[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

lee_tired_sheep

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, it has been quite a journey for me

While I am mostly sticking to LCHF/paleo/primal principles, I have started to look into other new ideas (contrary to what someone claims I am "dead against" new ideas/info)

I will share these new ideas after I tried them out on myself - those who know me in real life will know that I am always sharing new ideas :s13:

I'm guessing... Resistant starches?

Fennel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello fitzais and yandaos

My dad is in his late 50s, diabetic and has persistent heart problems. He's been super obsessed with diet but not going down the right path (because of what docs have been telling him all these years etc). He eats like, a huge plate of fruits for lunch (ick) that kind of thing and avoids fats like a plague . I wanna intro him LCHF cuz it's better for both his health and sanity

U all got any great articles on LCHF for seniors and diabetics? I've some google links on my side but wondering if u guys have additional info

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
google georginapoh
hmmm she fills her stomach up with fruits and veg... what I did last time, but I was very lethargic always, and gets hungry about every 3 hours. Maybe girls lower muscle mass, easier to maintain? some people are just born lean.

EatSnakeWarrior

Honorary Member
Reaction score
For blogs I follow her
BbhWY0d.jpg

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm she fills her stomach up with fruits and veg... what I did last time, but I was very lethargic always, and gets hungry about every 3 hours. Maybe girls lower muscle mass, easier to maintain? some people are just born lean.

she has some recipes like salmon, turkey bacon and eggs. so i think she is on a low carb high protein diet.
but i envy girls with bodies like her haha

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
Hello fitzais and yandaos

My dad is in his late 50s, diabetic and has persistent heart problems. He's been super obsessed with diet but not going down the right path (because of what docs have been telling him all these years etc). He eats like, a huge plate of fruits for lunch (ick) that kind of thing and avoids fats like a plague . I wanna intro him LCHF cuz it's better for both his health and sanity

U all got any great articles on LCHF for seniors and diabetics? I've some google links on my side but wondering if u guys have additional info

In this documentary, the people in the experiment has heart problems.. They mentioned that they felt much better:

hope this little info helps your dad. Is he type 1 or 2?

My mum's TYPE 2 diabetic too.. I understand it's very difficult to convince older generation to change their mind. Will you buy a glucometer to monitor his blood glucose for him as to proof to him lchf works? fish oil supplements are always good for heart I read.

aaur4man

Banned
Reaction score
Hello buibuis

i have the exact same problem as u. i cannot change the mindset of my parents. my dad has cardiac problems and one day i went to his heart doctor and challenged his wisdom. but i failed. doctor is obese and has heavy breathing. i am so heart pain for my dad who is taking medicine from this guy.

my parents are chinese educated, but i suck at chinese words on nutrition. if ur parents are too, perhaps u can find chinese articles on lchf. i haven been lucky so far.

besides my dad and me, everyone in my family is obese. i can only hope that they see me make a difference and follow suit.

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
here's a female paleo blog for some recipe ideas.
for females who prefer not to eat sio bak everyday haha.

Paleo Princess Recipes - Blog and Recipes

oh ya dont flame me again haha i know paleo is a little different from lchf but the base is the same

Last edited:

Fennel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

In this documentary, the people in the experiment has heart problems.. They mentioned that they felt much better:

hope this little info helps your dad. Is he type 1 or 2?

My mum's TYPE 2 diabetic too.. I understand it's very difficult to convince older generation to change their mind. Will you buy a glucometer to monitor his blood glucose for him as to proof to him lchf works? fish oil supplements are always good for heart I read.

Thanks for the videos! Those will help. He's type 2 also... yah lor, after so many years of docs telling him stuff.. Good thing that LCHF is having wider reach for young ppl these days. I wish the older gen won't just dismiss them as "fad diets"

i have the exact same problem as u. i cannot change the mindset of my parents. my dad has cardiac problems and one day i went to his heart doctor and challenged his wisdom. but i failed. doctor is obese and has heavy breathing. i am so heart pain for my dad who is taking medicine from this guy.

my parents are chinese educated, but i suck at chinese words on nutrition. if ur parents are too, perhaps u can find chinese articles on lchf. i haven been lucky so far.

besides my dad and me, everyone in my family is obese. i can only hope that they see me make a difference and follow suit.

Yah exactly. It's working for the younger generation like my 40 y/o bro-in-law (he also cutting down on carbs and eating more healthy fats just by observing my progress) , like you said, the only way is for them to see the difference and determination in us to be convinced. Slowly la, like getting paleo/lchf cookbooks for my mum and sis to follow. I somewhat guilt-trip them by always cooking dinner for myself and not eating their cooking :p Think they're getting the message

soggy_hASHbrown

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from buibui to fitfit i finally did it!!!!!!!!!!

from 80kg high body fats slim down to 68kg then gain to 72kg , while maintaining and building muscle mass, LCHF has improved my life by a whole mile!

i have better muscle definition and maturity, i dont need to exercises indefinitely just so i will be slim, and never count calories!

Next step in my life will be a much denser body, and embark on a spiritual journey!

all the perspiration, blood, and tears in the dark corners, all the verbal abuses, these experiences have moulded me into who i am today, stronger, faster, sharper than ever.

there are people who think.
there are people who think, and talk.
but only those who think, reflect, say AND practise what they preach, can make a difference.

be a DOER! make you your own statement!

H8A4QvD.jpg

ESIJR1q.jpg
NEW Fapping material!

soggy_hASHbrown

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was on a low fat low carb vegetarian diet for about 2 years... i only eat meat during weekends.. after 2 years i lost 2kg of muscles. Then I chanced upon jolly's speech on intermittent fasting on The 21 Convention and lchf. I start my journey on lchf and never turned back since.
many years ago, i also went vegetarian with my parents.

Become round like rubber ball.

twinings

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So many testimonial. :eek:

Include mine.

On lchf for 13 months, weight increased from 60 to 65kg. :eek:

Waist from 31 to the current 29" :s34:

b happy

Banned
Reaction score
Any nutritionist and doctors around? I didn't know an epilepsy diet could change the world. How is this any better than a balance diet?

Lecundra

Reaction score
Any nutritionist and doctors around? I didn't know an epilepsy diet could change the world. How is this any better than a balance diet?

what's your definition of a balanced diet? equal ratio?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.