www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Health & Fitness Corner (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/)
-   -   fitness first (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/fitness-first-3407263.html)

nimal90 30-06-2014 10:53 PM

Any FF Westgate member here? I went to visit last week, the place is quite small, may i know is it super crowded when Monday to Friday after 6pm?

lee_tired_sheep 30-06-2014 11:06 PM

Fitness first getting more and more packed. Especially after millenia walk closed. The gym opening rate can't keep up with member sign up rate.

xjasonz 30-06-2014 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nimal90 (Post 86778726)
Any FF Westgate member here? I went to visit last week, the place is quite small, may i know is it super crowded when Monday to Friday after 6pm?

any gym after working hours is sure to be packed. Some will avoid the town crowd and head to a gym near home. and some will avoid the neighbourhood crowd n head to the gum near office. So, its basically crowded after office hours.

mambofever 30-06-2014 11:34 PM

are corporate rates limited to certain companies? Seems like anyone can bargain for a corporate rate am I right?

lee_tired_sheep 30-06-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mambofever (Post 86779928)
are corporate rates limited to certain companies? Seems like anyone can bargain for a corporate rate am I right?

Nope your HR has to have arranged with the gym. I had to give them a name card to verify.

monk.. 01-07-2014 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee_tired_sheep (Post 86780569)
Nope your HR has to have arranged with the gym. I had to give them a name card to verify.

Quote:

no..as what lee_tired_sheep has said...it's via your HR and how much it is will depend on your HR or company.
some companies paid for full for their employees who join...some paid half...some a certain percent...etc..so it all depend on your company...

Kangsg 01-07-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Don't know where you get that idea from.
You need to represent your company to bargain with them for it.

Anyway, whats the big deal about corporate rates?
From the perspective of the company, you need to pay more than if your employees sign up themselves. And some gyms limit the number of gym passes too.

From your perspective, some times its better not to train with your colleagues so you can avoid gossip that you are too free.

So even if you save money from corporate rates, its better if your company gives you money towards your fitness and wellbeing and you spend that money on personal membership.

Techno Pride 06-07-2014 07:40 PM

Hi anyone familiar with FF membership transfer?

I went and took over a member's membership, supposedly 7 or 8 mths left.

When I went to log in to the Fitsync account, it says my expiry date is 1 year ahead. It's possible the Fitsync sync data is wrong.

Will have to ask the next time I head down, though would appreciate feedback from forum members.

angelmiao 24-07-2014 09:27 AM

anyone know how much is the membership now?

kitsura 24-07-2014 09:31 AM

$180++/mth.

nimal90 24-07-2014 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee_tired_sheep (Post 86779116)
Fitness first getting more and more packed. Especially after millenia walk closed. The gym opening rate can't keep up with member sign up rate.

you went to westgate FF after office hour?

monk.. 25-07-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee_tired_sheep (Post 86779116)

I think a lot of companies are signing up for their employees hence it's getting more packed.

kitsura 25-07-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monk.. (Post 87345700)
I think a lot of companies are signing up for their employees hence it's getting more packed.

Doesn't the gym limit the max number of people per company for corporate rate holders?

monk.. 25-07-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitsura (Post 87346024)
Doesn't the gym limit the max number of people per company for corporate rate holders?

I did complain to the branch manager on the gym getting more packed...Maybe they should cut back on the corporate intake.
She said they do control the number of corporate holders but did not say if it's for each company or each branch.

soteyh 25-07-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monk.. (Post 87346716)
I did complain to the branch manager on the gym getting more packed...Maybe they should cut back on the corporate intake.
She said they do control the number of corporate holders but did not say if it's for each company or each branch.

Which ff branch did you ask the manager for?