www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Health & Fitness Corner (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/)
-   -   fitness first (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/fitness-first-3407263.html)

oakhub 01-03-2015 09:02 PM

Fitness First Membership (Passport)

I went over to AMK Fitness First to get a quote. Was given this price:

Joining Fee: $0
Admin Fee: $53.50
Signature Passport: $157.29 monthly for 12 months [with take up of KickStart @ $353.10 - 5 PT Sessions]
[Without Kickstart is $165 x 12]

Is this worth it? Was not offered any starter pack or stuff. Just plane membership.

On the other hand, I just saw from their webpage, they are having a Fitness First Signature Pack - 1 month membership with 3 PT sessions and a welcome pack for $242.
Fitness First Signature Pack - Shop

Anyone has had any experience signing up recently?

Kangsg 02-03-2015 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oakhub (Post 92279281)
I went over to AMK Fitness First to get a quote. Was given this price:

Joining Fee: $0
Admin Fee: $53.50
Signature Passport: $157.29 monthly for 12 months [with take up of KickStart @ $353.10 - 5 PT Sessions]
[Without Kickstart is $165 x 12]

Is this worth it? Was not offered any starter pack or stuff. Just plane membership.

On the other hand, I just saw from their webpage, they are having a Fitness First Signature Pack - 1 month membership with 3 PT sessions and a welcome pack for $242.
Fitness First Signature Pack - Shop

Anyone has had any experience signing up recently?

That sounds about right.
Their monthly rates can increase.

If you think the consultant isn't offering the best rates to you, you can ask another consultant at another outlet.

Or you can transfer an older member's membership if he joined some time ago & his monthly rates are low. But there's transfer fees involved.

If you're asking whether the rates are worth it & whether other gyms & options are cheaper, that's a different issue altogether.

oakhub 02-03-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kangsg (Post 92284641)
That sounds about right.
Their monthly rates can increase.

If you think the consultant isn't offering the best rates to you, you can ask another consultant at another outlet.

Or you can transfer an older member's membership if he joined some time ago & his monthly rates are low. But there's transfer fees involved.

If you're asking whether the rates are worth it & whether other gyms & options are cheaper, that's a different issue altogether.

Thanks for the reply. Yup. Read that their prices are pretty standard so I guess this chap's giving me a quote around that range. I'll consider.

Not comparing with other gyms. Kind of like FF's network of gyms and a few that come with swimming pool and not forgetting loan of attire.

vincent007 11-03-2015 01:50 AM

Want to ask about engaging a PT at FF. So I just approach one of the trainers and negotiate? What is the usual rate?

nachoskia 12-03-2015 03:31 PM

signing in guests only on weekends? not so sure if they limit to only 1?

ihuazai2 14-03-2015 08:12 PM

i'm looking to sign up Fitness First. Corporate rate at $145/m + GST for all clubs, with $108 admin fee.

I was looking to pay upfront for 12 months to lower the effective monthly rate, but was told this option doesn't apply to corporate rates. If i prepay 12 months under normal rates, the effective monthly rate works out to be cheaper than the corporate rate. Seems weird, but guess i may take up the prepayment option.

Qn:
1) Is there still the option for one club? The consultant told me no. Can only sign up membership for all clubs.
2) Anyone got FF membership for all clubs to transfer?

monk.. 15-03-2015 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihuazai2 (Post 92543381)
i'm looking to sign up Fitness First. Corporate rate at $145/m + GST for all clubs, with $108 admin fee.

I was looking to pay upfront for 12 months to lower the effective monthly rate, but was told this option doesn't apply to corporate rates. If i prepay 12 months under normal rates, the effective monthly rate works out to be cheaper than the corporate rate. Seems weird, but guess i may take up the prepayment option.

Qn:
1) Is there still the option for one club? The consultant told me no. Can only sign up membership for all clubs.
2) Anyone got FF membership for all clubs to transfer?

Usually 1 club membership price is higher when compared to all clubs

monk.. 15-03-2015 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent007 (Post 92469192)
Want to ask about engaging a PT at FF. So I just approach one of the trainers and negotiate? What is the usual rate?

I believed the PTs are split into 3 levels.
Each level has differnt rates and the number of sessions you signed up will affect the rates as well...
Just look at the trainers board and approach the trainer when he/she is not training a client and ask.

deathblade82 15-03-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJames (Post 92480438)
how do i sign in guests?

it's max 3 pax or max 3 times?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nachoskia (Post 92500534)

First Club

Tiramisuyy 19-03-2015 02:07 PM

anyone use malaysia ff oversea pass to access local gym in singapore? just wondering do they limit the access for platinum member?

soundman 19-03-2015 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiramisuyy (Post 92640852)
anyone use malaysia ff oversea pass to access local gym in singapore? just wondering do they limit the access for platinum member?

If you are a passport platinium member, no limitation in accessing any FF outlets in any country except you cannot bring in a guest in the foreign country. Please be sure to check if they provide towel in the foreign country you are visiting as I visited one outlet in seacon square bangkok and there is no towel and outfit provided.

soundman 19-03-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nachoskia (Post 92500534)

Yes on weekend only and limit to only 1. Also you cannot bring in guest at Paragon outlet.

yapht88 14-04-2015 10:52 AM

Hi,

Just have a few queries.

My contract ending in June. If i renew my contract can i nego for a cheaper rate? I heard that yearly they increase the rate.

I heard that can sign in guest for the last 2 mths of contract on weekends. Is it correct?

monk.. 14-04-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yapht88 (Post 93199833)
Hi,

Just have a few queries.

My contract ending in June. If i renew my contract can i nego for a cheaper rate? I heard that yearly they increase the rate.

I heard that can sign in guest for the last 2 mths of contract on weekends. Is it correct?

You can bring in a guest on weekends if you are a member for more than 10months.
didnt hear about the last 2 months term...how long is your contract?

Dont think you can neg for cheaper rate...FF dont work like cali or true.
yes, I think they increase when they opened more new branches...i think you might be able to keep your existing rate if they have increased the rate.

Cindy_chan_5 16-04-2015 12:17 AM

Hi is there any limit for international passes?