www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Health & Fitness Corner (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/)
-   -   fitness first (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/fitness-first-3407263.html)

yang_nastyman 11-02-2012 12:16 PM

pasir ris's clubfitt only has a smith machine -.-

and idiots use the smith machine for benchpress when there's a perfectly nice bench right next to it.

Cashcow 11-02-2012 12:19 PM

Look like many are proud members of fitness first.

So far, I have been to mapletree, fusionpolis, amk, one raffles quay, millienia walk. I like the mapletree one.

ketua 11-02-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yang_nastyman (Post 64011159)
pasir ris's clubfitt only has a smith machine -.-

and idiots use the smith machine for benchpress when there's a perfectly nice bench right next to it.

How idiot are they. Don't they know smith is for bicep curling? :D

BradLee 11-02-2012 02:01 PM

Wow so many from amk and paragon so u guys know each other in person??

vurtomatic 11-02-2012 04:50 PM

I like to go in and out; don't talk cock, don't fraternise. And I go in the morning, doubt if any working forumers here go during those times. :D

bhkpop 06-03-2012 04:35 PM

Nowadays, how's the rate for FF? Is there any customized plan, like going to your local ff and several ff of your choices? Since I know in some countries there are these kinds of plan, so you will pay less than the global access one.
Almost 1 year already in global access and thinking of switching to those kind of plan. Could use some saving since going to marry this year hahaha....

BradLee 06-03-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhkpop (Post 64685366)
Nowadays, how's the rate for FF? Is there any customized plan, like going to your local ff and several ff of your choices? Since I know in some countries there are these kinds of plan, so you will pay less than the global access one.
Almost 1 year already in global access and thinking of switching to those kind of plan. Could use some saving since going to marry this year hahaha....

If you are saving money why choose FF since it is one of the more expensive one around.
Found a website an angmo did some comparision but from the url seem to be a 2009 rate nevertheless can use as a reference.
Want Your Sexy Body Back? – The Complete Guide To Singapores Gyms

bhkpop 06-03-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradLee (Post 64685746)
If you are saving money why choose FF since it is one of the more expensive one around.
Found a website an angmo did some comparision but from the url seem to be a 2009 rate nevertheless can use as a reference.
Want Your Sexy Body Back? The Complete Guide To Singapores Gyms

I know what you mean by that. To answer this, I agree with vurtomatic's post if not mistaken several pages back on time vs the easy access and etc. I chose FF, because I basically live and work at east area. So having to travel to the city on weekdays would be gruesome.
Before FF, I went to those CC one, but the crowdness is killing. You have to wait 15 minutes to use some equipments.
I chose global just because the difference offered is really not much. 13 dollar difference if not mistaken per month, so just go for it at that time.
I'm not saying FF is not crowded. There are times that the place is quite pack but I can always find alternative (barbell vs bar).

At first thinking to move to TP at Tampines but review is not showing positive sign hahaha...
Anyway everything still in consideration.

Thanks for sharing the link bro..

ketua 06-03-2012 05:38 PM

How east is your east?

True Fitness - Parkway Parade, Tampines NTUC
FF - Tampines
Bedok Reservior - Can't remember, on top of a carpark?
Ziklag - Siglap, Kembangan (opening in Jun/Jul).
Genesis - Old airport road
SWF - Opposite leisure dome

HKS_Hippo 06-03-2012 06:33 PM

Anyone played with the machine what prints out your information? Eg weight, body fat

vurtomatic 06-03-2012 06:58 PM

I notice the trainers at FF AMK doing more functional stuff with their clients these days. Not bad.

cowed77 06-03-2012 07:16 PM

Meaning wat ah? Not a trolling comment btw hahaha

vurtomatic 06-03-2012 07:25 PM

TRX, Viper (???), I even see a tyre lying around.

ketua 06-03-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 64689408)

TRX, and now Viper, are also catching up in True Fitness.

But recently I saw them making their clients do 'tire-flipping' using the 10kg viper, in horrible camel-back form. :D

BradLee 06-03-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 64689408)

What kind of tyre? those strongman type?