[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since i sprain my leg at trampoline park, which stop my running routine.. i have been doing 7 min workout for the past 3 weeks...

From 1 set to 2 set for the past 2 days..

Did it every day before bathe..

1.7m.., seen my weight drop below 69kg... usually its abt 70 to 71...

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since i sprain my leg at trampoline park, which stop my running routine.. i have been doing 7 min workout for the past 3 weeks...

From 1 set to 2 set for the past 2 days..

Did it every day before bathe..

1.7m.., seen my weight drop below 69kg... usually its abt 70 to 71...

My advice would be to ignore the weighing scale; instead, use the measuring tape - if you are losing fat, your waist would be losing inches; if your waist isn't shrinking & you're losing weight, it means you're not losing fat but lean muscle mass.

Metabolic resistance training (which is akin to HIIT), done every alternate day,is the best way to lose fat & maintain/gain lean muscle mass at the same time.

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My advice would be to ignore the weighing scale; instead, use the measuring tape - if you are losing fat, your waist would be losing inches; if your waist isn't shrinking & you're losing weight, it means you're not losing fat but lean muscle mass.

Metabolic resistance training (which is akin to HIIT), done every alternate day,is the best way to lose fat & maintain/gain lean muscle mass at the same time.

Hmm.. will look for a tape..
I doing everyday... dunno whether ok or not... since 7 or 14 min only, that y i try to do everyday...

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. will look for a tape..
I doing everyday... dunno whether ok or not... since 7 or 14 min only, that y i try to do everyday...

If you are doing HIIT, do alternate days otherwise you'll overtrain & burn out. But for HIIT to be effective, you need to increase the timings for each set & decrease the rest timings as you progress, otherwise it won't be effective. Eg for burpees, if you start with a 30 sec exercise 30 rest mode, you need to slowly increase the exercise timing to 60 sec; once you can do that for 20 min straight, then decrease rest timing to 15 sec. You can also make it more demanding by adding a pushup & a jump to each burpee.

saiyan2005

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are doing HIIT, do alternate days otherwise you'll overtrain & burn out. But for HIIT to be effective, you need to increase the timings for each set & decrease the rest timings as you progress, otherwise it won't be effective. Eg for burpees, if you start with a 30 sec exercise 30 rest mode, you need to slowly increase the exercise timing to 60 sec; once you can do that for 20 min straight, then decrease rest timing to 15 sec. You can also make it more demanding by adding a pushup & a jump to each burpee.

ya i tried burpee hiits yesterday cos of rain(cant go sprinting) it is a gd workout but best to wear a shoes cos i do till my leg area skin peel

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What about do 20 rest and repeat x3?

For HIIT, u have to do it until u can't go on anymore. If u are a beginner, 3 sets of 30 sec exercise & 30 sec rest is OK. But as u progress u MUST increase both the no of sets & exercise timing per set otherwise u will stagnate.

honeyNsugar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For HIIT, u have to do it until u can't go on anymore. If u are a beginner, 3 sets of 30 sec exercise & 30 sec rest is OK. But as u progress u MUST increase both the no of sets & exercise timing per set otherwise u will stagnate.
I'm still a beginner .. Currently I do Until very tiring . But will increase the rep as I get more used to it

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm still a beginner .. Currently I do Until very tiring . But will increase the rep as I get more used to it

Start slow - basic bodyweight exercises to build up some strength in your core first then try HIIT

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just a word of caution: please do not workout every day; HITT uses anearobic pathways just like resistance training so training every alternate day would enable you to progress & recover.

saiyan2005

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Start slow - basic bodyweight exercises to build up some strength in your core first then try HIIT

i agree yesterday tried hmm not as tiring as i tot just shag. due bodyweight training i do i guess haha

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, besides working out, I'd also advise you all to stretch & do foam rolling on your non-workout days; helps with recovery & eases sore muscles.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.