HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

Like Tree2030Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #1471

You are weird
nothing to do on the train. plan to listen to some podcasts.
Eien_kisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #1472

Zumba to me quite cheesy LOL .. yah dancing is really great and fun for ppl that hate jogging. I do latino aerobics. My class all aunties so no need to shy hahaha... even tho they dance much better than me
i dont. haha. too shy to dance around with strangers.
my friend do. and she looks good! arms and limbs all very tone
my gf zumba in some studio in chinatown.. pay per session $20.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #1473
High Supremacy Member

came across the article;

"Experts estimate that our ancestors consumed a one-to-one ratio of calories from meats to produce. Since you have to eat a lot of salad to consume the same amount of calories in a steak, the paleo diet should ideally include mostly fruits and vegetables, Katz says. However, many people don't realize that and eat too much meat.

Consuming excess protein and not enough carbs can cause kidney damage and also increase your risk of osteoporosis, Dr. Ochner says. Plus, since most of today's meats are higher in saturated fat than those of yesteryear, it can increase the risk of heart disease, Dr. Katz says."

so vege and meat should be a 1:1 ratio in all meals right?
and carbs they were referring to are those healthy carbs from veg?
Kidney damage no unless you have existing kidney problems.

Osteoporosis no And already debunked. On the contrary you need meat and innards for strong bones.

Last, sat fat and heart disease? Did you read the links on the first page?

Last edited by twinings; 12-03-2014 at 02:27 PM..
twinings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #1474

I am on 29th floor.. but I walk far for lunch.. haha.. and walked fast to and back.. hahahaha..

frankly I do feel different on lchf.. not sluggish.. and not sleep in the afternoon... so I feel the scales should move more.. but could be its still early stage and my body is readjusting...
jia you ah.

you can quit kopi siu dai in 3 weeks.

kopi siu dai was my drug. I finally made a decision to switch to kopi c kosong after quite some time. now used to it, kopi o kosong also can.
greengreengrass likes this.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:32 PM   #1475
Supremacy Member

Kidney damage no unless you have existing kidney problems.

Osteoporosis no And already debunked. On the contrary you need meat and innards for strong bones.

Last, sat fat and heart disease? Did you read the links on the first page?
yea
I was googling Paelo diet for my friends and came across this.
It's easier to convince them to go on paelo than lchf hence I happen to see this. and just wondering about the statement made by different article
Old 12-03-2014, 02:34 PM   #1476

yea
It's easier to convince them to go on paelo than lchf hence I happen to see this. and just wondering about the statement made by different article
cos ancestors don't eat big portions like modern people (especially americans).

we don't need a lot of protein.

"I’m not suggesting that you eat all the protein you want as long as you’re exercising or elderly. I’ve even softened my “high-protein” leanings over the years, advocating instead for a more moderate approach. One gram protein per pound of lean tissue is plenty for most active people, and many can get by on half that.

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/is-a-...#ixzz2vjBAEpGr"

http://chriskresser.com/how-to-preve...ones-naturally

http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.c...e-effects.html
"Dietitans will bring this side effect up when they are trying to convince people that ketogenic diets are dangerous. They base this on the reports of higher rates of calcium based kidney stones reported by physicians who administer ketogenic diets for children with epilepsy. The latest research on stone formation on ketogenic diets suggests that stones form more easily in the presence of not enough water, too much sodium and not enough potassium in the diet. See this paper. Low carb foods which are high in potassium include avocado, no or low fat yogurt, chicken, meats, fish and dark leafy greens.

So, there you are. These low carb diet side effects are just minor issues, and over a period of several weeks, they will get better and finally subside. After that, you ought to be feeling pretty darned good!"

Last edited by Eien_kisu; 12-03-2014 at 02:39 PM..
Old 12-03-2014, 02:41 PM   #1477
High Supremacy Member

yea
It's always easiest to let them see your before and after pictures la. Skeptical as they may be, blood test result and your new body look will smash their argument of saturated fat and protein as unhealthy.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #1478

yea
just show them a link to the first page of this forum.

if they don't bother to read, it means they are too ignorant. no need waste time to do these research for them.

i showed my friends this bacon bagel low carb infographic they don't even believe: http://gurumagazine.org/wp-content/u...o-Meals-v3.png
Isabella_ likes this.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #1479
Supremacy Member

cos ancestors don't eat big portions like modern people (especially americans).

we don't need a lot of protein.

