[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This doctor on chn 8 is saying that actually majority of people doesn't have to take carbs and sugar for energy!!

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

his results are very much in line with Phil Maffetone's theories on running etc.. and guess what.. he also advocates reducing carbs/sugars..

Some further reading for those interested in aerobic/endurance training;

"Maffetone is concerned about stress in the athlete. This stress can be mental, emotional, or physical. When an athlete trains anaerobically he produces stress and burns glucose. When he drinks coffee he produces a chemical stress. When he eats carbohydrates, he stimulates insulin, burns the sugar quickly and then is left depleted. Maffetone believes triathletes need to get 99.9% of their energy from the aerobic system that is primarily fat-burning. A trained aerobic system results in better circulation, better immunity to disease and better joint support. He says that when the athlete burns more fat (through aerobic training), he has less body fat and burns less glucose.
Phil Maffetone - 2 Week Test

http://content.bandzoogle.com/users/cippianhotmail/files/Want_Speed_Slow_Down_2007.pdf

Last edited:

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

his results are very much in line with Phil Maffetone's theories on running etc.. and guess what.. he also advocates reducing carbs/sugars..

Some further reading for those interested in aerobic/endurance training;

Phil Maffetone - 2 Week Test

http://content.bandzoogle.com/users/cippianhotmail/files/Want_Speed_Slow_Down_2007.pdf

i think mr bitter is almost in a sprint (anaerobic) liao.

7 mins/mile can easily hit 10mins for 2.4km leh.

i may be wrong though.

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think mr bitter is almost in a sprint (anaerobic) liao.

7 mins/mile can easily hit 10mins for 2.4km leh.

i may be wrong though.

IIRC, 75% is the threshold for anaerobic activity. plus given his level of training, his HR for the aerobic zone of training is most probably higher than average.
7min miles gives a 10min30s 2.4..

alamak, just read the comments, his HR for the max fat-burning corresponds with the Maffetone heart-rate MAF zone: http://philmaffetone.com/maf-test

NyWnrJs.png

Last edited:

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IIRC, 75% is the threshold for anaerobic activity. plus given his level of training, his HR for the aerobic zone of training is most probably higher than average.

ya hor, dependent on individual.

Jay Bee

Banned
Reaction score
spammed bacon and meat in korean bbq today yum yum..... but all the oil dripped away....

john hanley

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jin elite, qbfood?

Yesh de QBfood, Fishery port and Cold storage/ Market place are my usual food restock establishments :o

Gonna try out swiss butchery and Hubers soon :s12::s12::s12:

They have Argentinian Grass-fed beef :love::love::love:

But very expensive :sad:

saiyan2005

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so any bacon brand to recommend?? yesterday went cold storage. cannot find their house brand leh. i alrdy shortlisted one brand but that quite expensive.

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
normally i cook it in black vinegar instead due to dark soy sauce and the need of sugar in making things braised.

You cook in black vinegar without sugar!?:eek: Like this nice meh?

Black vinegar for pork trotters are usually of the sweeter variant. I actually think those dark soy braised pork trotters contains less sugar if ownself cook as sugar in this case is highly optional.

Can share your recipe for sugarless black vinegar pork trotter? Would like to try it one of these days;)

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yesh de QBfood, Fishery port and Cold storage/ Market place are my usual food restock establishments :o

Gonna try out swiss butchery and Hubers soon

They have Argentinian Grass-fed beef :love::love::love:

But very expensive :sad:

you eastie or westie?

You cook in black vinegar without sugar!?:eek: Like this nice meh?

Black vinegar for pork trotters are usually of the sweeter variant. I actually think those dark soy braised pork trotters contains less sugar if ownself cook as sugar in this case is highly optional.

Can share your recipe for sugarless black vinegar pork trotter? Would like to try it one of these days

black vinegar
ginger (smashed, dried and fried)
pig trotters
hard boiled eggs
tough cut meat

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.