[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just buy off the sushi stall la. i just eat some in moderation. try try nia.

so do you couple the potato starch with the sushi rice?
i read the article carey posted, the writer ate potato starch first, followed by rice.
from some articles i read, sushi rice actually contain rice vinegar which also has sugar inside, so the carbs contain of a sushi might be higher than typical white rice.
but then again, japanese are one of the healthies folks around. you can see those old ah ma still standing strong in a train. and most train stations in japan do not have many escalator, its just staircase and staircase.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So between charsiew and roast pork, roast pork is better because charsiew got more sugar on its sauce and coating?

b happy

Banned
Reaction score
i read the article carey posted, the writer ate potato starch first, followed by rice.
from some articles i read, sushi rice actually contain rice vinegar which also has sugar inside, so the carbs contain of a sushi might be higher than typical white rice.
but then again, japanese are one of the healthies folks around. you can see those old ah ma still standing strong in a train. and most train stations in japan do not have many escalator, its just staircase and staircase.
Sushi, Ramen, tempura! Those people live the longest! But not in their world, LCHF is immortal technique! Haha!

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
i started to introduce some sushi rice into my meals on occasional basis. so far, feels good about this introduction. of cos, sushi rice is known at RS3 (type 3 resistant starch)

sushi rice definitely tastes better than raw potato starch in water, but can put in scrambled eggs!

Everybody: Why Resistant Starch Has to Be Raw & Cold | Free The Animal

Richard Nikoley say in the comments below that "Scambled eggs are probably not hot enough to destroy much of the RS. What I’d do is turn off the heat, add in a pat of butter or, the old fashioned way is you withhold about 2T worth of the egg and put that in to stop the cooking. Once that’s done, should be cool enough to add the PS. To make sure, do all the foregoing, plate it (cools even more), then measure with a therm. If under 140, you’re good. Even if not, the PS itself will cool the mixture so you might be converting some to rapid starch but certainly not all."

seems like a little heat doesn't matter. more research are still on going.

Are the carbs in vegetables the same cooked or uncooked?

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
So between charsiew and roast pork, roast pork is better because charsiew got more sugar on its sauce and coating?
no only sugar !

char siew is marinated before cooking...

it's commonly marinated with Chinese soy sauce (contains wheat), dark soy sauce and oyster sauce (contains sugar, molasses, corn starch), and red colouring.

Eien_kisu

Reaction score

Sadly... Obesity on the rise as Japanese eat more Western-style food | The Japan Times

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
Sushi, Ramen, tempura! Those people live the longest! But not in their world, LCHF is immortal technique! Haha!

coming from u

mj-laughing.gif

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

anyway, its not about carbs. its about what goes into your food, your lifestyle.

japanese have one of the best beef, reason because they are grass fed.
even the milk and butter.. its so good.
most of their food doesnt have much seasoning, even if, they used tamari soya sauce which is better also.
their food outside are always served in small serving, small bowls, small burger (mos burger). even their mcdonald's burger are the same size as mos burger.
green tea with no sugar.
most of their interchange station, from circle line to south bound line, you have to walk a very very long distance to reach. the way things are built aid their citizens to exercise more.
even their smoking area are very very few. you cant smoke in public in japan. i think this point, deter people from even thinking to smoke.

carbs probably is just 1 small percentage of their overall meal. they eat carbs, but they dont have addition preservatives or sugar etc.

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
anyway, its not about carbs. its about what goes into your food, your lifestyle.

japanese have one of the best beef, reason because they are grass fed.
even the milk and butter.. its so good.
most of their food doesnt have much seasoning, even if, they used tamari soya sauce which is better also.
their food outside are always served in small serving, small bowls, small burger (mos burger). even their mcdonald's burger are the same size as mos burger.
green tea with no sugar.
most of their interchange station, from circle line to south bound line, you have to walk a very very long distance to reach. the way things are built aid their citizens to exercise more.
even their smoking area are very very few. you cant smoke in public in japan. i think this point, deter people from even thinking to smoke.

carbs probably is just 1 small percentage of their overall meal. they eat carbs, but they dont have addition preservatives or sugar etc.

dont bother explaining to someone who hasnt even experienced love

does he even bother to read medical journals

mj-laughing.gif

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i started to introduce some sushi rice into my meals on occasional basis. so far, feels good about this introduction. of cos, sushi rice is known at RS3 (type 3 resistant starch)

Need to cool first then can become RS3...hahah

Thinking of making my own chicken rice and let it cool overnight in the fridge

Next day can make fried rice :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.