www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Health & Fitness Corner (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/)
-   -   fitness first (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/fitness-first-3407263.html)

Cryptrus 07-03-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galapogos (Post 64701574)
Don't you just hate it when people take legitimate training tools, b@stardize them, and then give them a bad name? It's "functional training" all over again. In fact, I bet that's what gave squats and deadlifts a bad name with the orthos and sports doctors. Get a bunch of "personal trainers" who don't know the difference between their triceps and triceptosaurus, get them to teach unsuspecting aunties how to squat/deadlift, and BOOM! Instant disc hernia and torn meniscus.

i saw one very bad deadlifts 2 weeks ago. that poor fellow obviously cannot handle the weights and the trainer juz stand there ask him do, the form was totally out and positioning is all wrong... i pity him:s13:

bhkpop 07-03-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ketua (Post 64687089)
How east is your east?

True Fitness - Parkway Parade, Tampines NTUC
FF - Tampines
Bedok Reservior - Can't remember, on top of a carpark?
Ziklag - Siglap, Kembangan (opening in Jun/Jul).
Genesis - Old airport road
SWF - Opposite leisure dome

My route pratically is expo tampines punggol daily.
Actually I've joined FF already, thinking of switching to TF but the review is not that nice.. Previously the gym above the sushi place at tampines. Nevertheless I'm going to try the free trial if there is any one of these days..

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKS_Hippo (Post 64688340)
Anyone played with the machine what prints out your information? Eg weight, body fat

Got one at FF. You can try if you wanted it. They will do it if you come for free trial the first time. But to make it accurate, don't eat or exercise before you use the machine. Sometimes can be error.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 64689408)
TRX, Viper (???), I even see a tyre lying around.

TRX and Viper got. But tire? That is new. Never see this at FF Tamp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekue83 (Post 64702149)
Does FF give overnight lockers?

Yes they do. You have to rent it monthly. I think 20$ if not mistaken.

vurtomatic 07-03-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galapogos (Post 64703919)
I'm not as forgiving as you. I see it as them taking something and trying to re-invent the wheel, dumb it down to some cutesy standard that totally defeats the whole point so that they can market these new "tools" to people who don't wanna work hard.

Here's an idea - if they wish to progress, learn the proper way of performing these movements, master them, and then teach them to their clients once they have a clue.

I get your point, and I understand they're jumping on the bandwagon. After all functional training was bandied about 2yrs ago and people in the know hardly make a point of it anymore.

But as with the masses, these things take a while and this is still a step towards bringing such ideas to the mass consciousness.

We ARE a very very niche subset of the fitness community compared to the masses.

bhkpop 07-03-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monk.. (Post 64704706)
the sale talks is norm lah....all global gyms will have that....but at least they are not hard-selling or pushy...and you leave stress-free...
yes, one more coming up in jun at MBFC...

You mean FF going to open at MBFC?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryptrus (Post 64705715)
i saw one very bad deadlifts 2 weeks ago. that poor fellow obviously cannot handle the weights and the trainer juz stand there ask him do, the form was totally out and positioning is all wrong... i pity him:s13:

yes, it is. i saw some PT that just playing with the phone while the client do the moves and moreover they do squat >.<
alamak.. the client will be injured in long term if they do in that kind of form

vurtomatic 07-03-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradLee (Post 64704078)
Vurto is a FF member, r u aware that gold and platinum r freelance?

Bro I've never used a trainer in my life, let alone an FF one =:p

monk.. 07-03-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhkpop (Post 64706027)
You mean FF going to open at MBFC?

Yes.

yes, it is. i saw some PT that just playing with the phone while the client do the moves and moreover they do squat >.<
alamak.. the client will be injured in long term if they do in that kind of form

yes...unfortunately...such trainers do exist....

Soul77 07-03-2012 05:40 PM

Their latest toy in AMK is some kind of bar with one end attached to some kind of rubber string. looks interesting, but don't know the name.

vurtomatic 07-03-2012 05:46 PM

That's the Viper lor. One of the trainers told me.

Cryptrus 07-03-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul77 (Post 64715487)
Their latest toy in AMK is some kind of bar with one end attached to some kind of rubber string. looks interesting, but don't know the name.

they pull and pull.. wave like baseball bat.. seriously a waste of time to ask their client to do that

SuperFreak 07-03-2012 05:50 PM

Hmmm....looks kinda of interesting haha ....:s13:

Cryptrus 07-03-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperFreak (Post 64715721)
Hmmm....looks kinda of interesting haha ....:s13:

u go try :s13: ..........

ketua 07-03-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monk.. (Post 64706208)
yes...unfortunately...such trainers do exist....

Likewise trainers at True Fitness.
Some even eyeball at the TV while clients executing the lifts.

SuperFreak 08-03-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryptrus (Post 64715751)
u go try :s13: ..........

sure....will find a budget and time to visit .....:s13:

Soul77 08-03-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 64715620)
That's the Viper lor. One of the trainers told me.

No. that's not viper. This is viper. I seen before during the morning CNA exercise segment, when the FF "Master Trainer" show his stuffs

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/def...a712279c24.jpg

ketua 08-03-2012 03:25 PM

Yes this is the Viper I saw at TF. Comes in 10kg and 20kg.

Besides those functional movement, PTs have their clients 'flip tyre' using the 10kg one. :s13: