Eczema

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Photo therapy never worked for me. In fact it worsen my condition. Skin became so dry after the therapy. However, maybe for others it will work I'm not sure.
Same.
It flared up so bad after one session, I never went back again

Barbarian36

Reaction score
How long were you on that treatment before you call it quits? From what I understand, the treatment usually requires twice a week sessions (but don't know for how long), and finally down to once a week to maintain the "improved" skin condition.

I was on it for a week before I stopped. I've been experiencing extremely dry skin and sometimes burning and stinging sensations which I never had before the photo therapy. That's what made me stop. I've also stop going to NSC after I've learnt about TSW which I'm going thru now. Am currently about 2 weeks into TSW.

sick_and_tired

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is tsw proven it will heal and won't recur?

I went through for 2 weeks on my leg. It gotten worse and there are limited literature say tsw will cure you of eczema

Right now mine is under control not cos of tsw, cos I stop oral and then TWICE a week I apply steroid. Use the weakest cream. Unless flare up then use stronger cream and wine down to weakest . Key is do NOT apply every day.

huhster

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I went through for 2 weeks on my leg. It gotten worse and there are limited literature say tsw will cure you of eczema

Right now mine is under control not cos of tsw, cos I stop oral and then TWICE a week I apply steroid. Use the weakest cream. Unless flare up then use stronger cream and wine down to weakest . Key is do NOT apply every day.
i was on tsw for a start of 2 weeks, every part of my body flare up...after it felt better...still on the road of recovery...my body no longer crave for steriods...

that 2 weeks were very painful

Sent from Somewhere Out There using GAGT

Barbarian36

Reaction score

Yes, you can also stop steroid gradually instead of going cold Turkey. But at the end of the day, it's best to totally cut off. Yes there might not be substantial info that tsw will eventually cure eczema, but the fact is steroid is harmful to our body. From what I see your body is probably addicted to steroids already which caused the flare up within that 2 weeks.

Barbarian36

Reaction score
i was on tsw for a start of 2 weeks, every part of my body flare up...after it felt better...still on the road of recovery...my body no longer crave for steriods...

that 2 weeks were very painful

Bro, how long are you into tsw already? Hows the progress so far?

huhster

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, how long are you into tsw already? Hows the progress so far?
about 1 year, rash still comes on n off. i dun use steriod anymore (been abusing it for 20 years).. i watch my diet sometimes i still naughty to skip it...it will take a while for me to heal

Blueflower

Reaction score
billovee wrote:

Use 茶叶 mix with hot water to clean up that part. It works. Or even can bath. Direction by god in my dream.

It may sound abit crazy. But it is true as i also got this problem.

Try it. As 茶叶 is very cheap. But must use quite awhile and then your problem will be gone.

i have heard of similar methods, tea tree oil to be exact many says it works

Trust me...the above method work.

I think im only gifted in that kind of ability. Other stuffs im sucks at. :(

Sometime this kind of ability not good also...sometime know the future of something. :(

Went to a chinese sinseh at ulu pandan before and he gave same advice, use chinese tea water to wipe body.

Barbarian36

Reaction score
about 1 year, rash still comes on n off. i dun use steriod anymore (been abusing it for 20 years).. i watch my diet sometimes i still naughty to skip it...it will take a while for me to heal

A year mark is your skin still red and sore. Are there still flare ups? Or it's like 20x better than the 1st few weeks of TSW?

huhster

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A year mark is your skin still red and sore. Are there still flare ups? Or it's like 20x better than the 1st few weeks of TSW?
some part of my legs turn brown not red...now its better

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all I’m plaqued by enzema few months back till now. It’s my first time having enzema I’m 33 btw.
It seems like it’s only on my legs and forearm area. Seen doc and given steroids pills and cream as usual. But once med completed, the itchiness and red spots seem to slowly come back again.

