www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Health & Fitness Corner (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/)
-   -   fitness first (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/fitness-first-3407263.html)

evilduxy 07-03-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 64689408)
TRX, Viper (???), I even see a tyre lying around.

woh u do mean ff at amk have tires ard?? tts a new over here at tamp i nv see any tires ard

galapogos 07-03-2012 06:48 AM

Don't you just hate it when people take legitimate training tools, b@stardize them, and then give them a bad name? It's "functional training" all over again. In fact, I bet that's what gave squats and deadlifts a bad name with the orthos and sports doctors. Get a bunch of "personal trainers" who don't know the difference between their triceps and triceptosaurus, get them to teach unsuspecting aunties how to squat/deadlift, and BOOM! Instant disc hernia and torn meniscus.

Yxy 07-03-2012 07:20 AM

got such a dinosaur?? :s13:

Quote:

Originally Posted by galapogos (Post 64701574)
the difference between their triceps and triceptosaurus,


vurtomatic 07-03-2012 07:58 AM

But I give them credit for trying new things and progressing. After all we bitch about them using machines and performing half-fvcked squats, if we bitch about them b@stardising other stuff, then it's kinda no-win for them.

idiotekue83 07-03-2012 08:03 AM

Does FF give overnight lockers?

BradLee 07-03-2012 09:14 AM

I am wondering if there is any FF PT reading this forum. As FF got many branches so there must be a lot of PT. If they r and saw us commenting about their way of training will they try to improve? Or just that they r bounded by the company standard way of training and they cannot train their client the way they personally wanted. For example he know ATG squat is better but if he train that way his manager saw or other PT saw and he will be question??

vurtomatic 07-03-2012 09:16 AM

I suspect it's ran like a franchise so there're 'standards' to adhere to. That way the trainer is 'protected' as long as they follow the book, just like army food follows the food pyramid.

monk.. 07-03-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekue83 (Post 64702149)
Does FF give overnight lockers?

no...but they have small lockers which you can rent.

monk.. 07-03-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradLee (Post 64703049)
I am wondering if there is any FF PT reading this forum. As FF got many branches so there must be a lot of PT. If they r and saw us commenting about their way of training will they try to improve? Or just that they r bounded by the company standard way of training and they cannot train their client the way they personally wanted. For example he know ATG squat is better but if he train that way his manager saw or other PT saw and he will be question??

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 64703087)
I suspect it's ran like a franchise so there're 'standards' to adhere to. That way the trainer is 'protected' as long as they follow the book, just like army food follows the food pyramid.

i think the full time "newer" trainers might have "standards" to adhere to since FF do have their own inhouse trainings to take and pass.
For the other trainers who are freelance, I dont think they are bounded by these "standards".

BradLee 07-03-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monk.. (Post 64703346)
i think the full time "newer" trainers might have "standards" to adhere to since FF do have their own inhouse trainings to take and pass.
For the other trainers who are freelance, I dont think they are bounded by these "standards".

But how client know they are freelance or not? What about full time older trainer? Gotta adhere to standards too

monk.. 07-03-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradLee (Post 64703523)
But how client know they are freelance or not? What about full time older trainer? Gotta adhere to standards too

actually the profile of all the trainers are shown on the board at each branch.
there are 3 levels of trainers - silver, gold and platinum.
If i'm not wrong, the silver are the newer ones while the gold and platinum are the freelance ones.
If you are freelance, i dont think need to adhere to "standards" and you works the hours you want.

galapogos 07-03-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 64702097)
But I give them credit for trying new things and progressing. After all we bitch about them using machines and performing half-fvcked squats, if we bitch about them b@stardising other stuff, then it's kinda no-win for them.

I'm not as forgiving as you. I see it as them taking something and trying to re-invent the wheel, dumb it down to some cutesy standard that totally defeats the whole point so that they can market these new "tools" to people who don't wanna work hard.

Here's an idea - if they wish to progress, learn the proper way of performing these movements, master them, and then teach them to their clients once they have a clue.

BradLee 07-03-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monk.. (Post 64703744)
actually the profile of all the trainers are shown on the board at each branch.
there are 3 levels of trainers - silver, gold and platinum.
If i'm not wrong, the silver are the newer ones while the gold and platinum are the freelance ones.
If you are freelance, i dont think need to adhere to "standards" and you works the hours you want.

Vurto is a FF member, r u aware that gold and platinum r freelance?

monk.. 07-03-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradLee (Post 64704078)
Vurto is a FF member, r u aware that gold and platinum r freelance?

brad...are you a FF member?
if you are, you can approach the trainers and ask.
or if you are, you can observe that those silver level trainers need to work shifts and walk the floor assisting any members who ask for them.
those that are gold and platinum dont work shifts and they work the hours that they have appts with clients....so technically...if you dont have many clients...you are actually quite free.

monk.. 07-03-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeVeryHappy (Post 64704636)
I am not yet, but i have been there a few times like when they got promo, u can try for a day and good thing about FF is they dun hardsell, if u say u need time to think about it they let u go. But u need to go thru the sales talk lah which is quite sian also. and i got to know from the sales consultant that they are going to open one more at what marina financial centre.

the sale talks is norm lah....all global gyms will have that....but at least they are not hard-selling or pushy...and you leave stress-free...
yes, one more coming up in jun at MBFC...


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.