HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anytime Fitness Thread

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2015, 09:07 AM   #226

No such thing.

Only 1st mth you can't access to other gyms. I haven't been going to the place I sign up ever since 3rd mth cuz I realize there's an outlet closer to my house. Still pay $98 per mth.
My friend working as trainer there. Tats wat i was told.. hopefully its not true cause im paying 68 per mth, dont wana pay the full $$ just because i dont go to 'my' home gym.
toyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #227

My friend working as trainer there. Tats wat i was told.. hopefully its not true cause im paying 68 per mth, dont wana pay the full $$ just because i dont go to 'my' home gym.
I think the number of people tap on their door, is how they get their salary. According to their contract if you stop going to your 'home' gym they have the right to transfer your contract but I haven't encounter anything like that. Half a year gone and I still not sure how their systems work.
CPT.SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 09:34 PM   #228

Fitness first dont do this

I doubt they do this too...

If you have it in writing instead of saying it, then it'd be easier to believe...

Anyway at the end of 12months they have the right to increase price of those paying $68/$78/$88 which is what is more alarming to me...

I understand if they want to do inflation like FF but increasing at that type of rate would force me to reconsider...

The place u sign up will be yr home gym
U gt to attend at least 50% at home gym n the rest % at any outlet.
digiwahjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 10:16 PM   #229

Fitness first dont do this

I doubt they do this too...

If you have it in writing instead of saying it, then it'd be easier to believe...

Anyway at the end of 12months they have the right to increase price of those paying $68/$78/$88 which is what is more alarming to me...

I understand if they want to do inflation like FF but increasing at that type of rate would force me to reconsider...
Most if not all gyms don't do this except for AF. It could be because the branches are run by different franchisees so they need to find a way to fairly share the money.
Kangsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 01:12 AM   #230

Most if not all gyms don't do this except for AF. It could be because the branches are run by different franchisees so they need to find a way to fairly share the money.
That is exactly why they need to include other activities to attract people to the gym.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 01:37 AM   #231

That is exactly why they need to include other activities to attract people to the gym.
Sure why not?
They're organising classes for the ladies who are more likely to go for them than do resistance training.
Old 15-03-2015, 08:13 AM   #232

Most AF gyms do have free lessons on certain days.
Old 16-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #233
Great Supremacy Member

Most AF gyms do have free lessons on certain days.
kettle bell lesson on every Tuesday and Thursday @ 7 for my side
Old 16-03-2015, 12:43 PM   #234

I was using a international branch for a whole month at one point

But I do wanna see where it is written?

Old 16-03-2015, 03:16 PM   #235

kettle bell lesson on every Tuesday and Thursday @ 7 for my side
nice. do you follow that?

I've muay thai on friday but it's far from muay thai and more like street fight. Trainer said he's certified but the way he teach and holding the pad kinda questionable. I don't follow the lesson that often, only if I workout on friday night.
Old 16-03-2015, 10:41 PM   #236
Great Supremacy Member

nice. do you follow that?

I've muay thai on friday but it's far from muay thai and more like street fight. Trainer said he's certified but the way he teach and holding the pad kinda questionable. I don't follow the lesson that often, only if I workout on friday night.
I wish to try but my workout is program is plan for Monday to Fridays haha.

maybe my 2nf or 3th cycle I change program den see if I can add In that 2 kettle bell lesson

Last edited by BeaRzwalken; 16-03-2015 at 10:56 PM..
BeaRzwalken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 12:21 AM   #237

I was using a international branch for a whole month at one point

But I do wanna see where it is written?
You got it right.

This must be stated in the contract you signed & not based on what a friend or trainer said.

And based on the point, I guess your parent club is overseas now. It may even be cheaper for you.
Old 22-03-2015, 03:08 PM   #238

Anyone signed with the MacPherson outlet? Is it crowded say 7-8pm?
desmond321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:41 AM   #239

Btw

I've spoken to management on this rule on possible price increase...

They follow a 2 month period if you go to one gym more than your "home"gym your membership will get transferred to the gym you go to "most"in that 2 month period

This also means the money goes to the "new home"gym then they are able to charge you the newer higher rate if they deem fit

AMK is the top home gym currently

Food for thought guys

Its in our contracts too
Old 03-04-2015, 12:08 PM   #240

Btw

I've spoken to management on this rule on possible price increase...

They follow a 2 month period if you go to one gym more than your "home"gym your membership will get transferred to the gym you go to "most"in that 2 month period

This also means the money goes to the "new home"gym then they are able to charge you the newer higher rate if they deem fit

AMK is the top home gym currently

Food for thought guys

Its in our contracts too
Yes, most of us know this but we are still paying at the same rate so far.
Maybe it will affect those been offered promotion subscription on the gym they sign up.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.