www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Health & Fitness Corner (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/)
-   -   fitness first (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/fitness-first-3407263.html)

vurtomatic 09-04-2012 05:55 PM

Yup, yaya papaya type, walk around like he owns the place. Big but not lean.

TheOMan 09-04-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjl.bb (Post 65582579)
some trainers are like that, they think they're have more right than the normal user.

had a trainer at tf rush me through my squats, he 'helped' spot me and a minute later 'helped' me through my last set. all so that his client who just came could use the squat rack.

But they're not paying the gym membership - YOU are. So, if anything, you have more right to that piece of equipment than they do.

Years ago, at CFC Republic Plaza, I had words with Augustine Tan because he was monopolizing 4 different machines/racks while doing circuit training with his client. And this was during peak morning hours! He backed down when I insisted on working in with his client on smith machine.

BradLee 09-04-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOMan (Post 65635126)
But they're not paying the gym membership - YOU are. So, if anything, you have more right to that piece of equipment than they do.

Years ago, at CFC Republic Plaza, I had words with Augustine Tan because he was monopolizing 4 different machines/racks while doing circuit training with his client. And this was during peak morning hours! He backed down when I insisted on working in with his client on smith machine.

I guess should not argue from this point cos the trainer client does pay membership plus PT. Should argue from the point of customer service and friendliness. Should share no matter what or at most say the client left 2 sets will inform u when they finish etc.

smz 18-04-2012 07:54 PM

I just became a First Club member after being with Fitness First for 10 months. Have a bunch of vouchers! If anybody wanna join, I can give a $8 joining fee voucher. PM me. :)

Soul77 27-06-2012 04:41 PM

Recently visited the paragon branch. I noticed that they changed the squat rack and barbell (which is good). Now using Technogym brand. But I feels the empty barbell is lighter. Anybody know what's the weight? (my estimate is around 15kg)

BradLee 27-06-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul77 (Post 67875118)
Recently visited the paragon branch. I noticed that they changed the squat rack and barbell (which is good). Now using Technogym brand. But I feels the empty barbell is lighter. Anybody know what's the weight? (my estimate is around 15kg)

I dunno but i just google for technogym barbell and got this pdf. u see which one u are looking for?
http://www.finnrelax.hu/pdf/katalogu..._catalogue.pdf

vurtomatic 27-06-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul77 (Post 67875118)

Yes lighter, because the ends are plastic, circumference also feels thinner.

Soul77 27-06-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradLee (Post 67875695)
I dunno but i just google for technogym barbell and got this pdf. u see which one u are looking for?
http://www.finnrelax.hu/pdf/katalogu..._catalogue.pdf

Ah. it's 10kg. No wonder it feels light.

vurtomatic 03-08-2012 07:03 AM

Yesterday morning: Performing Pendlay Rows.

Sales manager who was working out, took it upon himself to come over and tell me I'm disrupting other members because the weights were banging on the floor.

Took out my earphones and told him, HE'S disrupting me.

Sales manager continued to 'explain' to me that I could lift lighter or he could get someone to assist me.

Explained to him the mechanics of a Pendlay row, asked him to give it a try.

Sales manager walked away. Fool.

BeaRzwalken 03-08-2012 09:47 AM

what is the fee for 1 year membership in FF O_o

stitchy08 03-09-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeaRzwalken (Post 68819268)
what is the fee for 1 year membership in FF O_o

Just signed up this month. Was quoted:
Monthly Membership: $158 + GST
If you sign up with 5 sessions of personal training: $138 + GST

(excludes admin fees and joining fees)

Soul77 03-09-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchy08 (Post 69630616)

Wow. I think they increases price $10 per year.
Lucky I joined early last time.

monk.. 03-09-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul77 (Post 69631151)
Wow. I think they increases price $10 per year.
Lucky I joined early last time.

ya..i think it is but given the branches also increase so i guess more branches, the price will go up a bit...

monk.. 03-09-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchy08 (Post 69630616)

as long as you are a member?

Spartanz. 03-09-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vurtomatic (Post 68817321)
Yesterday morning: Performing Pendlay Rows.

Sales manager who was working out, took it upon himself to come over and tell me I'm disrupting other members because the weights were banging on the floor.

Took out my earphones and told him, HE'S disrupting me.

Sales manager continued to 'explain' to me that I could lift lighter or he could get someone to assist me.

Explained to him the mechanics of a Pendlay row, asked him to give it a try.

Sales manager walked away. Fool.

vurto..it seems that u got into quite a lot of arguments/questionings in yr gym??

u got offend alot of ppl anot lol??:s13:

sometimes if really packed, why not do alternative exercise??

no space to do bb row, do t-bar/dumbell rows??

squat rack occupied when wanting to do squats , do dumbell goblet squats

rack occupoed when wanting to do military press, do dumbell press or clean the barbell n do somewhere else lor..

if not find another less packed gym.....which is wad i am doing now :D ..even during peak hr, ppl r only hogging the smith machine, the rest who r using the rack , just ask for a share with a smile :D