Any advice? I really don’t want to go back doc again I have went back 2 times already and each cost $100+. The doc also give the same medicine.

freddiephua

Reaction score
Personal Experience

Hi all I’m plaqued by enzema few months back till now. It’s my first time having enzema I’m 33 btw.
It seems like it’s only on my legs and forearm area. Seen doc and given steroids pills and cream as usual. But once med completed, the itchiness and red spots seem to slowly come back again.

Any advice? I really don’t want to go back doc again I have went back 2 times already and each cost $100+. The doc also give the same medicine.

Hello, I saw your post and just felt the need to reply.

I am in the same predicament as you. I am 33 as well and was diagnosed with Eczema since Apr'18. This half a year has been a roller coaster ride of ups and down. Like you, I started off with seeing my GP and to NSC, but will always see a relapse whenever I stop the steroids application no matter how hard I tried to stop. This cyclical process is very disheartening and I quickly recognized that using steroids to solve this is not the solution. I mean let's think about it. Our immune system is supposed to help us fight "bad stuff" and using steroids to suppress the immune system to prevent flares as a solution or management approach to eczema... doesn't really make much long term sense to me from a layman's point of view.

Whenever I visited my doctors and asked about the dangers of using topical steroids long term, I always received very assuring answers that it was safe even when I cited many cases of TSW online. I do not blame the doctors. I believe they have my best interests at heart and is only advising me with what they think is the best solution. TSW is not "clinically proven" and thus is not "accepted or mainstream" in the world of western medicine yet. It is understandable why doctors may not accept this concept.

Anyway, the turning point came when I decided to go on a cold turkey from steroids no matter what happens and told myself that I had to sustain it for 2 weeks before seeking alternative solutions. I manage to do it with the help of going on a liquid diet to rest the gut and also with the help of topical creams (Eucerin Eczema control or something and Puriya Mother of all Creams. Search it up!). 2 weeks later, the affected areas were all red but no longer bumpy / weeping. Psychologically, it was a very big step for me even though it may sound short.

The next step I took was to visit TCM doctor in Telok Blangah (quite obvious who is he/she, I don't want to look like i'm advertising. Remaining neutral) and did everything I was asked to. I've been undergoing treatment for almost 1.5 months now and my condition has significantly improved. I am not healed, it is not magic. Almost alternate week, I would see my skin recover almost 80-90%, only to flare up again in the next week. But every flare episodes seems to be less aggressive than the last, and I try to see it this as a good sign. Some positive mindset goes a long way in this fight...

If I am to say what really helped me, I would say is the change in diet. This process also is a wake up call for me to recognize that there are so many unhealthy options around us. If the change of diet has such a profound impact on my skin, imagine what adverse effects can long term consumption of these unhealthy options bring about? Wouldn't Eczema only serve as alarm bells, which could easily evolve to some other more dangerous conditions? This is not gospel truth, it is just what worked for me and I hope it works for somebody out there. Eczema is not fun at all and I hope any of these methods can bring relief to anyone out here.

I wrote this, not to demonstrate how this condition is to be handled. I am not 100% healed despite the vast improvements and am definitely not in a position to guide anyone. I still suffer from sleepless nights almost every night because of the itch (nights are the worst!!) and not to mention the despair in those nights. I really hope this can serve as an encouragement to all suffering from Eczema. In those lonely nights when you're awake because of the itch, remember there are many out there fighting this. You are not alone. One day you will find what works for you and see the light at the end of the tunnel. Don't give up and hope you will get well soon!

Fighting on...

CanT_Make_IT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone try Nu Skin product? A lot of the eczema patient took it seem a lot of improvement..

Siew Bee

Reaction score
Hey if you guys are open to alternative healing can come for this free workshop at Tanjong Pagar, Fri 8pm. Heard some really good testimonials from people with eczema. Can pm me at 92274881 if you want more details.

sick_and_tired

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Whatever it is, if you are fresh patient. Do not start steroid .

Get protopic

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.