LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #61
Supremacy Member

*eyes big big* what's her blog?
google georginapoh
Old 05-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #62
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyway, it has been quite a journey for me

While I am mostly sticking to LCHF/paleo/primal principles, I have started to look into other new ideas (contrary to what someone claims I am "dead against" new ideas/info)

I will share these new ideas after I tried them out on myself - those who know me in real life will know that I am always sharing new ideas
I'm guessing... Resistant starches?
lee_tired_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #63
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hello fitzais and yandaos

My dad is in his late 50s, diabetic and has persistent heart problems. He's been super obsessed with diet but not going down the right path (because of what docs have been telling him all these years etc). He eats like, a huge plate of fruits for lunch (ick) that kind of thing and avoids fats like a plague . I wanna intro him LCHF cuz it's better for both his health and sanity

U all got any great articles on LCHF for seniors and diabetics? I've some google links on my side but wondering if u guys have additional info
Old 05-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #64

google georginapoh
hmmm she fills her stomach up with fruits and veg... what I did last time, but I was very lethargic always, and gets hungry about every 3 hours. Maybe girls lower muscle mass, easier to maintain? some people are just born lean.
Eien_kisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #65
Honorary Member

For blogs I follow her
EatSnakeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:47 PM   #66
Supremacy Member

hmmm she fills her stomach up with fruits and veg... what I did last time, but I was very lethargic always, and gets hungry about every 3 hours. Maybe girls lower muscle mass, easier to maintain? some people are just born lean.
she has some recipes like salmon, turkey bacon and eggs. so i think she is on a low carb high protein diet.
but i envy girls with bodies like her haha
Eien_kisu likes this.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #67

Hello fitzais and yandaos

My dad is in his late 50s, diabetic and has persistent heart problems. He's been super obsessed with diet but not going down the right path (because of what docs have been telling him all these years etc). He eats like, a huge plate of fruits for lunch (ick) that kind of thing and avoids fats like a plague . I wanna intro him LCHF cuz it's better for both his health and sanity

U all got any great articles on LCHF for seniors and diabetics? I've some google links on my side but wondering if u guys have additional info

In this documentary, the people in the experiment has heart problems.. They mentioned that they felt much better:

hope this little info helps your dad. Is he type 1 or 2?

My mum's TYPE 2 diabetic too.. I understand it's very difficult to convince older generation to change their mind. Will you buy a glucometer to monitor his blood glucose for him as to proof to him lchf works? fish oil supplements are always good for heart I read.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #68

you mean UCAN super starch?
Old 05-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #69
Banned

Hello buibuis

i have the exact same problem as u. i cannot change the mindset of my parents. my dad has cardiac problems and one day i went to his heart doctor and challenged his wisdom. but i failed. doctor is obese and has heavy breathing. i am so heart pain for my dad who is taking medicine from this guy.

my parents are chinese educated, but i suck at chinese words on nutrition. if ur parents are too, perhaps u can find chinese articles on lchf. i haven been lucky so far.

besides my dad and me, everyone in my family is obese. i can only hope that they see me make a difference and follow suit.
aaur4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #70
Supremacy Member

here's a female paleo blog for some recipe ideas.
for females who prefer not to eat sio bak everyday haha.

Paleo Princess Recipes - Blog and Recipes

oh ya dont flame me again haha i know paleo is a little different from lchf but the base is the same

Last edited by Isabella_; 05-03-2014 at 05:53 PM..
Isabella_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #71
Supremacy Member

Bookmark new thread
d515s23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #72
Arch-Supremacy Member

In this documentary, the people in the experiment has heart problems.. They mentioned that they felt much better:

hope this little info helps your dad. Is he type 1 or 2?

My mum's TYPE 2 diabetic too.. I understand it's very difficult to convince older generation to change their mind. Will you buy a glucometer to monitor his blood glucose for him as to proof to him lchf works? fish oil supplements are always good for heart I read.
Thanks for the videos! Those will help. He's type 2 also... yah lor, after so many years of docs telling him stuff.. Good thing that LCHF is having wider reach for young ppl these days. I wish the older gen won't just dismiss them as "fad diets"

i have the exact same problem as u. i cannot change the mindset of my parents. my dad has cardiac problems and one day i went to his heart doctor and challenged his wisdom. but i failed. doctor is obese and has heavy breathing. i am so heart pain for my dad who is taking medicine from this guy.

my parents are chinese educated, but i suck at chinese words on nutrition. if ur parents are too, perhaps u can find chinese articles on lchf. i haven been lucky so far.

besides my dad and me, everyone in my family is obese. i can only hope that they see me make a difference and follow suit.
Yah exactly. It's working for the younger generation like my 40 y/o bro-in-law (he also cutting down on carbs and eating more healthy fats just by observing my progress) , like you said, the only way is for them to see the difference and determination in us to be convinced. Slowly la, like getting paleo/lchf cookbooks for my mum and sis to follow. I somewhat guilt-trip them by always cooking dinner for myself and not eating their cooking Think they're getting the message
Old 05-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #73
Arch-Supremacy Member

from buibui to fitfit i finally did it!!!!!!!!!!

from 80kg high body fats slim down to 68kg then gain to 72kg , while maintaining and building muscle mass, LCHF has improved my life by a whole mile!

i have better muscle definition and maturity, i dont need to exercises indefinitely just so i will be slim, and never count calories!

Next step in my life will be a much denser body, and embark on a spiritual journey!

all the perspiration, blood, and tears in the dark corners, all the verbal abuses, these experiences have moulded me into who i am today, stronger, faster, sharper than ever.

there are people who think.
there are people who think, and talk.
but only those who think, reflect, say AND practise what they preach, can make a difference.

be a DOER! make you your own statement!

Spoiler!
NEW Fapping material!
Old 05-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #74
High Supremacy Member

You so smart haha

Or you stalking my FB?
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:10 PM   #75
Arch-Supremacy Member

I was on a low fat low carb vegetarian diet for about 2 years... i only eat meat during weekends.. after 2 years i lost 2kg of muscles. Then I chanced upon jolly's speech on intermittent fasting on The 21 Convention and lchf. I start my journey on lchf and never turned back since.
many years ago, i also went vegetarian with my parents.

Become round like rubber ball.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.