HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

Like Tree2030Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2014, 06:34 AM   #4246
High Supremacy Member

Basically to build muscles you have to:

Eat a caloric surplus(eat big to get big)
Do more compound exercises - StrongLifts 5x5: A Simple Workout To Get Stronger
Try to limit your cardio level
Get sufficient rest

LCHF nutrition-wise(with regards to building muscles), there are others more qualified to answer your questions
eat when you are hungry, stop when you are full.

overeating will grow fat one.

5x5 is good. but a note is, muscles may not get bigger, but rather, denser. ability to lift heavy stuff > size of muscles.
twinings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #4247
High Supremacy Member

Dr. Nick's Running Blog – Two year long case study demonstrating an increase in arch height from running in minimalist shoes.
Old 26-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #4248
High Supremacy Member

folding paper aeroplanes now!

from:https://www.facebook.com/AuthorityNutrition?fref=photo
Eien_kisu and Isabella_ like this.
Old 26-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #4249
Supremacy Member

Wah....farmers union greek yoghurt in NTUC increase price from 7 plus....to 8.40...sibei jialat
try another equivalent: dairy farmers greek style yogurt lor.

dark blue color container

selling at $7.40 at Sheng Siong. using POSB credit for extra 5% off.
Qingrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 10:11 AM   #4250
Master Member

this one not related to lchf, but towards exercise since I know many people here are quite knowledgeable.

My chest area can't seem to get bigger, no matter what I do.

I do squats, overhead and deadlift/rows but it can't seem to get past a certain point. Other parts of my body still ok, can see more defined but not my chest. My arms also can't seem to get bigger.

Any suggestions? Is bench press the most effective? I didn't do it cause no bench and space at home.
alwaysnforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #4251
Master Member

eat when you are hungry, stop when you are full.

overeating will grow fat one.

5x5 is good. but a note is, muscles may not get bigger, but rather, denser. ability to lift heavy stuff > size of muscles.
My thought was that since his body mass is quite small, he should eat more to bulk up. Of course the food he eats must eat clean.

Anyway LCHF hard to overeat if you follow the 65:30:5 ratio Or for his case maybe can up the ratio of the protein intake if he hits the gym frequently.
zedane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #4252
Master Member

Simi 65:30:5

And my body mass is that small meh!

LCHF diet: 65% fats, 30% protein, 5% carbs.

Front page got helpful resources. Can read some before you embark on this journey
Old 26-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #4253
High Supremacy Member

this one not related to lchf, but towards exercise since I know many people here are quite knowledgeable.

I do squats, overhead and deadlift/rows but it can't seem to get past a certain point. Other parts of my body still ok, can see more defined but not my chest. My arms also can't seem to get bigger.

Any suggestions? Is bench press the most effective? I didn't do it cause no bench and space at home.
Incline and decline bench press......wide arm push ups do as sloooooowly as possible......dumbbell chest flys
john hanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #4254
Banned

Want to grow chest... Bench press, chest flies, dips. 3 basic exercises. Trains ur triceps too.

If using body weight then push ups. But do harder variants. Push ups take a longer time tho
aaur4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #4255
Master Member

thanks guys. i will buy dumbbells so i can do fly at home.

if just do fly without bench press it will work too? My only condition is workout at home, so I can't have bench press cause too much space for it.
alwaysnforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 12:20 PM   #4256
Banned

thanks guys. i will buy dumbbells so i can do fly at home.

if just do fly without bench press it will work too? My only condition is workout at home, so I can't have bench press cause too much space for it.
Then use the dumbbells for press lor. Just that u will soon max out and need heavier
aaur4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 01:08 PM   #4257
High Supremacy Member

Can eat like a few big spoons of Nutella since its fat content is kind of high?
You know the answer....NO!

Absolutely DO NOT get into this lifestyle change halfheartedly......you'll be wrecking your health much worse than if you were to eat following the conventional Singaporean way.........

Sugar/refined carbs and high fats taken together is an absolute nono.........you'll ruin your health faster............

You're either doing this 100% or DO NOT DO THIS AT ALL!!!
Eien_kisu likes this.
john hanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #4258
Master Member

Can eat like a few big spoons of Nutella since its fat content is kind of high?
Maybe you can use the recipe that carey provided in the earlier post.

And eat the home-made nutella only as a treat. No few big spoons IIRC that recipe if you eat 1tbs(15g) is already equivalent to 6-7g of carbs/sugar.

But most importantly, your sugar intake should come mainly from vegetables and fruits(sparingly) with low glycemic load. This is more of a lifestyle than a diet so you gotta switch your mentality
Old 26-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #4259
Master Member

Push ups are effective only if you can add weights as easily as for bench presses. Do some research on the various forms of push ups as well. It is a very versatile exercise. Push ups are also great for training your core if you do it in good form.

Some suggestions would be donning a weighted vest, asking someone to put weight plates on your back, legs elevated push ups. To get a wider range of motion, you can also put some distance between your hands and the floor i.e. using a push up stand.
Old 26-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #4260

Wah....farmers union greek yoghurt in NTUC increase price from 7 plus....to 8.40...sibei jialat
i know right.
Eien_kisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.