite Sport Review: http://musicphotolife.com/2017/12/ja...ports-earbuds/
Old 31-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #116
Honorary Member

Just received my iconx 2018.

Connection and pairing is super easy, just open the case and it's automatically paired to my phone already.

But there's a slight issue with the Samsung gear app. Despite the earbuds are already connected to the phone, I would need a few attempts to re connect on the app to make the app shows that the iconx is connected. Anyone using iconx have encounter this?
Old 01-01-2018, 04:00 PM   #117

Happy New Ear 2018!

Old 01-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #118
Arch-Supremacy Member

I saw this on hwz fb. Anyone tested before?
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-...-price-airpods

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:17 AM   #119
Arch-Supremacy Member

I saw this on hwz fb. Anyone tested before?
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-...-price-airpods

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
Thanks for sharing. Just hooted one to try
Silvialite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:54 AM   #120
Supremacy Member

can xiaomi earphones trigger the hi-fi quad dac on LG G6?
HiFi Quad DAC is always triggered when a headphone or IEM is plugged in, High Impedance mode is triggered with IEM's or headphones with 50 Ohm impedance or higher. then there's the 'External Device' mode and lastly, 'Normal' mode. So, High Impedance has the most juice, followed by External Device which is a mid-power setting, 'Normal' is the weakest. There's a way to trick the phone into going to External Device mode for a little more power for headphones with less than 50 Ohm impedance....
Gaminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.