Brazillian jiujitsu?

tombraider94

Reaction score
graciejjcouple: its good that you are training bjj but doing gracie combatives only have that much techniques you can learn. You should start go joining other schools and see their standards there. We have bjj gyms affiliated with Top teams like checkmat, atos and GFT in Singapore. Gyms like Impact mma, Fight g, Bjj Sin, Kreation, School of submissions. All of them have very good instructors (Black/brown Belts) and all these gyms produced champions.

You should gym hop around and see what is good and whats not. I dont recommend people learning gracie combatives if they want a legit blue belt. Its a good supplement for techniques but there are more to learn then these 36 to get a blue belt.

wooooo i don't recommend gym hopping unless u are going for just their trial class.... don't wana mention names but someone actually got kicked out of one of the gyms cos he's gym hopping too much

I don't mean to be offensive or anything but i feel like you guys frm evolve like hardcore selling ur gym to us sia....... no offense

graciejjcouple

Reaction score
anyone still training BJJ here?

yeah still training outside and in school.
Recently got injured and trying to recover.
Sparring with a Canadian student on exchange and his transitions are quick and awesome.

dirty_hippo, where are you training?

graciejjcouple

Reaction score

Random_Number

Reaction score
Hey guys, any expert here to help me out?

What is the main difference between Catch Wrestling vs Bjj. Catch wrestling as in Sakuraba/Josh Barnett type....

graciejjcouple

Reaction score

heliotropic

Reaction score
For anyone training in BJJ this new video from Evolve University is well worth a watch. It features submission wizard Shinya Aoki teaching the slightly unorthodox twister submission. Really cool technique.

Awesome Twister by Shinya Aoki | Evolve University - YouTube

awesome technique from shinya aoki! i've seen eddie bravo's various setups for the twister and they're pretty unorthodox - shinya's entry to the submission here is from a pretty common back control position, but its such a unique technique. thanks for sharing.

Random_Number

Reaction score
Catch Wrestling have been around and check out the Wiki.
Catch as catch can - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think the main difference are their principles and the way the submissions are executed.

Are you learning Catch?

Cheers!

Nope man, am learning BJJ through Leke. Cant find anywhr that teaches this unique art... anyway I am fascinated by it because it seems like a hybrid between wrestling and BJJ (submissions)...

kingcarlos

Reaction score
yeah still training outside and in school.
Recently got injured and trying to recover.
Sparring with a Canadian student on exchange and his transitions are quick and awesome.

dirty_hippo, where are you training?
NUS?

anyway anyone competing at the comp at delta sports centre on 28th?

kingcarlos

Reaction score
oh, NTU. haha not me but I would definitely go down and take a look!

Are you competing, kingcarlos?

icic. I was from NUS but never trained with them before. well its gd that NTU, NUS and SMU all has BJJ class.

The comp is organized by singapore wrestling federation so you can check out their website. though I believe entrance is $10.

Not confirmed yet. shall finalize by this week

mousepad_88

Reaction score
anyone learn BJJ at Trifecta?any comment on the place?
Looking for a bjj school but all seem so far away as I am staying in the west.

Evolve is out of the question as I trained there before and is not really impress by it, probably good for newbie who just started training martial art. And the price is expensive too.

Juggernaut and Impact seems like a very cramp place to train as well.

Saw this new place Trifecta which has merged with School of submission and would like some reviews from existing members there.

tks

kvltic

Reaction score

Evolve is out of the question as I trained there before and is not really impress by it, probably good for newbie who just started training martial art. And the price is expensive too.

Saw this new place Trifecta which has merged with School of submission and would like some reviews from existing members there.

tks

Impact cramp? You sure boh! i have been there and its like not cramp. Maybe on Sat where there are more ppl training.

trifectamartialarts

Reaction score
I think perhaps you could just call in for a free trial. Trifecta class sizes are not big, facilities are new, and instructors are top-notch. But that's for you to find out. Thankfully, it costs nothing to check it out for yourself. :)

tks

mousepad_88

Reaction score
I think perhaps you could just call in for a free trial. Trifecta class sizes are not big, facilities are new, and instructors are top-notch. But that's for you to find out. Thankfully, it costs nothing to check it out for yourself. :)

actually i just joined Trifecta not long ago=)

scottshin

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually it is better to start with gi before moving to Nogi. Most noGi champions train with gi. Easier to transition from Gi to Nogi rather then the other way round.

Anyway your transitional game is based on how long you have been rolling and how your game evolve picking up different techniques to complete your game. The more you roll the better you get. Sure there will be times where a lower belt will get a higher belt in submissions if the higher belt is careless or trying he is trying new stuff. Most of the time, its the experience and the time you put on the mats that counts which reflects on your belt level. Anyway the longer you train you will definitely get promoted.

best to start with no gi first than gi. firas said so. he trained gsp.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.