"Iím not suggesting that you eat all the protein you want as long as youíre exercising or elderly. Iíve even softened my ďhigh-proteinĒ leanings over the years, advocating instead for a more moderate approach. One gram protein per pound of lean tissue is plenty for most active people, and many can get by on half that.

Read more: Is a High Protein Diet Really As Bad for You As Smoking? | Mark's Daily Apple"

How to Prevent Kidney Stones Naturally

Low Carb Diet Side Effects
"Dietitans will bring this side effect up when they are trying to convince people that ketogenic diets are dangerous. They base this on the reports of higher rates of calcium based kidney stones reported by physicians who administer ketogenic diets for children with epilepsy. The latest research on stone formation on ketogenic diets suggests that stones form more easily in the presence of not enough water, too much sodium and not enough potassium in the diet. See this paper. Low carb foods which are high in potassium include avocado, no or low fat yogurt, chicken, meats, fish and dark leafy greens.

So, there you are. These low carb diet side effects are just minor issues, and over a period of several weeks, they will get better and finally subside. After that, you ought to be feeling pretty darned good!"
i saw this part;

While eating Paleo does not equal low carb, itís a common situation, especially if someone is new to the diet and doesnít understand that foods like white potatoes are okay for most people to eat. (In fact, it might be good to alternate sweet potatoes with white potatoes regularly, since sweet potatoes are very high in oxalate which could contribute to stone formation!)

Jaminet recommends a minimum of 20% to 30% of energy intake coming from carbohydrates. (19) For a moderately active woman eating 2,000 calories per day, thatís 100-150 grams of carbohydrate from fruits, starchy vegetables like potatoes and sweet potatoes, white rice, and some dairy if tolerated. For a moderately active male eating 2600 calories, they might need more like 180-200 grams of carbohydrates per day.

so what's this about white potato and rice? ok to eat?
Old 12-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #1480
Supremacy Member

It's always easiest to let them see your before and after pictures la. Skeptical as they may be, blood test result and your new body look will smash their argument of saturated fat and protein as unhealthy.
they saw that i lose weight and several colleagues started talking about me some time back haha
but they kept saying that i eat like a goat?
MEH.
and is reluctant to convert. kept trying to tell me that without rice and bread they will get very hungry and their life is over.
so now im looking up articles and highlighting the main points for them. i tried pasting the links for them but they wont bother to read haha
Old 12-03-2014, 02:50 PM   #1481
Greater Supremacy Member

I believe what we most of the time practice here is Less then 50 (or 30?) Grams of Carbs per day (not including Fiber from Vegetables.)
Old 12-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #1482
High Supremacy Member

they saw that i lose weight and several colleagues started talking about me some time back haha
but they kept saying that i eat like a goat?
MEH.
and is reluctant to convert. kept trying to tell me that without rice and bread they will get very hungry and their life is over.
so now im looking up articles and highlighting the main points for them. i tried pasting the links for them but they wont bother to read haha
I don't actively go out convert people. I only told them my method if they want to know or to correct some of their misunderstandings. The way they brush it off means this is not suitable for them. Don't waste time and effort la. If they want they will try. I have a couple of friends who tried over the weekend and gave up while some argue about "low blood sugar".

Perhaps ignorance is really bliss.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #1483
Supremacy Member

I believe what we most of the time practice here is Less then 50 (or 30?) Grams of Carbs per day (not including Fiber from Vegetables.)
i think so. my sis told me to take less than 20gm of carbs a day. she says its the standard?
Old 12-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #1484
High Supremacy Member

Ketosis number 1!
Old 12-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #1485
Supremacy Member

I don't actively go out convert people. I only told them my method if they want to know or to correct some of their misunderstandings. The way they brush it off means this is not suitable for them. Don't waste time and effort la. If they want they will try. I have a couple of friends who tried over the weekend and gave up while some argue about "low blood sugar".

Perhaps ignorance is really bliss.
i try to share because they ask haha. they kept complaining about weight gain.. constipation.. feeling legartic after lunch..
but when i explain, they give me those excuses. =.=
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.