Your thoughts between Chord Hugo vs HDVD 800 for HD800 ?

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As above; using it at the same time as a Desktop USB DAC too. Any feedback is appreciated :)

crazypaladin

Reaction score
Go for Hugo. It's more versatile and you can use it with lots of gears. I have the Hugo and it can drive the HD800 without a problem

smhousefly

Reaction score
As above; using it at the same time as a Desktop USB DAC too. Any feedback is appreciated :)

The Sennheiser HD800 sounds great with the Chord Hugo. I don't own them though. Only had the chance for a brief audition while I was at Stereo.

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the cost of a Hugo or HDVD800, perhaps can consider breaking up into 2 separate boxes.

Nitrile

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i'm running hd800 out of a mojo and it sounds sweet.

for the price of a hugo, i can get much better stuff i think -.-

like a gumby + valhalla2 or liquid carbon

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks and appreciate for all the advise.. after some consideration decide to get HDVD800 for synergy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.