HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xiaomi piston V2.0 gold

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2014, 09:37 AM   #1

Xiaomi piston V2.0 gold

Thread closed

Last edited by ilovekitty; 21-04-2014 at 08:28 PM..
ilovekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #2

anyone bought this? can start review?

Just got mine through Groupon waiting for delivery. Care to share wherr you got yours and how much?
kurenai_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #3

Quite few of us here have them.
I bought mine from ibuygou for US$25 including delivery.
More reviews and user impressions at headfi forum
Aegis_Yeo likes this.
widget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #4
Master Member

Just got mine through Groupon waiting for delivery. Care to share wherr you got yours and how much?
Groupon? Most likely fake since sold by ext merchants.. The price and product dun seem right cos the original charges differently for the gold and normal one.
BlitzStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #5

i bought mine in Taipei... supposed to retail for NT$499 but the cheapest I got was at NT$650 which puts it at around S$29

for that price, these ear buds are "disposable" and I put it to "rough" use it in the gym and daily commuting. I doubt I can find anything better sounding for S$29 (maybe the TDK TH-EC200?)

the wires uses a fabric cord so it doesn't get entangled that easily. The forward / back buttons are advertised to work on the iPhone 5/5S but does nothing on my 5S. The stop button and mic works though

hopefully Xiaomi will officially bring these earbuds locally as part of the accessories for their range of phones here
arbuthen and Aegis_Yeo like this.
uzzikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 01:21 AM   #6

Didn't know groupon also sell fake stuff.
Old 25-03-2014, 01:35 AM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

i just bought mine for $40 from a person on this forum. not bad for the price.
but then i just realized groupon has them for $18.90. if that is real one, i think i got owned.
aerosmiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 04:06 AM   #8
Master Member

Didn't know groupon also sell fake stuff.
It's the sellers who are selling on Groupon platform. And usually Groupon dun really do background check. As long as they have good sales and they will probably close 1 eye..
Old 25-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #9

It's the sellers who are selling on Groupon platform. And usually Groupon dun really do background check. As long as they have good sales and they will probably close 1 eye..
Thanks for the explanation...learn something new.....hope mine is the real thing
Old 25-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #10

bought from a red shirt chubby guy yesterday?? i also bought a 40 bucks ones yesterday. from the sound of it should be authentic ones i guess?
Zantesuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2014, 01:10 AM   #11

Any idea how to tell if it's fake?
Old 26-03-2014, 02:05 AM   #12

如何分辨真假活塞耳机?*品对比山寨活塞耳机 - 小米手机官方论坛

I have already emailed Groupons, if it is fake i will cancel my order.
Old 26-03-2014, 02:29 AM   #13
Master Member

Thanks for the explanation...learn something new.....hope mine is the real thing
Any idea how to tell if it's fake?
如何分辨真假活塞耳机?*品对比山寨活塞耳机 - 小米手机官方论坛

I have already emailed Groupons, if it is fake i will cancel my order.
Xiaomi biz model does not include resellers so there wont be resellers/retailers/distributors rate. Since Xiaomi does not allow resellers, the only way to get their products is to buy from Xiaomi website.

Each Xiaomi acct only allows 2 purchases of gold piston. If the seller sold 100 gold pistons, he needs to have 50 accts to buy 100 gold pistion which is already quite troublesome. Takes time and effort which is not profitable..

Xiaomi gold piston costs RMB99 which is around SGD$20. This does NOT include shipping from China to Singapore. For example if we exclude shipping in this case for simple calculation, cost price of 1 gold piston is set at SGD$20.

Groupon commission is 25%, rarely 20% unless the sale v v good and the negotiation is done nicely.

If we take Groupon commission as 20% for simple calculation, since it is sold at $18.90, seller will only earn $15.12. The maths dun seems right as the cost price for 1 gold piston is already SGD$20 without shipping(from china to sg).

And this is excluding the shipping costs, the import tax, the labour/time/effort needed and etc.

So my conclusion based on the above figures highly suggest it is a fake. The conclusion is based on my calculation and assumption and does not represent anybody or any entity. Thank you
Salapi and urutoraman like this.
Old 26-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #14

Things are often less straightforward than what was described, especially in a place like China. I did not buy my Pistons from Xiaomi directly but they are genuine. Besides "passing" my ear test, I had compared detailed photos/write-up from the web how to spot for a non-authentic product.

As to your Groupon comments earlier and below, I suggest you do not allege to anything relating to another party unless you are privy to some information that is not common knowledge. Putting a disclaimer may have alleviated this somewhat.

Xiaomi biz model does not include resellers so there wont be resellers/retailers/distributors rate. Since Xiaomi does not allow resellers, the only way to get their products is to buy from Xiaomi website.

Each Xiaomi acct only allows 2 purchases of gold piston. If the seller sold 100 gold pistons, he needs to have 50 accts to buy 100 gold pistion which is already quite troublesome. Takes time and effort which is not profitable..

Xiaomi gold piston costs RMB99 which is around SGD$20. This does NOT include shipping from China to Singapore. For example if we exclude shipping in this case for simple calculation, cost price of 1 gold piston is set at SGD$20.

Groupon commission is 25%, rarely 20% unless the sale v v good and the negotiation is done nicely.

If we take Groupon commission as 20% for simple calculation, since it is sold at $18.90, seller will only earn $15.12. The maths dun seems right as the cost price for 1 gold piston is already SGD$20 without shipping(from china to sg).

And this is excluding the shipping costs, the import tax, the labour/time/effort needed and etc.

So my conclusion based on the above figures highly suggest it is a fake. The conclusion is based on my calculation and assumption and does not represent anybody or any entity. Thank you
percivale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2014, 11:06 PM   #15

I emailed groupon today regarding whether the earphones are original. Below is their reply.

Thanks for your email

Our products are definitely authentic

If there are problems with the item you receive, just let us know and we will assist you further.

Kind regards,

Marco
Groupon Loyalty Team
Support email: support@groupon.sg
Support No: +65 6430 3355, 9.30am- 6pm, 7 days a week

Check out our awesome deals today at Deals for up to 70% discount. Find your deal at Groupon.sg!
Like us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/groupon.singapore
Follow us on Twitter, http://twitter.com/GrouponSG

This email is a service from Groupon Singapore Customer Service.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.