Eczema

networm

Master Member
Reaction score
I also got eczema, for more than 15 years liao... since my secondary school days... peaked really badly during JC / NS times... Uni also quite bad... almost every part of the body also will kenna, toe to ear, and is different types of conditions... now 30 liao, most of it fade away liao, left some scars at the leg area. Now mainly is the feet still got eczema. I think if u're lucky, u are able to grow out of it, but how long is difficult to say.

But i recommend u all look for this steroid cream called COMBIDERM. It's damn effective and seems to treat all types of eczema. dry, flaking, peeling or exposed skin, just put one thin layer, it takes almost instant effect. Put today, tomorrow can see significant healing liao and the itch stops. But then, it's temporary only. After 1 week, it will lose its effects then the itch comes back... then u need to wait another week or so then put again to repeat the cycle... at least that's what i observed.

Yunnnn

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like dis eczema thingy concerns almost all of us ? :eek:
yeah it affects quite a number of people, just how severe...or maybe it just seems big to us because of the amount of people posting in here :s13:~ but when compared to the rest of the world, its still a small number.

networm, hope u don't mind but i placed ur entire post in the first post~ contributing info :D

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
WA..juz last week i think i had it..

it was so serious till i need an injection and put on drip..

den kana sent out to CGH for futher treatment..

yea its freaking itchy..

wad i do is after i apply the cream, i wear short sleeve so to air it and wont get itchy easily.

waa dude .. u seems of late tio many jialat tings rehh .. :(

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
yeah it affects quite a number of people, just how severe...or maybe it just seems big to us because of the amount of people posting in here :s13:~ but when compared to the rest of the world, its still a small number.

well yea .. smhw me blv its a common skin probs to any of us ..
but me read of others in here tio itchy in areas dats rather undesirable .. makes me cringe smwhat . :o

wil1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i see many advices.. thx...!

but i seem to be allegric to all soaps and bathe lotions sia..

i think its time to go polyclinic see doc liaos :(

twinkle07

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
i see many advices.. thx...!

but i seem to be allegric to all soaps and bathe lotions sia..

i think its time to go polyclinic see doc liaos :(

change your shower gel to those for sensitive skin

or buy organic shower gel. Won't itch that much. =:p

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
yea .. not all soaps/shower foams suitable for all ..
skin allergies for indiv. varies .

wil1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fwah . none suits u till now ?
ebrytime sure itchy har ?

ya.. sometimes very little itch.

on some days, many many small red patches + mosquito bite reaction...

welly welly de itchy..

scratch liao will bled :(:(:(

then got so many scars.. like tio std likedat :s13:

networm

Master Member
Reaction score

networm, hope u don't mind but i placed ur entire post in the first post~ contributing info :D
lol... no problem... if it can help to alleviate the discomfort and control the condition, i'm open to sharing my 15 year experience... lol... here's more.

i visited almost any type of doctor you can think of... private clinic, chinese doctor, "miracle" chinese skin doctor, national skin centre... the one conclusion i came up after all those visits. None of them can accurately diagnose the problem and give you a concrete. They will say most probably is hyper-sensitive skin, eczema, allergy... but no cure!

the most effective medication as i mentioned earlier is COMBIDERM. about $8 per 10gm, can use very long if used sparingly. even when i had to apply almost whole body, it can last me 1 mth at least.

But in one of my earlier visits to my private doctor (who incidentally was the one who prescribed me COMBIDERM), he also gave me an injection on my buttocks to ease the itch. That one i tell u is DAMN effective. After that injection, the itch stopped for more than a weak, allowing the skin to heal quickly when u apply COMBIDERM. But if i recall correctly, it's about $50 per jab! LOL... not something u want to try too frequently. But like i said, it's damn effective! If you can bear the pain in both ur pocket and ur buttocks, u can give that a try. but i think it's not really a long term solution also, injecting this kind of stuff into ur body.

The other one that is also effective is also a cream, but unfortunately, I do not have the name for that. I was prescribed it from National Skin Centre. It comes in a small round tub, looks something like a cosmetic cream container (btw, all these creams smells like cosmetic :p). It is also a steroid cream, but milder and cheaper than COMBIDERM. If you do visit the skin centre, you can ask the doctor to prescribe you this. coz it comes in considerably greater volume than COMBIDERM, you can be more generous when u apply the cream over a large area. the effect is also almost instantaneous but not as drastic as COMBIDERM. But getting the itch down is already half the battle won :)

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
ya.. sometimes very little itch.

on some days, many many small red patches + mosquito bite reaction...

welly welly de itchy..

scratch liao will bled :(:(:(

then got so many scars.. like tio std likedat :s13:

ahh icic .. u certainly have ultra sensitive skin or smthn' ..
beta seek doc's advise wud be best .

huhster

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow reminds me of going to c chinese doctor
took e medicine
next my neck the skin was damn itchy
i was scratching...bleeding
whole skin was like a snake man.....peeling off...
damn disgusting lor
i go out also have to keep my head down to cover my neck

xokokx

Master Member
Reaction score
i have eczema too
have to eat those flu medicine to control the itchness
once took the medicine the itchness stop for like 1 day, but come back once i nv eat the medicine
gt sensitive nose also
link 1

es0teric

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That time when I in army i got eczema and i got excuse uniform leh for very long.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.