HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anytime Fitness Thread

Like Tree105Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2018, 06:17 PM   #1051

Exclamation

Hi guys, I really need help.
I'm a female in my mid twenties and have gained about 12kg due to the medication I'm on for my chronic illness. I have tried different ways to lose weight (naturally) but haven't found anything that works.

I'm at my wits end, and am considering joining anytime fitness as there's one near my house. However, I have never been to a gym before and am quite nervous and scared because I have zero knowledge about equipment and exercises apart from the elliptical and treadmill. I am also terrified that people will judge me, like what is this fat bitch doing here.

TLDR;
I would like to ask you guys if you have any advice for a first time, overweight gym goer or any tips about weight loss. Should i get a personal trainer or would that be very expensive? Also for first time sign up how much will it cost? I can pay monthly right, or do i have to pay the fees for the full year?
Please help, I would really appreciate it! Thank you.
tryingandfailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 08:15 PM   #1052
Supremacy Member

Hi guys, is AF worth the money for skinny-fat newbies?
metamofia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 08:35 PM   #1053
Supremacy Member

All type of gyms are worth it for any people.
runningman.snsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 08:59 PM   #1054
Master Member

I'm a female in my mid twenties and have gained about 12kg due to the medication I'm on for my chronic illness. I have tried different ways to lose weight (naturally) but haven't found anything that works.

I'm at my wits end, and am considering joining anytime fitness as there's one near my house. However, I have never been to a gym before and am quite nervous and scared because I have zero knowledge about equipment and exercises apart from the elliptical and treadmill. I am also terrified that people will judge me, like what is this fat bitch doing here.

TLDR;
I would like to ask you guys if you have any advice for a first time, overweight gym goer or any tips about weight loss. Should i get a personal trainer or would that be very expensive? Also for first time sign up how much will it cost? I can pay monthly right, or do i have to pay the fees for the full year?
Google and educate yourself regarding your diet first!
you are what you eat. managing your diet first is the first step and best step to take.
e.g low carbs diet, burning off more than what you eat!

next, exercising. internet is a wide resource. youtube especially if you would like to learn simple basic exercises.
light jogging/weight exercises to get your body active and used to it before proceeding to more advanced exercises!

lastly, dont be afraid to go to the gym!
frankly, everyone is focussing on themselves and not other people.
people who give you funny looks are free to do so. remind yourself you are there for yourself! and people will respect others who take the first step to exercise. nothing to look down even if you are plus sized.
just take the first step by going in and doing your own workout! everywork out you do is a good workout (provided you have good form and a plan)

good luck and im sure there will be many who are willing to help you along the way.
memberships mostly can be paid monthly. and no you dont really need a fitness instructor unless you wish to.
i would say you would need more of a partner and motivator who have the same goals as you!
thegardens3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 11:21 PM   #1055

TLDR;
They have free 1 PT session.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
streamstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:53 PM   #1056

Hows the crowd at taman jurong branch, any idea?
anyone knows?
Pinkwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:26 PM   #1057
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all, I'm starting my own venture. Physionu providing private physiotherapy for orthopedic post acl repair etc. And many others at affordable rates.
Physionusg@gmail.com for more details
tortoise18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2018, 03:09 PM   #1058

New regulation for all AF outlets. Members are allowed a maximum of 3 hours per visit during non-staffed hours.
Ragemage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #1059

Where got write this regulation? Anyway, I cant fathom staying anything longer than 1.5hrs. 3hrs is way too long for a training session. I have other things to do.
shodan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2018, 03:53 PM   #1060
Master Member

New regulation for all AF outlets. Members are allowed a maximum of 3 hours per visit during non-staffed hours.
from where 1? how come i'm not informed?
eq2addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2018, 03:54 PM   #1061

Any new branches opening up this 2019 bro? Cheers!
Old 26-12-2018, 09:37 PM   #1062

Does the one time charges for the key S$68 and monthly membership S$88 incur additional 7% GST? I asked one at Yishun Junction 9, she said there is, can anyone help me to confirm?
Hive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 10:22 PM   #1063
Master Member

Does the one time charges for the key S$68 and monthly membership S$88 incur additional 7% GST? I asked one at Yishun Junction 9, she said there is, can anyone help me to confirm?
different outlet different bah. if the outlet earn so much till that they need declare gst,then ya.
divasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 10:42 AM   #1064

Like that if everything include GST so expensive then no point joining as new member at the new outlet.
Hive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 03:34 PM   #1065

I know northpoint anytime also charges gst
barnabaskoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.