www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Health & Fitness Corner (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/)
-   -   Facial Hardsell (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/facial-hardsell-6341406.html)

miwalix 22-07-2020 01:37 AM

Facial Hardsell

Hi all, recently been to a facial and it was my first time going alone.
The experience was traumatizing as the therapist was hardselling and wouldnít take no for an answer.
Iíve told her I donít have money and not going to spend any, she cut down to 3 sessions for $450, allowing me to pay $200 and the rest in my subsequent visit. I didnít sign any contract stating Iím gonna have to pay for the full price.
Iím going back this week, thinking i could just bring cash $100 and no cards. (She mentioned i can do that if iím really out of budget)

Is this a good idea? I wanted to stop going but that would mean iím gonna burn my $200....

LittleFeFe 22-07-2020 01:22 PM

That is quite expensive,$150 for a session. I suggest just going for the second session Without bringing any money or you could treat it as a lesson and write it off. You need to be firm on your decision and if they threaten you, you can simply call the police to scare them back.

miwalix 22-07-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleFeFe (Post 128628888)
That is quite expensive,$150 for a session. I suggest just going for the second session Without bringing any money or you could treat it as a lesson and write it off. You need to be firm on your decision and if they threaten you, you can simply call the police to scare them back.

Hi thanks for your suggestion. Mine is $150 for facial + pore tightening. I did ask around and everyone suggested the price is reasonable and i should utilize the 3 sessions.
But itís really a headache to even go back there......

Sai Baba 24-07-2020 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miwalix (Post 128621889)
Hi all, recently been to a facial and it was my first time going alone.
The experience was traumatizing as the therapist was hardselling and wouldnít take no for an answer.
Iíve told her I donít have money and not going to spend any, she cut down to 3 sessions for $450, allowing me to pay $200 and the rest in my subsequent visit. I didnít sign any contract stating Iím gonna have to pay for the full price.
Iím going back this week, thinking i could just bring cash $100 and no cards. (She mentioned i can do that if iím really out of budget)

Is this a good idea? I wanted to stop going but that would mean iím gonna burn my $200....

I also want to go for facial.
Can PM the place ?
Thanks.

Sai Baba 24-07-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miwalix (Post 128639147)
Hi thanks for your suggestion. Mine is $150 for facial + pore tightening. I did ask around and everyone suggested the price is reasonable and i should utilize the 3 sessions.
But itís really a headache to even go back there......

Yes, the price is around there.
Unless you go to JB do facial.

miwalix 24-07-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sai Baba (Post 128664853)
Yes, the price is around there.
Unless you go to JB do facial.

I decided to utilize all 3 sessions then find a reason to escape.
Skin Labo Novena - Be prepared for all kind of hardsell though

LittleFeFe 24-07-2020 10:28 PM

Let me share some stuff with you, facial is a form of maintenance. You have to go for sessions regularly to see better results. If you just use the 3 basic stuff Everyday, cleanse toner moisturiser, you will clearly see some difference when you grow older. Diet also plays a key role as well so you might want to research into that, hope this helps.

Alearner 24-07-2020 10:30 PM

I feel salons at neighborhood areas are more hardsell than those in the town. i had a bad experience at a salon Tanjong pagar plaza.

LittleFeFe 24-07-2020 10:37 PM

Most shop that offers free trial, Will have some form of hardsell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alearner (Post 128679258)
I feel salons at neighborhood areas are more hardsell than those in the town. i had a bad experience at a salon Tanjong pagar plaza.

Sai Baba 30-07-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleFeFe (Post 128679225)
Let me share some stuff with you, facial is a form of maintenance. You have to go for sessions regularly to see better results. If you just use the 3 basic stuff Everyday, cleanse toner moisturiser, you will clearly see some difference when you grow older. Diet also plays a key role as well so you might want to research into that, hope this helps.

You go where for facial?
Can share location ?