Any kind soul can help me
Recommend me a very good and gentle dentist
Is dental treatment painful
Can share your experiences
Heard of sleep dentistry anyone try before or iv sedation
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Scarybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 05:11 PM   #2

I'm the same age as you but not as bad as you, stopped going to the dentist after the obligatory school/NS appointments, and only started when I was about 30. Gentle dentists won't do a thorough job. For teeth to be cleaned, a dentist needs to get between teeth, at the gums, and these are sensitive spots.

If you've been brushing/flossing/mouth-washing regularly and your teeth are clean, great! If not, then your visit will likely be at least a tad uncomfortable.

But from 1 guy who hasn't gone to the dentist in over a decade to another...do it anyway.
~Dragonite~ and doctorgigi like this.

HWZ lifting Stats

PM me for iherb discount code
galapogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 08:09 PM   #3

I'm the same age as you but not as bad as you, stopped going to the dentist after the obligatory school/NS appointments, and only started when I was about 30. Gentle dentists won't do a thorough job. For teeth to be cleaned, a dentist needs to get between teeth, at the gums, and these are sensitive spots.

If you've been brushing/flossing/mouth-washing regularly and your teeth are clean, great! If not, then your visit will likely be at least a tad uncomfortable.

But from 1 guy who hasn't gone to the dentist in over a decade to another...do it anyway.

Not sure how to start
Have been reading up all the dental articles online for the past two month
The more I read the more nervous I am
Haiz...............
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 20-06-2017, 10:15 PM   #4
Master Member

There's this Taiwanese american dentist at q&m raffles place. Can try her if it's convenient for you. She's there on fridays. Patient and friendly lady.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
saffronsatire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 11:24 PM   #5

There's this Taiwanese american dentist at q&m raffles place. Can try her if it's convenient for you. She's there on fridays. Patient and friendly lady.
What treatment did u do
Can share your experience
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 21-06-2017, 04:51 PM   #6
Master Member

What treatment did u do
Can share your experience
Scaling and polishing - like the person below said, there will more or less be some more sensitive areas but please don't hesitate till you end up with more serious issues like having to remove root canal. went to dig my receipts, doc's name is jennifer wu.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 21-06-2017, 05:37 PM   #7

Scaling and polishing - like the person below said, there will more or less be some more sensitive areas but please don't hesitate till you end up with more serious issues like having to remove root canal. went to dig my receipts, doc's name is jennifer wu.
Thanks
What you mean by sensitive area
Is it some area will be pain
Actually two months ago I just went for my wisdom tooth extraction
But I opt for iv sedation where by I can't remember anything about the extraction
So hopping to go through other dental treatment under iv sedation but it is expensive
How u rate the pain level
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 21-06-2017, 07:10 PM   #8

no need worry , most painful is your pocket
To me I just felt dental treatment is a torture
Have bad experience during young
Not sure is it root canal at that time
I just know the dentist just keep drilling and whenever they hit my nerve or vein is so painful
The time seem past very slow at that time
Torture
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 21-06-2017, 08:01 PM   #9
Master Member

Thanks
But I opt for iv sedation where by I can't remember anything about the extraction
So hopping to go through other dental treatment under iv sedation but it is expensive
Not pain, more like discomfort
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 21-06-2017, 09:11 PM   #10

Not pain, more like discomfort
How often u visit dentist
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 22-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

Really don't like the sound of high speed drilling. My fist are always clenched tight and muscles are tensed up during the scaling session. Fillings session might be numbed depending.

It's not pleasant, but I never thought of not going.

Maybe you should tell the Dentist about your fear. On your first session, ask for checking only... no scaling, no filling, just ask the Dentist to check for the condition of your teeth... then book any subsequent treatment another time... so you cleared your first hurdle of visiting a Dentist again...

Overcome your phobia gradually... don't be afraid to tell the Dentist your phobia... if you don't like the Dentist, u can change another one... there is so many dental clinics in singapore and Q&M alone have so many Dentist...
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Konnichiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 05:04 PM   #12

Thanks
Dude, scaling/polishing is NOTHING like root canal/wisdom tooth extraction. It's a very minor procedure that can be performed in about 30 minutes unless your teeth are really dirty. The scaling portion will be the "painful" part where plaque/tartar are removed. It will be especially sensitive/painful at the gumline since that's where you have nerve endings. It isn't exactly painful in the "stab you with knife" way, but rather, uncomfortable due to its "nervy" feeling, much like a hard sports massage (but more "nervy").

Nobody goes for GA when polishing/scaling. I didn't even do that when I removed my wisdom teeth, and I felt nothing.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

HWZ lifting Stats

PM me for iherb discount code
galapogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2017, 12:15 AM   #13

Do u have dental experience with her
Can share with me
Did read about her when I searching for help online
But not sure is she really gentle and patient
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:15 AM   #14

I recently went to my dentist to pull out my top wisdom tooth. (Strangely top is not as complex as btm, no idea why lol) and i told him to give me lots of anaesthesia. ( I regularly go there for scaling so he knows me)

You can request for more anaesthesia, they will jab your gums and you wont feel a thing. he was pulling the tooth out with pliers and i didnt even know till i heard a "ping" sound on the metal plate.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
TeoZiWei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:55 AM   #15

Dental treatment - in most circumstances, it is not covered by insurance. This thing is expensive!

Dental stuffs that I have done in the past 2.5 years:
1. Teeth extraction - One was impacted and broke and one more was near to the sinus and dental surgeon has informed me it was very very likely blood would start gushing from my nose after the surgery. Damn it did.
2. Wisdom tooth extraction - Not as bad as I expected, pretty fast and only minor discomfort
3. Dental Implant - A very good experience, nearly painless. The only thing is you can hear the dentist drilling! Scary but pain-free (With localised anesthesia)
4. Braces - Very pleasant experience besides sore teeth because they're slowly moving to a better alignment

My views: Find a good dentist that will take his time doing your treatment. You wouldn't want to have a "rushed" procedure.
~Dragonite~ and thunderqwe like this.
teckgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.