HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

fitness first

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 01:23 AM   #151
High Supremacy Member

TRX, Viper (???), I even see a tyre lying around.
woh u do mean ff at amk have tires ard?? tts a new over here at tamp i nv see any tires ard

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]Quote of the year :[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B][I][U][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]"Godamnit don't waste my bloody time if you are not interested."[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
evilduxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #152

Don't you just hate it when people take legitimate training tools, b@stardize them, and then give them a bad name? It's "functional training" all over again. In fact, I bet that's what gave squats and deadlifts a bad name with the orthos and sports doctors. Get a bunch of "personal trainers" who don't know the difference between their triceps and triceptosaurus, get them to teach unsuspecting aunties how to squat/deadlift, and BOOM! Instant disc hernia and torn meniscus.
ketua and bhkpop like this.

HWZ lifting Stats

PM me for iherb discount code
galapogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #153
Yxy
Master Member

got such a dinosaur??

the difference between their triceps and triceptosaurus,
Yxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #154
Supremacy Member

But I give them credit for trying new things and progressing. After all we bitch about them using machines and performing half-fvcked squats, if we bitch about them b@stardising other stuff, then it's kinda no-win for them.
vurtomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #155

Does FF give overnight lockers?
idiotekue83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #156

I am wondering if there is any FF PT reading this forum. As FF got many branches so there must be a lot of PT. If they r and saw us commenting about their way of training will they try to improve? Or just that they r bounded by the company standard way of training and they cannot train their client the way they personally wanted. For example he know ATG squat is better but if he train that way his manager saw or other PT saw and he will be question??
BradLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #157
Supremacy Member

I suspect it's ran like a franchise so there're 'standards' to adhere to. That way the trainer is 'protected' as long as they follow the book, just like army food follows the food pyramid.
vurtomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #158
Master Member

Does FF give overnight lockers?
no...but they have small lockers which you can rent.
monk.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #159
Master Member

I am wondering if there is any FF PT reading this forum. As FF got many branches so there must be a lot of PT. If they r and saw us commenting about their way of training will they try to improve? Or just that they r bounded by the company standard way of training and they cannot train their client the way they personally wanted. For example he know ATG squat is better but if he train that way his manager saw or other PT saw and he will be question??
I suspect it's ran like a franchise so there're 'standards' to adhere to. That way the trainer is 'protected' as long as they follow the book, just like army food follows the food pyramid.
i think the full time "newer" trainers might have "standards" to adhere to since FF do have their own inhouse trainings to take and pass.
For the other trainers who are freelance, I dont think they are bounded by these "standards".
Old 07-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #160

i think the full time "newer" trainers might have "standards" to adhere to since FF do have their own inhouse trainings to take and pass.
For the other trainers who are freelance, I dont think they are bounded by these "standards".
But how client know they are freelance or not? What about full time older trainer? Gotta adhere to standards too
Old 07-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #161
Master Member

But how client know they are freelance or not? What about full time older trainer? Gotta adhere to standards too
actually the profile of all the trainers are shown on the board at each branch.
there are 3 levels of trainers - silver, gold and platinum.
If i'm not wrong, the silver are the newer ones while the gold and platinum are the freelance ones.
If you are freelance, i dont think need to adhere to "standards" and you works the hours you want.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #162

But I give them credit for trying new things and progressing. After all we bitch about them using machines and performing half-fvcked squats, if we bitch about them b@stardising other stuff, then it's kinda no-win for them.
I'm not as forgiving as you. I see it as them taking something and trying to re-invent the wheel, dumb it down to some cutesy standard that totally defeats the whole point so that they can market these new "tools" to people who don't wanna work hard.

Here's an idea - if they wish to progress, learn the proper way of performing these movements, master them, and then teach them to their clients once they have a clue.
ketua likes this.

HWZ lifting Stats

PM me for iherb discount code
galapogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #163

actually the profile of all the trainers are shown on the board at each branch.
there are 3 levels of trainers - silver, gold and platinum.
If i'm not wrong, the silver are the newer ones while the gold and platinum are the freelance ones.
If you are freelance, i dont think need to adhere to "standards" and you works the hours you want.
Vurto is a FF member, r u aware that gold and platinum r freelance?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #164
Master Member

Vurto is a FF member, r u aware that gold and platinum r freelance?
brad...are you a FF member?
if you are, you can approach the trainers and ask.
or if you are, you can observe that those silver level trainers need to work shifts and walk the floor assisting any members who ask for them.
those that are gold and platinum dont work shifts and they work the hours that they have appts with clients....so technically...if you dont have many clients...you are actually quite free.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #165
Master Member

I am not yet, but i have been there a few times like when they got promo, u can try for a day and good thing about FF is they dun hardsell, if u say u need time to think about it they let u go. But u need to go thru the sales talk lah which is quite sian also. and i got to know from the sales consultant that they are going to open one more at what marina financial centre.
the sale talks is norm lah....all global gyms will have that....but at least they are not hard-selling or pushy...and you leave stress-free...
yes, one more coming up in jun at MBFC...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.