www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Health & Fitness Corner (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/)
-   -   fitness first (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/fitness-first-3407263.html)

Vadher 06-04-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 65549430)
Today in the gym: Trainer with client at the squat rack, doing rows. I walked up and asked how many more sets. Trainer grins at me with a big fake smile and says, oh very long, 4 more sets.

So I asked him, can you guys use the standalone barbell since you're doing rows and I wanna squat.

Fvckface fake-smiles at me and says, oh cannot, no space.

Talk about lack of initiative and being brain dead.

I said ok I go do other stuff.

Went to the stretching area, did SMR. Sometime later, fvckface walked past me into the toilet, then walked out. I noticed he went to the machines, and saw his client there.

So I walked over to the squat rack and now saw another person on it. Heng that person was already on last rep.

So the fvckface who told me he had to use the squat rack for rows, walked right past me as I was doing my SMR, and didn't even have the courtesy to let me know he's done with the rack.

And he's a trainer. FFS.

AMK Fitness First?

monk.. 06-04-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Today in the gym: Trainer with client at the squat rack, doing rows. I walked up and asked how many more sets. Trainer grins at me with a big fake smile and says, oh very long, 4 more sets.

So I asked him, can you guys use the standalone barbell since you're doing rows and I wanna squat.

Went to the stretching area, did SMR. Sometime later, fvckface walked past me into the toilet, then walked out. I noticed he went to the machines, and saw his client there.

So I walked over to the squat rack and now saw another person on it. Heng that person was already on last rep.

So the fvckface who told me he had to use the squat rack for rows, walked right past me as I was doing my SMR, and didn't even have the courtesy to let me know he's done with the rack.

And he's a trainer. FFS.

wow...that's really was sh*t!!
this is the first time i have heard...cannot share a equipment and didnt even bother to inform when he's done....
may i know which branch??

vurtomatic 06-04-2012 09:38 PM

Yeah AMK FF. The most disappointing thing was that he could've easily found the space to do the rows with a standalone barbell, instead he chose to monopolise the rack. It's as bad as the morons who use the squat rack for barbell curls. Fvcktard.

I'll wait for the day when he asks me for use of the rack :s8:

monk.. 06-04-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 65550596)
Yeah AMK FF. The most disappointing thing was that he could've easily found the space to do the rows with a standalone barbell, instead he chose to monopolise the rack. It's as bad as the morons who use the squat rack for barbell curls. Fvcktard.

oh AMK FF...been there only once....doesnt have a good impression there..
maybe you should try other branches...:D

blitz-dice 07-04-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

And he's a trainer. FFS.

Exactly same experience i had at FF one george. but mine is worse, his client is doing.bicep curl at the squat rack.

evilduxy 07-04-2012 03:40 PM

wah so jialiat eh....?? i go tamp FF no such problem for me leh.. the trainers there also quite frenly lol

coutuser 07-04-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 65550596)

That is why I started the 'selfish people doing stupid exercises in squat rack' thread to complain:s27:

monk.. 07-04-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilduxy (Post 65567947)
wah so jialiat eh....?? i go tamp FF no such problem for me leh.. the trainers there also quite frenly lol

ya...same for me..
ORQ trainers are friendly as well and they are willing to share....even if doing curls at the rack.:s8:

to coutuser....selfish people ..yes...stupid exercises at the rack...no...
everyone is entitled to do any exercises at the rack as everyone is paying to use the facilities....it's the selfish people who refuse to share....

BradLee 07-04-2012 08:19 PM

Wah vutomatic. What time was that? I remember u said u always goes very early to avoid crowd. So early already got client doing PT?

jjl.bb 08-04-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz-dice (Post 65566378)
Exactly same experience i had at FF one george. but mine is worse, his client is doing.bicep curl at the squat rack.

some trainers are like that, they think they're have more right than the normal user.

had a trainer at tf rush me through my squats, he 'helped' spot me and a minute later 'helped' me through my last set. all so that his client who just came could use the squat rack.

Tei-Fu Cheng 08-04-2012 10:34 PM

Fitness First

Hi all,

Am looking around to join gym, am tossing around whether FF or TF at Tampines..however has a budget...hw much to pay for FF? or anyone to let go their membership?

Let me know ya.

Thanks, cheers!

monk.. 08-04-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tei-Fu Cheng (Post 65609783)
Hi all,

Am looking around to join gym, am tossing around whether FF or TF at Tampines..however has a budget...hw much to pay for FF? or anyone to let go their membership?

Let me know ya.

Thanks, cheers!

what's your budget?
FF is normally more than 120...unless you are on corp plan or maybe student plan or some plans.
TF & CF will be cheaper and neg.

coutuser 08-04-2012 11:25 PM

Stupid because bicep curl should not be done in squat rack
Quote:

Originally Posted by monk.. (Post 65570476)
ya...same for me..
ORQ trainers are friendly as well and they are willing to share....even if doing curls at the rack.:s8:

to coutuser....selfish people ..yes...stupid exercises at the rack...no...
everyone is entitled to do any exercises at the rack as everyone is paying to use the facilities....it's the selfish people who refuse to share....

monk.. 09-04-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coutuser (Post 65611768)
Stupid because bicep curl should not be done in squat rack

yes...i agreed that bicep curl shouldnt be done in a squat rack...but squat rack and bench press are the only ones that have that longer heavier bar.
other misc bars at the sides are lighter and shorter.....so for whatever reason why people prefer to use one or the other, they are entitled since it is a gym.
i guess you are just plain unlucky not able to get them to share.
i have seen my share of people not wanting to share...i have met 2 guys doing squats like forever in the rack, by the time i completed my hour of training...they had also just completed using the rack...so you see...there are selfish people whether they are doing curls or squats.

barefooted 09-04-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tei-Fu Cheng (Post 65609783)
Hi all,

Let me know ya.

Thanks, cheers!

I think FF is more expensive than TF now, but FF is better. I've blacklisted TF after their horrendous sales tactics, and terrible communications. I was with True Fitness before they bought over Planet Fitness, they first tried to sell me the package at $300++ per month, and then made "discounts". Anyway, I stupidly joined them because they offered True Yoga classes which I thought might be interesting. Some months later, they closed down their only Gym at raffles place (before they bought over PlanetFitness) and the comms was horrible. (Just look at TrueSpa). I've since re-joined FitnessFirst when they had a promotion for old members to join.

They also have a referral program, so if you are interested to join do let me know. For disclosure of interest... I do get some benefits for referrals, but I might be able to get you a better monthly fee through the referral :) PM me if interested.